What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

put it back together till I can get another clock spring and dimensional washer switch. I have a spare column for 2 years now

Drill out the holes if you can and go the next size bigger. When you put the puller on it make sure that the center of the puller IS smaller than the hole in the wheel. I say this because I found mine was bigger and I was about to pull the threads out of my wheel. Anyway if it is smaller get some pressure on it and hit the end of the puller with a hammer just like breaking a nut free with an impact!!

Mark Tinted 28%/15%

20130220_091408.jpg

20130220_171147.jpg

how much was it for the tint in florida

Paid $171 but I am sure you could get it done cheaper from other places. I was looking for an "actual shop" and not one where I would have to leave it over night.

i see and here in NC there shops every where but wheres only like 3 i trust in Charlotte

Paid $171 but I am sure you could get it done cheaper from other places. I was looking for an "actual shop" and not one where I would have to leave it over night.

What matters more? Having it done right, or having it done right now ?

Bought current tabs for the 98 today and drove it around for about an hour. The car liked or didn't like the temps in the 30s depending on how you look at it. :p. Crackin' 3rd gear with wheel spin. Speedo jumping to 100mph. :D. Can't wait to run this beast in April. Goodbye mid 13.

Yay!

Looks like I'm part of the 200K club! I couldn't be happier! How many is there over 200K? Not many I can only assume. But at least I can say I have one! :)

Speedo (2).jpg

Did this with my '96 and still miss it :(
Flash200.jpg

Made it 9000 miles more before the trans finally went :shifty:

What matters more? Having it done right, or having it done right now ?

It's mostly important to me to have it done right and be right there with my car, while it's being done right then. I waited about 20 min before he started. This guy has been tinting cars in this shop since he was 14 and his dad owns it. They're Asian or something but he is extremely good at it. After tickets and two Marks tinted, he has seen his share of doing a Mark VIII now. He hates seeing my back window but he still knocks it out in one piece within 10 min. I started with 5% on the BOB-94 and because of the police, I had 72 hours to remove. Swapped to 35% which is legal here. Got the 95 and started out with 20% rears and 35% fronts. Got a ticket and it was dismissed after I took it back and had the rears removed and replaced with 35% and I also have a lifetime warranty from the shop I use. First time cost me $225 for 5% all around but now it's only $150 and I can sit and watch it being done.

0119101415-00.jpg

hey sapperfire clear ur inbox i pm u but it wont accept cause u dont have space

Got a new sound coming from the front of the car now. It doesn't sound good at all. Every time I hit a hard bump like when the pavement gets a little higher when you cross a bridge or a small but abrupt dip in the road, I get a loud knock like something is hitting the floorboard. It sounds like it's coming from the left front fenderwell. I've had the front wheels off and nothing appears loose. It's a scary noise. But it only does it on very abrupt bumps or when the suspension bottoms out (easy to do with the mushy Arnott shocks and slightly lowered front end). I know I need sway bar end links, but this sounds like a hammer hitting the inner fenderwell. It's horrible...:(

Members online

No members online now.
Back