Chat Open......

On the 450-mile trip back from Kansas with the blown 97, I couldn't even begin to tell you how many people at the rest areas/food joints/gas stations etc. complimented my car. I even had a guy on the freeway getting off at his exit just staring at my car with the biggest grin on his face. It was hilarious! Way more attention in this car than if I was driving another one of those Mustangs. People have already seen them all. They're boring. They're still Ford though and I bleed blue, but again, just another Mustang. The guy in the Camaro stared at my car forever too when I got off on my exit. Guaranteed he was wondering what the hell just happened and had quite the story to tell when he got home. Too bad he spent $40K and I spent $11K. LOL
Lucky for him I don't have headers, stall, and I am on a safe tune. I think I would have had to squint to see him in the rear view mirror then. A city block on his car was on a mild setup. :D

A Mark running 12's without forced induction or NOS? Lets see the time slip + the list of mods. :rolleyes:
And please don't talk about the 5.0 liter. Its stock pulling 12's without breaking a sweat :cool:

Yeah, big deal. Frank has way less horsepower than a 5.0 and will still hang with one. :p

It's been the hot talk on the Mark VIII side. It happened in real life bro.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=2037237348&postcount=35

Click the link up in the upper right hand corner of that post box to see the thread in its entirety. 12.8 all motor ;)

He ran a few 12.9 passes too. Funny story bro, he hasn't even put in the Cobra cams or Cobra intake yet. :p

Oh and btw Mr KStromberg, Stock for Stock, a Second Gen LS will win against a Mark 8. A first Gen with 28 less HP and less torque, and two more doors of weight will run door to door with the fastest stock mark 8, the 98 LSC.

http://www.zeroto60times.com/Lincoln-0-60-mph-Times.html

"1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 0-60 mph 6.9 Quarter mile 15.1"
"2000 Lincoln LS V8 0-60 mph 7.3 Quarter mile 15.5"
"2003 Lincoln LS V8 0-60 mph 6.7 Quarter mile 14.8"

Anyone can blow a motor on any car and pull high 12s. Not hard.

Oh and btw Mr KStromberg, Stock for Stock, a Second Gen LS will win against a Mark 8. A first Gen with 28 less HP and less torque, and two more doors of weight will run door to door with the fastest stock mark 8, the 98 LSC.

Whats you last time slip say you run without NOS? Please post it.

You're right. A Gen2 LS will run pretty close if not beat a bone stock 98 LSC.

This is my timeslip from last year. All motor on a chitty mail order tune, full weight at 4040# with just bolt-ons. The car had over 140K miles when I ran this time and this was also before the dyno tune where I made even more power with A/F ratios that are still fat and shifting at around 7k rpms. When I ran this time, I had none of that. So here is my timeslip when my car was slower than it is now with a horsechit launch out of the hole, and failing airride suspension:

13.591.jpg

Remember, there is 5 guys ahead of me all motor that are even quicker. No NOS, no turbo, no blower. All motor.

13.591.jpg

Gen1 VIIIs were faster than Gen2s from everything I've seen.

I always looked at it as

Gen1 VIII vs. Gen2 LS good race
Gen1 LS vs. Gen 2 VIII good race

Mix it and you have clear winners, stock to stock

I will add if you don't have both how can you compare. I do and they are very apples to oranges.

Sorry, but I have to call this one out hardcore. :rolleyes:

However if your buying a mark 8 nowadays, consider a 2002 GT. It will cost you in around the same, you can get power windows/locks/leather and a million more bolt-ons.

WRONG. You can put all million bolt-ons on a Mark VIII as you can with a 2002 GT and still have the classier car.

We can do:

Cams
Headers
Stall Converter
Gears
Headers
Cobra Intake
Throttle Body
Aftermarket driveshafts
Transmission Mods
Suspension mods (yep, that includes Cobra Bilstein shocks)
Superchargers (guys have gone intercooled and meth injected)
Moroso axles
ADDCO bigger sway bars
Cobra brake setup
Cobra crankshaft
Forged (Diamond pistons & H-beam rods just as one example)

I can't even think of everything dude. LOL And don't forget, the Teksid block in our cars can handle over 1000hp.

Now let's compare with the LS platform. What mods can you do? Let's just make it easy and name what bolt-ons you can put on your car and make it run 13s, or even door to door with a 2002 GT for that matter. :)

What mods can you do? Let's just make it easy and name what bolt-ons you can put on your car and make it run 13s, or even door to door with a 2002 GT for that matter. :)

Very hard to do. 14.284 was my best in my 02. No one else has come close in a Gen1 LS and only one Gen 2 has beat it N/A...by a few hundredths.

I have been off LvC awhile so I could be wrong.

Someone would be silly to argue that.

Gotto give props to people that mod a out of box platform.

