advanced autoparts sucks a$$!

Scorpio1118_2000

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm never going to give them any of my money ever again, I had to do a heli-coil and they gave me the wrong kit for $30 and they didn't have any body there to tell me how to use it. Then stupid me tries to use it and it falls down the hole and I had to use 3M tape to get it out, then I went to autozone of all places and got the help I needed and the right tool, go figure. I hate them too but when it comes to my baby go where I need to get the job done.

Yeah they suck if your looking for advise. I'd careful doing jobs that Advance or autozone or pep.. had to tell me how its done. At least it worked out for you.

Ask here before you ask AutoAdvancePepZone...
I worked at one of them in high school, still didn't know crap- and I was probably the second most knowledgable guy there.

"Tie Rod... so that's in the- engine page"

No, steering and suspension.

"Oh yeah... suspension..."

I'm never going to give them any of my money ever again, I had to do a heli-coil and they gave me the wrong kit for $30 and they didn't have any body there to tell me how to use it. Then stupid me tries to use it and it falls down the hole and I had to use 3M tape to get it out, then I went to autozone of all places and got the help I needed and the right tool, go figure. I hate them too but when it comes to my baby go where I need to get the job done.

That sucks that you didnt know how to pick and use a tool properly, and even moreso that someone didnt spoon feed you step by step instructions on how to do it. Shame on you Advanced Auto.:rolleyes:

thats why i only buy what i need from them and thats final....for advice and help LVC baby yeah!!!!!

For your info wilson I'm in no need to be spoon fed, I just need the right info like any normal person so excuse me if I want to get all the info I can to do the job right. As it turns out the tool from the zone is the same size as the plug not the heli-coil, me and the bro-inlaw went all over town trying to find the right with no luck. So I going to call in the big guns, I met this guy the other day he is a former master tech so now he will taking over. He has the right tool and will do it this weekend.

I knew what to do just did not have the right tool, and I looked at some of threads on here and had a couple mechanic freinds look at it and said I just need the right tool, and this weekend I will have it. And fordnut getting laid was a lot easier than dealing with this no prob in that area. Money is tight and with baby #3 on the way I didn't want to spend too much money, I should be driving her soon. Thanks to all for the good info.

Sorry to anybody that works there I was venting my frustration, there are somthings that I get there but not much since alot of the stuff I need these days are dealer only parts.(go figure)

I knew what to do just did not have the right tool, and I looked at some of threads on here and had a couple mechanic freinds look at it and said I just need the right tool, and this weekend I will have it. And fordnut getting laid was a lot easier than dealing with this no prob in that area. Money is tight and with baby #3 on the way I didn't want to spend too much money, I should be driving her soon. Thanks to all for the good info.

problem solved I just met this guy who is A.S.E. certified that will not only fix the 1 that blewout, but he's going to fix the other 7 as well for $150.00! I was thinking if that 1 would do it would'nt the others as well? So I'm going to have them all done to eliminate all dought.

problem solved I just met this guy who is A.S.E. certified that will not only fix the 1 that blewout, but he's going to fix the other 7 as well for $150.00! I was thinking if that 1 would do it would'nt the others as well? So I'm going to have them all done to eliminate all dought.

10 months later?

Should have bought a timesert kit. They are like $400 but when you are done you can re-coup the majority of what you paid for the kit on ebay.

My spark plugs blew out in multiple places on my 2v GT and I used that kit. It was pretty easy to use, and they gave great instructions. The timesert kit is superior to the helicoil because they have a lip that seats onto the engine whereas the helicoil does not.

Most of those guys are strictly retail sales people who would be working at walmart or someplace else, they arent car people. Ask for an oil filter for a mark viii , there response is what size engine? Wtf? Dont get advise on pouring oil into your motor from those guys,most dont know just whats on thiere screen. Not all but most

10 months later?

I was in no rush to get her fixed, I have been driving my focus to keep the miles down and save money on gas. And at the time my wife was pregnant with my little girl at the time(#3 by the way), so the lincoln has been on hold.
So orieley's has the right tool huh?, Im going to check that out.

