Chat Open......

I was unaware the Mark 8 was a 2 door vehicle.. If your gonna buy a 2 door, why not just get a Real performance vehicle like the Mustang? Maybe its just me, but having a luxury vehicle, and then making it 2 doors kinda defuses luxury in a way..

I was unaware the Mark 8 was a 2 door vehicle.. If your gonna buy a 2 door, why not just get a Real performance vehicle like the Mustang? Maybe its just me, but having a luxury vehicle, and then making it 2 doors kinds defuses luxury in a way..

26195.jpg

Your response doesn't surprise me after looking at your screen name on LVC! ZERO Common sense about cars in general can be seen by your closed minded response. Now do us all a favor & stay off the Mark VIII side.

By the way, I went into your profile... Umm, WTF dude? Maybe it's just me but if you want a fast sports car buy a Mustang. Why install; "Custom Intake, Magnaflow Cat back, Custom Tune, LSE Skirt kit, Tints." on a Lincoln LS? Maybe it's just me but having a 4dr luxury vehicle then installing ad ons kind'a "defuses" luxury in a way.

11109007.jpg

I was unaware the Mark 8 was a 2 door vehicle.. If your gonna buy a 2 door, why not just get a Real performance vehicle like the Mustang? Maybe its just me, but having a luxury vehicle, and then making it 2 doors kinds defuses luxury in a way..

wrong place to post this. but..

1st. we didn't buy a cookie cutter mustang cuz we can have the performance with a way more sophisticated suspension and nicer interior. when the mark VIII was introduced, we had 75 hp on the mustang GT. sure the newer mustangs have more power, but so does a freaking camry.

2nd. a mustang isn't a luxury vehicle. we wanted a more luxurious ride. not a "real performance vehicle." which, depending on your version of performance, the mustang may or may not be anyway. they don't really handle that well or have that much power. its more a pony car. relatively affordable with a big engine. (gt500 and laguna seca edition excluded.)

3rd. on what grounds do you imply that a 2 door isn't luxury? (and why are 2 doors performance vehicles?) rolls royce phantom coupe. aston martin. lexus. mercedes. just google luxury 2 door. also, most lincolns in the mark series were 2 doors. some models exclusively.
Rolls-Royce-Reports-Record-Revenue.jpg

440x330-virage_side.jpg

personally, i drive one cuz i can shame mustangs and sit in the lap of luxury with a center stack pointing the radio, message center, and climate control right me, riding on 4 wheel independent suspension with auto leveling and speed sensitive, height adjusting, air ride. also they look great, and are much more rare than mustangs.
my car is lowered and i don't bottom out on speed bumps with 5 big guys in the car. :)

LSC. Luxury Sports Coupe.

btw, a fair number of these non-performance vehicles are now 13 sec cars with stock engines. a few even in the 12s. supporting mods got them there? sure they did. still with ac, power windows, leather interior, heated seats, etc as well. so whatever. :)

tldr; we wanted luxury, not "performance."

WTF happened in here?

I like the random post from left field.

I didn't buy a mustang becaise I didn't want to. I didn't buy an LS because I didn't want to own a Galant.

wrong place to post this. but..

1st. we didn't buy a cookie cutter mustang cuz we can have the performance with a way more sophisticated suspension and nicer interior. when the mark VIII was introduced, we had 75 hp on the mustang GT. sure the newer mustangs have more power, but so does a freaking camry.

2nd. a mustang isn't a luxury vehicle. we wanted a more luxurious ride. not a "real performance vehicle." which, depending on your version of performance, the mustang may or may not be anyway. they don't really handle that well or have that much power. its more a pony car. relatively affordable with a big engine. (gt500 and laguna seca edition excluded.)

3rd. on what grounds do you imply that a 2 door isn't luxury? (and why are 2 doors performance vehicles?) rolls royce phantom coupe. aston martin. lexus. mercedes. just google luxury 2 door. also, most lincolns in the mark series were 2 doors. some models exclusively.

personally, i drive one cuz i can shame mustangs and sit in the lap of luxury with a center stack pointing the radio, message center, and climate control right me, riding on 4 wheel independent suspension with auto leveling and speed sensitive, height adjusting, air ride. also they look great, and are much more rare than mustangs.
my car is lowered and i don't bottom out on speed bumps with 5 big guys in the car. :)

LSC. Luxury Sports Coupe.

btw, a fair number of these non-performance vehicles are now 13 sec cars with stock engines. a few even in the 12s. supporting mods got them there? sure they did. still with ac, power windows, leather interior, heated seats, etc as well. so whatever. :)

tldr; we wanted luxury, not "performance."

Well I can appreciate your reply. You seem to know the most over here.

I suppose if you were desperately looking for an alternative to the same generation mustang, a mark 8 aint bad per say. However if your buying a mark 8 nowadays, consider a 2002 GT. It will cost you in around the same, you can get power windows/locks/leather and a million more bolt-ons. The marks had their time, but I would say they didn't seem to hold up even a decade as the Mustang out classed them very quick.