If you build a mustang fast, chances are someone has the exact setup as you if not thousands. Unless your porting your own stuff and fabbing your own pieces.

Thats the whole thing...a person that builds a fast VIII is by far the first or closer to than a mustanger.

To be clear I like mustangs

Anyone can blow a motor on any car and pull high 12s. Not hard.

Dude, you're like a Dodger fan trolling in the Giants forum. Go back to the place you prefer PLEASE! :mad:

To be clear I like mustangs

Oh me too! LOL I actually was entertaining the idea of getting an 02 GT with 40K miles back a few years ago for a steal of a price but my tall lanky ass couldn't fit in it. I tried, and I may have been that conformist but it was not my destiny.:cool: Then I turned around and looked at my Mark VIII and said, " I'm not going to abandon you. Let's make things happen my pretty." :D I was that 15-second Mark VIII then. Slower than molasses in January but the first car I have ever owned that I truly enjoyed driving. ( I've been driving RWD V8s cars since I was 16) That takes me out of the newer generation of folks that want an economy FWD car or some small-bodied V8 car, unless it's a Pinto with a big block! :D (I'm not THAT old, but could perhaps be persuaded) :p

Mustangs have their place but I'm not going to abandon the cars that I like that perform well and give me the luxury options and ride. Both of my Gen2s look like a very modern car and fit in well with rush hour traffic. ;) Like I said, I tried a few years back, but it was a no-go and that was probably my only chance. I mean really, I have only gone on Mustang forums to get miscellaneous parts. For that, I am thankful. :D

Also, you'd be surprised at the attention that people give you at the track in one of these cars. I had a guy pop on my youtube channel and tell me that it was nice seeing me run and it was probably the fastest Mark VIII he has ever seen. Little does he know how slow my car is up against many others here, but my point is people really don't know these cars at all. He may perhaps be just as uneducated as the LS guy on here is that thinks these cars literally have no chance in the performance world. Oh, they do. And they look real good doing it too. :)

Honestly though, I loved the hell out of my silver 98 when it was bone stock and I just love it even a little more now with some extra scoot. :) The other big pig, well that just might get a little nasty. :D

When I totalled my first 96VIII in 02 I test drove a 01 Bullitt. Liked it but no truck space as needed for the job at the time.

When I totalled my first 96VIII in 02 I test drove a 01 Bullitt. Liked it but no truck space as needed for the job at the time.

Gosh, with the metabolism of a hummingbird you should see me trying to fit all of my groceries in the Mark VIIIs. It's horrible. Every time I go shopping I tell myself either I need a bigger trunk or I need to eat less. I have yet to do either. LOL

Funny when I got the TC back together it was literally a grocery getter. Me and the wife would use it every time we shopped, huge trunk. I divorced her so any trunk works now, VIII, LS, front seat of the truck.

my 93 ran my mom's 00 LS.
from a dig with my 4.10s, no contest. from a roll, i could edge it out.
faster than i expected though.

my 93 ran my mom's 00 LS.
from a dig with my 4.10s, no contest. from a roll, i could edge it out.
faster than i expected though.

Its the trans. The VIII feels stronger but the LS ratchets through the gears quickly. With my 4.10s in the LS I'm in 4th at the 1/8th mile mark roughly. Its like a manual without having to use a clutch or shift.

Its the trans. The VIII feels stronger but the LS ratchets through the gears quickly. With my 4.10s in the LS I'm in 4th at the 1/8th mile mark roughly. Its like a manual without having to use a clutch or shift.

Ahh. See that's why you got a little bit of scoot. I know you had to think outside of the box to make that gear swap possible.;) Now the question is, can you run a stall converter too? That would make you the fastest all motor LS for sure. :D

Ahh. See that's why you got a little bit of scoot. I know you had to think outside of the box to make that gear swap possible.;) Now the question is, can you run a stall converter too? That would make you the fastest all motor LS for sure. :D

Yes several have stalled. As a matter a fact the Gen 2 LS that just barely beat my time was stalled.

Thing is I ran 14.368 with stock 331 gears and just the basic three mods.

While my average times and speeds were up I was only able to get down to the best of 14.284 with the 4.10s

Basically traction became harder to come by on stock issue tires so "good' passes became fewer and I never got the perfect launch down with the 4.10s like the stock gearing. Its seemed to need to come out as hard as possible and the tires were inconsistent. With the stock gearing I had a brake held just over idle foot drop that worked killer. I never picked up from there with it meaning drag radials. The few times I did stick was after heating the tires alot which I never had to do with stock gearing.

Anyways a stall would definately need drag radials to say the least.

That all said the LS sits way better on it rear tires than any rwd car Ive had so anyone that says there LS has traction issues is just stupid to a real rwd car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back