What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

#1 the first step disassembly... removal of the headliner is easier than you may think first take off or pull away the weather strip from both A-pillars and the weather strip around the sunroof inside, than unscrew the visors and visor clips and oh-**** handle, than the domelight/sunroof switch assembly gently pry away the black switch panel to reveal 2 screws, than unscrew the cloths hooks in the back on both sides and pop off the access panel that has two push pins and the 2 rear push pins. the B and C pillar plastic does not need to be removed just pulled back enough to reveal a black push pin near the b pillar on both sides holding the headliner up. recline both seats and slide the headliner forward toward the windshield being very careful not to bend the headliner once its slid forward enough past the b pillar trim it should be free to come down, remove gently from passenger side of vehicle gently (2 people should be used to unsure the headliner board does not bend or break) also if the sunroof shade needs to be replaced to you may have to remove the roof assembly, mine was easy because the shade was broke away from the roof assembly so I could manually slide it back and forth and was able to slide the shade out the top with theroof open.
#2 once the headliner is out lay it on a flat clean surface and start stripping all the old headliner and foam backing. This is very time consuming I used a plasic bondo scraper, and gently used a wire brush (do not scrub hard) also gloves are recommended I found this the hard way with a thousand little pokes from fiberglass off the fiberboard. it should look something like this when preeped CAM00348.jpg
#3 upholstering- lay the foam backed headliner material over the board making sure you have enough material to fold over edges I bought 2 yards 60inches wide for the main headliner and another yard for the sunroof shade , don't cut it yet, smooth it out than flip half of it over and spray the headliner adhesive on both the board and material on half at a time. watch this you tube video for help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MmT72NDtTs I let my headliner dry for a whole day before reassembly some say its not necessary but I wanted to make sure the glue was dry/cured before installing.
#4 reassembly- is the same as disassembly just in reverse with a little more caution clean hands are necessary unless you want a goofed up headliner, glue and grease from the sunroof could ruin your whole day so also avoid goo/glue from weather strip areas when putting the headliner in the car. Also Do NOT fold the headliner to force it in your car it will surly crease the new material I found this out the hard way a corner got caught and folded and creased good thing it was a corner that went under trim otherwise It would have been a bad day.
#5 Enjoy your new headliner :) Hope this mini headliner guide helps out

CAM00348.jpg

Drove mine down to the corner store today and when I came back out, I turned my key too fast I guess because when I did, the front bags started venting, instead of airing back up. I didn't notice it until I got down the road a little bit and felt the front end bouncing. I knew what I was feeling wasn't what I normally feel. I opened the console and made sure the Rays Switch was off and it was so all I had to do was toggle the other switch and then it started raising back up. Tested when I got back home and turned the key on first and then started it like I always have. It worked fine that time. I guess if you turn the key to start it too fast, the air ride computer doesn't have time to comprehend or something. I won't do that again and glad I had the switch in my console to reset it while driving at a slow speed. Worked like a charm.

pulld parts from a 95: rear half axles, rear lca/knuckle bolts, shifter and radio bezzles, chrome brow; headlights, eatc, ashtray cup, plastic that covers headlights and fan/radi...$120....wanted the power amp but it was gone, forgot to grab the power antennae

Drove down the HWY earlier and the air ride is all back to normal again. I never turn my key to start it in a fast motion. I always turn the key on and get power to the message center and then start it from that point but I didn't yesterday and instead of airing up to ride height, it vented to a slammed stance instead. Now it's venting at HWY speeds like it should and airing right back up when I'm slowing down and it vented just like it should have when I got back home and backed it in the garage. I won't fast key it again. I have too much into that stuff for it to be messin with my mind like that.

put some sensatrac's on:D

I like mine. Had them on for three years now. The stock shocks I had before these were knocking in the back and about to drive me insane. They found bumps and rattled when I never even seen a bump. Been quiet now for a long time since the Sensatrac's. Hard to beat that price on them. My mounts were $50 shipped, maybe $40... Can't remember.

On another note drove the 98 yesterday, starting raining and turned lights on. Lights came on for a couple seconds then I lost all lights(interior back lighting, headlights, and parking lights, Possibly brake lights not sure), turned switch on and off a few times and nothing so I turned the switch to the off position and kept driving a few seconds later everything came back and the switch was in the off position, could not get lights to shut off without restarting car. Is there a LCM(lighting control module) on the 97/98's? Seems awfully similar to when the LCM went bad on my dads Marauder.

I like mine. Had them on for three years now. The stock shocks I had before these were knocking in the back and about to drive me insane. They found bumps and rattled when I never even seen a bump. Been quiet now for a long time since the Sensatrac's. Hard to beat that price on them. My mounts were $50 shipped, maybe $40... Can't remember.

50$ cause I saw your post when researching and called Eddie up, great guy and awesome customer service. Fast shipping too!

It rides so smooth now.:D

50$ cause I saw your post when researching and called Eddie up, great guy and awesome customer service. Fast shipping too!

It rides so smooth now.:D

I would have to agree. Might not be the best shock in the world but it sure felt like it to me and still does lol. Some of the guys and girl on here might corner hard but I pretty much keep it on the norm. I do need to change bushings though. Had them for a year or so now but just haven't wanted to mess with it. The ones that come with the Sensatrac's will start making a creaking sound when it vents to park height so, be ready for that. Not bad but can get annoying sometimes.

On another note drove the 98 yesterday, starting raining and turned lights on. Lights came on for a couple seconds then I lost all lights(interior back lighting, headlights, and parking lights, Possibly brake lights not sure), turned switch on and off a few times and nothing so I turned the switch to the off position and kept driving a few seconds later everything came back and the switch was in the off position, could not get lights to shut off without restarting car. Is there a LCM(lighting control module) on the 97/98's? Seems awfully similar to when the LCM went bad on my dads Marauder.
The lights may have been on cause you had the wipers on.

put some sensatrac's on:D

20130724_102954_zpse33726f7.jpg

20130724_172229_zpsf0d5a5a4.jpg

Hey Evan, did you order those shock mounts through american air? I need a set for my car, noticed the original ones were starting to deteriorate when I swapped to coils last fall.

Members online

Back