I mean, I'm just noticing and pointing out what I see.....
Just asking questions....
Everyone else, don't be a hater ....

Your response doesn't surprise me after looking at your screen name on LVC! ZERO Common sense about cars in general can be seen by your closed minded response. Now do us all a favor & stay off the Mark VIII side.

By the way, I went into your profile... Umm, WTF dude? Maybe it's just me but if you want a fast sports car buy a Mustang. Why install; "Custom Intake, Magnaflow Cat back, Custom Tune, LSE Skirt kit, Tints." on a Lincoln LS? Maybe it's just me but having a 4dr luxury vehicle then installing ad ons kind'a "defuses" luxury in a way.

I never said I wanted a fast sports car. I wanted a fast luxury car. And ive got it =)

My ad-ons never defused luxury because luxury was not sacrificed at all.

However, If you consider it 'luxury' to have to fold a seat down every time you want to let someone in, OR if your driving and the guy in that back has to take a piss, and you pull over and have to Get out yourself to let him out, THAT defuses luxury.

And yes, theres a lot of high end vehicles that have the same setup. Those are different for several reasons.
1) They are classified as euro SPORTS and the luxury aspect is merely a money issue, for spending that much, you should get more than just performance.
2) They aren't slow Boats out of the box.
3) They don't have better alternatives for the same price.

Define, futile.

Put 900 miles on a mustang in one day, and 900 in a MarkVIII.

Tell me which one you prefer for that job.

I could go out and buy a new edge cobra today if I wanted. I Don't because they are uncomfortable.

I build MarkVIIIs because they are different, less common, and no one knows what they are.

For the record.

You are in the MarkVIII forum, how can you expect to not piss someone off by calling their hobby "futile"?

I didn't buy an LS because I didn't want to own a Galant.

The LS utilizes the second most expensive platform Ford had ever built, Under the FORD GT.
Call a spade a spade, DEW98 used on the 13 year old LS, still outclasses everything Lincolns using to-date.

Yet, you bought a vehicle that's outclassed by a Mazda 3? :rolleyes:

And no one told you to buy an LS. I asked, why a Mark 8 Over a Mustang GT?

Define, futile.

Put 900 miles on a mustang in one day, and 900 in a MarkVIII.

Tell me which one you prefer for that job.

I could go out and buy a new edge cobra today if I wanted. I Don't because they are uncomfortable.

I build MarkVIIIs because they are different, less common, and no one knows what they are.

For the record.

You are in the MarkVIII forum, how can you expect to not piss someone off by calling their hobby "futile"?

Your absolutely right, I never mean to insult. Im sorry, I will edit that.

And to answer your question: I drove a 2004 Mustang GT for 3 hours to Niagara falls, and 3 hours back. And on top of that, drove it around the whole city. Spent at least 8 hours driving that day. And the leather seats were great, drive was smooth. Very comfortable. Great car!

And if comforts your reason, yet you can afford a cobra, ever consider the MKS eco boost? Stock with no upgrades you can spank most mark 8s here, and even enjoy the smooth ride and comfort?

I just bought my mark over a mustang because i already have a 700hp mustang. Its my sixth mustang and ill never part with it, but i have always wanted a mark after my grandfather had one. Im a diehard mustang guy buy i wanted something different but i still wanted to be able to mod it like a mustang and use mustang parts .I wanted a Luxury Sport Coupe and thats just what i got.... Same reason i ride a Buell... cause its different!!!

We choose the Mark over a Mustang just like anyone will choose any other older car over Mustang. I think you are comparing apples to oranges... or more like apples to bulbs...

It's called choice. We don't buy a Mark because we think it's better or will out perform a 2002 Mustang, we buy it because WE LOVE IT! It's a passion. You have to understand it. Unlike others I will NOT bash your LS. I don't like them at all. Yet I won't go telling you that Lincoln made a HUGE mistake. It was Lincoln's attempt to compete with BMW. Ford, like all other car companies will build car's for EVERYONE's liking. When the Mark VIII was produced Ford didn't shove it down your throat. The one's who purchased it liked it just as much or more than we do.

I was unaware the Mark 8 was a 2 door vehicle.. If your gonna buy a 2 door, why not just get a Real performance vehicle like the Mustang? Maybe its just me, but having a luxury vehicle, and then making it 2 doors kinda defuses luxury in a way..

