••••$125 2-year warranty slim HID ••••

02V8Sport

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Matt from Umnitza has a deal going on for a set of slim ballast HID's.

Im am copying this info with his permission from another forum. I ordered a set of these to replace my fat ballast HID's I have now.

••••$125 2-year warranty slim HID ••••

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that I have your attention

Call us, we have the kits Lots of them.

This new HID kit is in addition to our offerings from ProLumen and features the following:

* Digital Ballast
* Integrated Ignitor and Ballast with Flexible Connections
* Wafer Thin Design
* Bullet Proof Reliability
* 2 Year Warranty

Where can I use this kit?
Anywhere! It works for your fogs, halogen low beams, high beams if you so desire...anywhere a true HID kit works. This is a complete system that allows unmatched flexibility in mounting and installation due to the unique slim wafer ballasts.

So what does the kit include?
2 bulbs, integrated ballast/ignitor, all the connections to make it work and a 2 year guarantee on any defects related to the product excluding normal wear and tear or bulb failure.

FAQ:
Q: What bulb type should I choose?
A: H1 usually for low beams.

Q: What color is best?
A: It really depends what you're looking for. Please realize that Kelvin Scale (K) does *NOT* denote brightness! The Kelvin scale is used only as a measure of COLOR output! Although "bluer" headlights may appear brighter, higher Kelvin applications actually produce less visible light on the road! It is for this reason that OEM applications use 4300K (Yellow/White) bulbs! You should choose a color that matches your needs aesthetically, but realize that Higher Kelvin = Lower Lumen. It is for this reason that we do not offer any color above 8000K!

Slim Kit Special Link

thinxenon3_sized.jpg

WTF, thats a good deal, and those ballasts are small!

I think I found the kit im getting.

So do I have to adapt anything else? And does this just plug and light. No wires to cut or splice?

probably a noob question, but what the hell. I AM a noob to this.

is this a standard to HID conversion kit?

I cant find it on the website, so is this the only kit hes selling at this offer?

Wow never mind....

Call us, we have the kits Lots of them

I read it earlier on in the day and went back for ordering, actually I just skimmed it earlier!:slam

Thanks for filling us in on it man, that is a great deal. I cant wait to get mine in!

Wow... i hope this goes on for a couple more weeks, until i get paid. That's a great deal!

What color temps are available? and h11 & 9006 are both available?

Does anyone know where we can find out if its illegal or not to run these in our state?

Also, couple questions:
should you run these where your high beams are or low beams?
and what range is the "white" kind?

Thanks guys!!

Does anyone know where we can find out if its illegal or not to run these in our state?

Also, couple questions:
should you run these where your high beams are or low beams?
and what range is the "white" kind?

Thanks guys!!

What's your state? I'm quite sure it is always illegal to retrofit HID, but it may vary by state. Definitely run them in lows, that's what you use 99% of the time. As for "white" kind, any HID color temp from 4,300k up to roughly 8,000k will be white, with the higher kelvin ratings having a bluish tinge. I recommend 4,300k since it offers a very crisp white and also has the highest lument output (the most light on the road). 4,300k is what all oem HID setups use. If you are more concerned with impressing other people, go with a higher kelvin rating.

Im not so much concerned with impressing other people. I'm just concerned with not getting a ticket. what have other people's experiences been with this? I don't even like the blue ones, so i'd prolly go with the whites. Have any of you with HID's gotten pulled over? I don't want to spend $125 on some lights I'll get a $100 ticket for. BTW I'm in Michigan.

What's your state? I'm quite sure it is always illegal to retrofit HID, but it may vary by state. Definitely run them in lows, that's what you use 99% of the time. As for "white" kind, any HID color temp from 4,300k up to roughly 8,000k will be white, with the higher kelvin ratings having a bluish tinge. I recommend 4,300k since it offers a very crisp white and also has the highest lument output (the most light on the road). 4,300k is what all oem HID setups use. If you are more concerned with impressing other people, go with a higher kelvin rating.

From what I hear its legal in the US period, but its not in Europe.

Correct me if I am wrong but thats what I saw in a video on stuff on it once.

I've had HID's for over 3 years and never once been pulled over because of them. I wouldn't worry about the laws.

Im not so much concerned with impressing other people. I'm just concerned with not getting a ticket. what have other people's experiences been with this? I don't even like the blue ones, so i'd prolly go with the whites. Have any of you with HID's gotten pulled over? I don't want to spend $125 on some lights I'll get a $100 ticket for. BTW I'm in Michigan.

From what I hear its legal in the US period, but its not in Europe.

Correct me if I am wrong but thats what I saw in a video on stuff on it once.

Again, quite sure retrofits are illegal. The following is from www.danielsternlighting.com Daniel is a consultant for automotive lighting solutions.

"What about the law, what does it have to say on the matter? In virtually every first-world country, HID "retrofits" into halogen headlamps are illegal. They're illegal clear across Europe and in all of the many countries that use European ECE headlight regulations. They're illegal in the US and Canada. Some people dismiss this because North American regulations, in particular, are written in such a manner as to reject a great many genuinely good headlamps. Nevertheless, on the particular count of HID "retrofits" into halogen headlamps, the world's regulators and engineers agree: DON'T!

The only safe and legitimate HID retrofit is one that replaces the entire headlamp—that is lens, reflector, bulb...the WHOLE shemozzle—with optics designed for HID usage. In the aftermarket, it is possible to get clever with the growing number of available products, such as Hella's modular projectors available in HID or halogen, and fabricate your own brackets and bezels, or to modify an original-equipment halogen headlamp housing to contain optical "guts" designed for HID usage. But just putting an HID bulb where a halogen one belongs is bad news all around."

Again, quite sure retrofits are illegal. The following is from www.danielsternlighting.com Daniel is a consultant for automotive lighting solutions.

"What about the law, what does it have to say on the matter? In virtually every first-world country, HID "retrofits" into halogen headlamps are illegal. They're illegal clear across Europe and in all of the many countries that use European ECE headlight regulations. They're illegal in the US and Canada. Some people dismiss this because North American regulations, in particular, are written in such a manner as to reject a great many genuinely good headlamps. Nevertheless, on the particular count of HID "retrofits" into halogen headlamps, the world's regulators and engineers agree: DON'T!

The only safe and legitimate HID retrofit is one that replaces the entire headlamp—that is lens, reflector, bulb...the WHOLE shemozzle—with optics designed for HID usage. In the aftermarket, it is possible to get clever with the growing number of available products, such as Hella's modular projectors available in HID or halogen, and fabricate your own brackets and bezels, or to modify an original-equipment halogen headlamp housing to contain optical "guts" designed for HID usage. But just putting an HID bulb where a halogen one belongs is bad news all around."

If you can find a cop and a judge that can tell you if your headlights are oem or not. Some LSs come with HIDS, who are they to say ours isnt one of them. Same with angel eyes, just like bmw.

ok im probly gonna jump on this would i want the h11 bulb or the 9006 for the lows? i have a 2000 btw.

Members online

No members online now.
Back