What did you do to your LS today?

LS Road kill this evening, small game again, looked Coon'ish, this is twice now, damn little rascals are quick to get out from the bushes,
flattened it with the front passenger side, got to the nearest street light and had a look, ZERO damage, might need an underneath power spray.

Off to the races

Towing_zpsab21bd7a.jpg

It has been 3 years since I last restored the fogs, so I did them again last night. Last used the 3M kit, this time the spar urethane method. Only had as low as 600 grit left so I couldn't get all the pitting out. Still happy nevertheless.

DSC_3695_s.jpg

Message center buttons broke this morning. Seems like everything is going at once. Used liquid nails and duct tape as a fix.

I like this type of the fogs better then the ones in my 01 which don't have the round outlay.
any idea if these are compatible with the 01's ? same size ?

jjcool did you receive the system yet? If so, did it fit well/how easily was it to install?

Thanks in advance.

I like this type of the fogs better then the ones in my 01 which don't have the round outlay.
any idea if these are compatible with the 01's ? same size ?

Big they will fit. You just have to remove one of the mounting screws from the top of them. That's on my list of things to do eventually as well.

Went into my first car show today for ****s 'n' giggles and had some lookers. There was no dd, high mileage (if you can call 125k miles high), or luxury sport class, so I was put in the post 70's classics lol. Wasn't expecting anything out of it, just something to do on a Sunday. That's my buddy's Ram next to me. Only car that was remotely close to an LS there was a T-Bird.

Lastly, picked up some M34 Mirror Glaze Final Inspection to keep as a QD going forward. Was told that GM buys this stuff by the case for their cars so I think it will do just fine on an LS. I plan on having a slew of detailing products to get rid of swirl marks before fall & winter, any suggestions, please pm me.

IMAG0012_zpseea0babe.jpg

Thought this was neat too.
IMAG0011_zps438d14d3.gif

Last edited:
Changed the oil.

Ordered new material to redo trunk install.

Almost didn't make it to the pumps this morning.

20130811_135451.jpg

Put on some much needed go-juice.​

20130811_135451.jpg

Maybe you have the 2000 Lincoln dealer book that lists all the options to validate that statement with published fact. I would appreciate it. Thank you.

jjcool did you receive the system yet? If so, did it fit well/how easily was it to install?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, busy weekend. They are direct bolt on so that means they will only require one weld each. Unless you are a welder or have access to a welding machine you will need to have someone do the work. You can reuse your old O2 sensors. I have only put about 50 miles on the new cats as I don't drive the LS often, but initial reports are a QUIETER exhaust - I found out the old cat I had on the passenger side was completely hollowed out - no honeycombs, you could see straight through it and this was most likely causing the P0420 and other issues. However, I have definitely noticed that the car responds better when I hit the gas pedal. Like I said, I straight up offered him $375 and he accepted right away, you MAY be able to offer less as I initially thought he was going to reject the $375.

Had a really frustrating time this weekend with the LS - on Saturday. Ordered two new O2 sensors because mine were so rusted on my converters they were practically welded on and couldn't be removed. The tech at the exhaust shop plugged the holes so I could drive it home (nice guy - or so I thought). Jacked it up went under the car and the bolts that he used to plug them were placed on with allen keys - who uses those anymore? So I broke out the allen key got the one bolt off with relative difficulty, it was super tight! Passenger side? Not so much. It was impossible to get off - I even used a pipe for leverage but was scared to break the cat so I stopped. Took it to my buddies place he has a lift he tried heating it up, no luck - he stopped said to take it back to the exhaust shop that it was ridiculous that they tightened a temporary bolt that tight. So I took it to the exhaust shop yesterday... at first the guy was like "oh the thread is stripped there's nothing we can do" I told them I wasnt leaving until they got it off, they put it on now they have to get it off.. he said he wouldn't. I asked to speak to the manager he said he was off until next week? Now I'm getting pissed... The one tech there said he would try when he started he said "I might break this cat pulling this hard" so not thinking I said - If you break that cat im going to kill you. Guess what? THEY CALLED THE COPS... hahaha.. while the cop is driving over.. the same tech kept trying... using heat and a monkey wrench and started slowly getting the bolt off... I asked him was there any reason this was over tightened like this? He laughed said it was stupid by whoever did it.. eventually he gets it off the cop gives me a warning and I'm on my way... They put the o2 sensor I had in the back seat on for free (least they could do as it takes 12 seconds to put it on)... never going there again!

Long story short - the LS is in perfect mechanical condition again (knock on wood)... everything works... everything is the way its supposed to be after spending an entire summer fixing small things here and there.. only thing left that I even want to do is refinish my headlights again.

Members online

No members online now.
Back