Yeah, let's just all buy Mustangs and wear the same exact underwear too. As a matter of fact, let's just share our undies. :rolleyes:

Hello conformist. Meet Mr. Hotrodlincoln (that's my youtube name):

rollin'.jpg
Does it look ok:confused:

You really have not experienced one of these cars obviously. It's a Luxury Sports Coupe. It doesn't need 4 doors. I have 2 of them that are fun to drive with the comfort and all of the amenities. I have beaten plenty of Stangs on the street in my slower one LOL. It's all proportional, but the slower fat pig of a Mark8 does pretty well after a fresh dyno tune and over 150K miles. As a matter of fact, she's even using some oil now too. :(:D

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC WOT after Dyno Tune - YouTube

My car is still 6th on the ALL MOTOR list. Chit, I don't even get a medal for my placement currently. But as you can see, it still hauls ass with all of the extra features.

Is 12s in the 1/4 mile ALL MOTOR performance enough for you:confused:, because that's what Frank just did in his Gen1 Mark VIII. I'm pretty sure he would run door to door with a brand new 5.0 Stang. We haven't even started discussing the supercharged Mark VIIIs yet. :rolleyes:

I know what I got though, and all of the rest will just say buy a Mustang because they have no imagination. :p

By the way here is the other one. This car is a beginner stage Supercharged car with low-low shift points, a safe tune with schoolgirl timing, closed up stock exhaust with Magnaflow mufflers and a stock torque converter that takes forever to build boost. I couldn't shift worth a crap in this video either because the rev limiter comes way too quick. This car is actually terribly slow for what it is right now and I haven't even started making it go fast yet and I already stomped the crap out of a brand new SS Camaro with the 6.2 Liter on the way back form Kansas. And I mean it was like literally by a city block. I wonder what will happen when I actually get it set up right with real exhaust, tuning, and torque converter. LOL

Blown 97 Mark8 - YouTube

rollin'.jpg

I didn't buy a mark viii because I wanted a high end luxury vehicle..cause let's face it they are nearly 2 decades old now and technology has deffinetly progressed since the last mark viii rolled off the assembly line, so you can't compare a mark viii with a new luxury vehicle. I like mark viii's because they are different, cheap to buy now, nobody knows what it is and I love the styling of it. Why would I buy a mustang and blend in with everything else on the road..eveyone any their brother owns one..and nothing about an LS stands out as attractive to me..looks like a kleenex box with 4 doors. My old Thunderbird got me into mark viiis, and I bought my Thunderbird for the same reason, its a mid size v8 rwd coupe that not many people know about or own..but the mark viii has 80hp more, better styling, and all the standard options that you had to specially order on a Thunderbird. I dont care about luxury really and I deffinetly don't give a sh*t about driving people around in my back seat..I love 2 door coupes, I will never own another sedan because I think they simply look bad.

Yeah, let's just all buy Mustangs and wear the same exact underwear too. As a matter of fact, let's just share our undies. :rolleyes:

Hello conformist. Meet Mr. Hotrodlincoln (that's my youtube name):

View attachment 828452473
Does it look ok:confused:

You really have not experienced one of these cars obviously. It's a Luxury Sports Coupe. It doesn't need 4 doors. I have 2 of them that are fun to drive with the comfort and all of the amenities. I have beaten plenty of Stangs on the street in my slower one LOL. It's all proportional, but the slower fat pig of a Mark8 does pretty well after a fresh dyno tune and over 150K miles. As a matter of fact, she's even using some oil now too. :(:D

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC WOT after Dyno Tune - YouTube

My car is still 6th on the ALL MOTOR list. Chit, I don't even get a medal for my placement currently. But as you can see, it still hauls ass with all of the extra features.

Is 12s in the 1/4 mile ALL MOTOR performance enough for you:confused:, because that's what Frank just did in his Gen1 Mark VIII. I'm pretty sure he would run door to door with a brand new 5.0 Stang. We haven't even started discussing the supercharged Mark VIIIs yet. :rolleyes:

I know what I got though, and all of the rest will just say buy a Mustang because they have no imagination. :p

By the way here is the other one. This car is a beginner stage Supercharged car with low-low shift points, a safe tune with schoolgirl timing, closed up stock exhaust with Magnaflow mufflers and a stock torque converter that takes forever to build boost. I couldn't shift worth a crap in this video either because the rev limiter comes way too quick. This car is actually terribly slow for what it is right now and I haven't even started making it go fast yet and I already stomped the crap out of a brand new SS Camaro with the 6.2 Liter on the way back form Kansas. And I mean it was like literally by a city block. I wonder what will happen when I actually get it set up right with real exhaust, tuning, and torque converter. LOL

Blown 97 Mark8 - YouTube

A Mark running 12's without forced induction or NOS? Lets see the time slip + the list of mods. :rolleyes:
And please don't talk about the 5.0 liter. Its stock pulling 12's without breaking a sweat :cool:

Non of what I said had to do with performance. I was implying I don't see the use of a 2 door luxury, especially a Lincoln. But hey, thats my opinion. I could Rip on your Mark for getting canned, but I drive a discontinued Lincoln just like you.

to everyone else, thanks for your answers. the best one I got was "Because we love them" And that is all one really needs to drive what they want.

Members online

Back