advanced autoparts sucks a$$!

Yep, at least 80% of parts store employees are tards. And, take it from someone who's been behind that counter, at least 90% of customers are tards as well.

Anyway, if the computer shows you've returned something, it probably means another customer or (more likely) someone who works there returned it for you and got your money. If bitching at the sales manager gets you nowhere, go to another store and find the district, regional, and divisional managers' numbers... then walk in and threaten to call them all, it usually gets :q:q:q:q done.

not all certs are good when they are appplied to a human that is book smart but dumb when it comes to applying what the book says. common sense is that sense that without which all other sense is NONSENSE.

I'm still thinking about doing it , not really sure. And who says that they are all good just cause they have not blown yet? But at the same time, they might be just fine. only time will tell, thanks for the helpful info guys. And to hell with all the useless flaming.

Last edited:
I changed my transmission solinoid pack and tranny fluid and filter last night. Went to Advanced Auto this morning to figure out why it was shifting so hard. The guy behind the counter told me "All the sludge and dirt got loose and now you transmission is going to be toast....that's why I parked my Tahoe, I changed the fluid, and I was talking to my mechanic and he said if you change the fluid it will ruin you tranny Blah blah blah....Buy this $12 bottle of......"
I called my mechanic this morning and the dealership, and they both said the same thing, either the computer needs to be updated, or the filter isn't seated properly

Sigh.......

Medium has it right. I would go even further and say that 95% of the general public is certified moronic. Generally, the more knowledgeable the partsguy(ME), the more idiotic the average customer is. If you need to ask why a trans is slipping/shifting firmly, a retail autoparts store is NOT the place to go asking questions.

A trans is gonna be out of the scope for 98% of the counter people. That being said, we do have alot of morons that work for us who will say anything they can to get money, but not all of us are like that.

As you can tell, I'm not a people person. This is why I have a nice little desk in back, and talk to commercial customers all day.

when i helped in parts when it was slow at the dealership i always loved the calls

me: chicken parts how can i help you (and yes i usually said something of the sort)

cust: i need a price on tires for my car

me:what size are the tires?

cust: uhhhh i dunno

me: ok what kind of car is it?

cust: a ford....

me: ford what?

cust: i dunno? a car....

me: (randomly naming off late model fords)

cust: i dunno

me: get me the tire size (and explain where to find it)

cust: uhhhhh its a goodyear?

me: and the size is

cust: i dunno i cant find what your referring to

me: look at the back of the car and tell me at least what car it is

cust: oh its a jetta

me:...................................................hangs up

no joke ive seen this happen alot

hell MWB had a lady call him at work wanting to know how the keypad on the door worked, he asked her what kind of car she has. the lady says oh i dont have one yet but im looking. so he explains how it works, then she asks him if all cars are like that cuz she really dont like fords but maybe a honda or something, does theirs work the same :slam:

^^^^ LMAO!

When I was a BMW enthusiast, my parts guy was so good that he'd just let me come around the desk and use the parts database to find my own stuff! Worked out good! :)

I did purchase an Actron OBD II scanner from Advance Auto Parts the other week. Was just two 30 something women in there. Things go smoothly when I just shove them a piece of paper with the part number on it and say ''I want this''. Only one time at an Advance in NJ did I ever try to talk to a person about a part and all I got in response was: ''can you say all that again in English'' Lol.

one of our parts houses has an 87 year old man working the counter, poor guy is ALWAYS looking up the wrong parts when i have to call to get parts, ive started just going and getting the parts off the shelf there myself

one of our parts houses has an 87 year old man working the counter, poor guy is ALWAYS looking up the wrong parts when i have to call to get parts, ive started just going and getting the parts off the shelf there myself
Is it the Oreillys over by Arbys? That guy is slower then molasas.

I used to work at Advance Auto Parts in Troy, NC about 20 years ago. Seems like people working there knew a lot more about their trade back then. When I interviewed for the job, they asked a lot of basic automotive mechanical questions just to make sure you knew the difference between a spark plug and a walnut. But we had a lot of folks at that store who knew their way around a car. It seems that today, they just hire whoever walks in off the street.

Members online

No members online now.
Back