What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Polished my Mark VIIIs headlights but still need to clean the car.
IMG_6683_zps177dbd69.jpg

Cleaned up the garage so now I have 3 Marks sitting away from the weather. Still have the Town Car and my Mark VIII sitting out.

IMG_7058_zpsfb3739a1.jpg

Went to 18th Spring Nationals at Englishtown yesterday. Saw no Lincoln's mostly Mustangs and Hondas :p

Kind of a given though...

Pulled it out of storage so I could get my lawn mower out. She's very sad right now.

20140505_085320.jpg

Also started tearing this down to get powder coated and rebuilt with Derlin, cobra hubs/rotors, 31 spline posi with 3.73's, 31 spline axles, 04 cobra shocks, SS shock mounts, diff brace, SCP diff mount and cover brace.

20140503_164754.jpg

20140505_085320.jpg

20140503_164754.jpg

Pulled it out of storage so I could get my lawn mower out. She's very sad right now.

View attachment 828467406

Also started tearing this down to get powder coated and rebuilt with Derlin, cobra hubs/rotors, 31 spline posi with 3.73's, 31 spline axles, 04 cobra shocks, SS shock mounts, diff brace, SCP diff mount and cover brace.

View attachment 828467407

Glad to see the snow's finally gone up der.

I know a good place to get those bushings....

I'd like to totally refurbish the underside of my car, but it's actually not in bad shape at all. My laziness will win over, and I'll probably just throw some bushings in it and be done with it.

I know a good place to get those bushings....

I'd like to totally refurbish the underside of my car, but it's actually not in bad shape at all. My laziness will win over, and I'll probably just throw some bushings in it and be done with it.

Did you have to space your rear wheels to clear the caliper bracket? I've got the 04+ Mustang offset and they rubbed.

I put on a full set of new 04+ FR500s 18x9 / 18x10 and 2 new Michelin MXV4 up front thanks to a Chevy Tahoe driving a$$hat that doesn't use blinkers/sideview mirrors nor understood what blaring horns means. The Starbucks coffee bottle I threw thru his side window got his attention however

Did you have to space your rear wheels to clear the caliper bracket? I've got the 04+ Mustang offset and they rubbed.

I put on a full set of new 04+ FR500s 18x9 / 18x10 and 2 new Michelin MXV4 up front thanks to a Chevy Tahoe driving a$$hat that doesn't use blinkers/sideview mirrors nor understood what blaring horns means. The Starbucks coffee bottle I threw thru his side window got his attention however

Your post is confusing. I know your original set of wheels were 94-04 offset, and the new set you just got are the 2005+ offset. Which set are you having trouble with the caliper bracket on?

I had no problems with caliper brackets. I had to roll the rear fenders, and cut the top bumper mount. I also had to tie the e-brake cable back to the sway bar end link to prevent it from rubbing on the wheel lip. You'll also have to cut some amount of the axle stub in order to put the rear center caps on.

Right, 05+ offset. NTB tossed them on, dropped the car and rolled it out. I heard it rubbing and had them pull the wheels back off
IMG_20140505_154621660.jpg

Got some 1/4" spacers from O'Reilly and it doesn't hit the bracket anymore

Do you have Cobra rears? If not, that should be your next upgrade. If that's hitting the caliper bracket, relocating the caliper with the cobra rears would prevent that, and get rid of that spacer.

I happen to know a real good source for the caliper relocation brackets...

Members online

Back