This guy is going to do the other 7? Which there is nothing wrong with? So you are going to remove the perfectly good threads that are already in the head, drill them out, and put a heli-coil in its place... derrrr

And I donno who that MrWilson guy is, but I like him...

I love going in auto parts stores.

Me: Need a belt for a 1997 Mustang GT with the 4.6
Idiot: They only have 4.7 engines
Me: Uh, no they dont
Idiot: The computer says its a 4.7
Me: I think thats your IQ. Fine, I will take the acc belt for that one then.
Idiot: V-6 or V-8?

Me: I need the coolant temperature sensor fo a 1998 Mark VIII
Idiot: *standard questions as to V-8? AC? LSC? Auto?*
Idiot: I can order one cause we only have one in stock.
Me: So I cant have the one you have in stock?
Idiot: *Blank look*
Me: You have one here?
Idiot: Yes
Me: Can I buy it?
Idiot: Yes *continues blank stare*
Me: Can I buy it now?
Idiot: You want the one we have here?
Me: *contimplates killing idiot* Yes please.
Idiot: *comes back with sensor* I dont think this is the right one.
Me: Why? *looks identical to the one I handed him*
Idiot: Its brass colored.
Me: *wipes dirt off old one*
Idiot: *mongoloid laugh*

I got 100 more. :lol:

I love going in auto parts stores.

Me: Need a belt for a 1997 Mustang GT with the 4.6
Idiot: They only have 4.7 engines
Me: Uh, no they dont
Idiot: The computer says its a 4.7
Me: I think thats your IQ. Fine, I will take the acc belt for that one then.
Idiot: V-6 or V-8?

Me: I need the coolant temperature sensor fo a 1998 Mark VIII
Idiot: *standard questions as to V-8? AC? LSC? Auto?*
Idiot: I can order one cause we only have one in stock.
Me: So I cant have the one you have in stock?
Idiot: *Blank look*
Me: You have one here?
Idiot: Yes
Me: Can I buy it?
Idiot: Yes *continues blank stare*
Me: Can I buy it now?
Idiot: You want the one we have here?
Me: *contimplates killing idiot* Yes please.
Idiot: *comes back with sensor* I dont think this is the right one.
Me: Why? *looks identical to the one I handed him*
Idiot: Its brass colored.
Me: *wipes dirt off old one*
Idiot: *mongoloid laugh*

I got 100 more. :lol:

All of them are right!!! But here is one!!!

Loaner tool program at Where else? Advanced!!!

I go in and get Powersteering Pump Pulley Puller Tool!!!

Get home and open it and it is broke! Take it back and they return it in the computer and loan me another one, all through the computer!!! I bring it back three days later! Now, get this I WALKED in with it in my hand!! Take it to the counter, but I lost my receipt! They look it up and tell me that the computer says that both of the items are returned already??? So they can't give me my 28 bucks back! How in the fock did I already return it if I focking walked in the door with it? That :q:q:q:q had me so mad I was about to slap the whole crew lmao!!! I swear man they are so focking dumb! They have the worst employees of any auto parts chain in my town! They have about four people working there at a time and 3 of them have just started within a week! And they know jack:q:q:q:q about a car! Then the manager is gonna tell me to "bring in a receipt because the computer shows that I already returned the item that I walked in the door with!

All of them are right!!! But here is one!!!

Loaner tool program at Where else? Advanced!!!

I go in and get Powersteering Pump Pulley Puller Tool!!!

Get home and open it and it is broke! Take it back and they return it in the computer and loan me another one, all through the computer!!! I bring it back three days later! Now, get this I WALKED in with it in my hand!! Take it to the counter, but I lost my receipt! They look it up and tell me that the computer says that both of the items are returned already??? So they can't give me my 28 bucks back! How in the fock did I already return it if I focking walked in the door with it? That :q:q:q:q had me so mad I was about to slap the whole crew lmao!!! I swear man they are so focking dumb! They have the worst employees of any auto parts chain in my town! They have about four people working there at a time and 3 of them have just started within a week! And they know jack:q:q:q:q about a car! Then the manager is gonna tell me to "bring in a receipt because the computer shows that I already returned the item that I walked in the door with!
keep it, do you really need 28 bux?

Members online

No members online now.
Back