What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Hey aside from shock mounts waht rattles in the back of these beasts.Finally got rid of all the noises in the front now back making noise.

One of the known rattles in the back, other than the Shock mounts and Control arm bushings being shot is the Splice for the Parking Brake cables hitting the rear frame, I took a couple of heavy duty zip-ties and secured it to the frame
I switched from zip-ties to a Velcro strap just because I think it looks neater

20130218_110715.jpg

Also the Toe Link Compensators can make some noises, they are located in the Rear Lower Control Arm

Glued my Velcro back to the seat foam using the brown Gorilla Glue, used an old brake pad and stood it on edge to give the "clamp" force
20130729_091618.jpg

Remove the center console and found it was not secured to the floor, was looking at somehow modifying my broken cup-holders to have one that is functioning. Made the rookie mistake of loosing the spring for the ashtray compartment. Did some cleaning under the console and had a peak at the other lights from my message center, temperature control unit and heated seats to try and find away to make these look the same blue as my dash... Any ideas or has anyone done this already?

20130729_155732.jpg

Found this thing laying around, gonna paint it like the calipers and see if I like it.
20130729_142507.jpg

Finished up with the seat foam, slapped the cover back on and shrunk it some with water and the Texas sun

20130729_142939.jpg

Any chance you have pictures from this job? Would like to see how it was done so I can give it a shot. What filter did you use? Would like to get blue to match my dash
Edit,
Saw your recent post. White would be interesting.

i have 302k

Looks like I'm part of the 200K club! I couldn't be happier! How many is there over 200K? Not many I can only assume. But at least I can say I have one! :)

my 1994 deep jewel green mark has 302k miles that i got for free from a dealership that wanted 3k for one car but took 3k for two the one they wanted 3k for was a lumina my mark is my first car and i love it

my 1994 deep jewel green mark has 302k miles that i got for free from a dealership that wanted 3k for one car but took 3k for two the one they wanted 3k for was a lumina my mark is my first car and i love it

Have any pic's? We like pic's!

I am part of that thread....post #8 :)

Problem the whole time?

That's kinda what I'm thinking. It would explain the stalling and no start situations. So $700 bucks later we find out what the problem was to start with. But it makes me sick to think of how much a new set of cats are gonna cost. That car may have to be sold just to pay for the damn repairs... I just hope the engine isn't damaged from driving it like that.

That's kinda what I'm thinking. It would explain the stalling and no start situations. So $700 bucks later we find out what the problem was to start with. But it makes me sick to think of how much a new set of cats are gonna cost. That car may have to be sold just to pay for the damn repairs... I just hope the engine isn't damaged from driving it like that.

Not your problem. :)

Well, i replaced my ignition assembly, and my SCIL with one to match the ignition.

Along with a through cleaning and scrubbing of the interior.

I need carpet, bad, and a few other things. (i would love an entire ebony interior, MMM MMM)

If anyone needs an SCIL, let me know, but youll have to program it.

on the brown one, put the brackets on my rebuilt rear calipers with new slide bolt boots and rattle clips, new Thermo-quiet pads; front brakes are done so I'm ready to bleed it after work tonight

Well. To add to all my other troubles, found out Monday that I have prostate cancer. And I'm going to have to have some major surgery in the next couple of months. If it ain't one thing it's ten others...

And I'm off this Saturday and the kids will be with the wifey so I'll have the entire day to get my '95 aired up and hopefully back on the road. She's slammed right now :(

Well. To add to all my other troubles, found out Monday that I have prostate cancer. And I'm going to have to have some major surgery in the next couple of months. If it ain't one thing it's ten others...

And I'm off this Saturday and the kids will be with the wifey so I'll have the entire day to get my '95 aired up and hopefully back on the road. She's slammed right now :(
WOW that sucks on way to many ways! Hope they caught it early so it can be eliminated :confused:

WOW that sucks on way to many ways! Hope they caught it early so it can be eliminated :confused:

Yes it does. And I think we caught it pretty early. Surgery should take care of it as long as it isn't spreading too fast. I just found out Monday and I'll know a little more this week. I've got several more appointments with a couple of different doctors so I will know what options I have. But it just sucks horribly.

I'm so sorry to hear that Thaywood. I hope everything goes as planned and that you have a speedy recovery.

Glad to hear you caught it early buddy.

I just lost my grandpa yesterday to colorectal cancer. It sucks, but it was because He refused to ever be checked out. And now I'm having to pay for everything on a broke college budget. I loved the guy, but he never thought ahead.

You hang in there thaywood. You'll be just fine.

Members online

No members online now.
Back