Delrin HID Adapters

Take a housing inside Home Depot and test fit while inside the store. The holes are brittle because of their age and they will crack at the hole if the screw is too big.

Did that myself. Cracked em good. Found a small tap and 6 small allen head screws and drilled/tapped the housings. It was very tedious.... and there was jb weld involved :( lol

Did that myself. Cracked em good. Found a small tap and 6 small allen head screws and drilled/tapped the housings. It was very tedious.... and there was jb weld involved :( lol

Yeah, I have one hole that could use some JB Weld but I didn't keep using that same screw size. I finally rounded up the 6 I needed and I have everything in order now except for the kit I want. I would have already had it but family members have been needing to borrow money and I can't do both. I want that 2012 kit and I will get it. The true Phillips bulbs in the 6000K have a red burner core, unlike the three other kits I have from China/Japan or where ever they came from. The 4200K burner cores are clear. Phillips only makes 4200K and 6000K. If they are listed in 4300K or 5000K, 10,000K, they're fake. Below is a pic of the 6000K red core.

TruePhillipsBulb.jpg

Jesse, I'm not really sure lol. It could be Phillips TM to show they are true bulbs from Germany. I might just get the bulbs only and not worry about the ballasts. I don't think there is anything special about them. The price has went through the roof on that kit since 2 days ago and the shipping too. I can get the bulbs only for $64 + $12 shipping. This is all it says about the bulbs that come with the kit. I'm going to Google this red burner core deal and see what is supposed to be special about it.

ULTINON (red burner tech core), Unique to Phillips ONLY!

2 x philips german made xenon globes (6000k red burner core or 4200k clear burner

got them today, but there's play in the bulb when installed.

Fixed shimmed it with a rubber washer:D

+1 for a great product, from the pictures these looked like machined metal(to me because of the shine from the flash on the plastic) I was highly surprised in the quality. Great work Doug!

got them today, but there's play in the bulb when installed.

Fixed shimmed it with a rubber washer:D

+1 for a great product, from the pictures these looked like machined metal(to me because of the shine from the flash on the plastic) I was highly surprised in the quality. Great work Doug!

I'd like to see a picture of your install, something doesn't sound right.

This is what a Gen 1 install should look like.

HPIM4766.jpg

I'd like to see a picture of your install, something doesn't sound right.

This is what a Gen 1 install should look like.

I have a 9005 bulb and the adapter holds it in but i can wiggle the bulb side to side, found a gasket for a trunk lock cylinder in my junk drawer and slipped it in and they fit very snug now. So I dont think i can send you a picture of the wiggle.

I'm on the hunt for new screws now i put the old ones in for test fit but they are rusted and rounded out.

I have a 9005 bulb and the adapter holds it in but i can wiggle the bulb side to side, found a gasket for a trunk lock cylinder in my junk drawer and slipped it in and they fit very snug now. So I dont think i can send you a picture of the wiggle.

I'm on the hunt for new screws now i put the old ones in for test fit but they are rusted and rounded out.

The reason I recommend 9006 bulbs is that they fit in the hole better as they are slightly larger in diameter.

However, I have used 9005 bulbs and once the adapters are tightened, the bulb cannot move around, something's not right.

How about a picture from the top showing the clearance between the installed adapter and the housing? It should be around 1/16".

The reason I recommend 9006 bulbs is that they fit in the hole better as they are slightly larger in diameter.

However, I have used 9005 bulbs and once the adapters are tightened, the bulb cannot move around, something's not right.

How about a picture from the top showing the clearance between the installed adapter and the housing? It should be around 1/16".

Ok when I find some new screws and get it all tightened down ill post some picks if it still wiggles with new screws. Maybe my bulbs need some new o rings

Just ordered a set. Thanks in advance. the PM is basically the same question others have asked about the screw replacement for 96 hid setup :) so meh. ill figure out one way or another. but i know these are gonna be better then the idiot who just used rtv and sealed im the hole.

Thanks again. This product works amazingly well. I had no issues with installing them on my gen one. i used the rubber peice everyone else was talking about. makes almost a perfect seal as well. Couldnt be happier.

Thanks again. This product works amazingly well. I had no issues with installing them on my gen one. i used the rubber peice everyone else was talking about. makes almost a perfect seal as well. Couldnt be happier.

I'm glad that you're pleased with your results. :)

Here's a little pictorial on installing aftermarket HID bulbs in Gen 2 housings, using my adapters.

1. Aftermarket HID bulb, as received.
2. Cut the two wires of the power lead near the bulb socket and pull the wires out of the rubber grommet. You will need the longer portion later to make a wiring harness to power the new ballasts.
3. Pulling the wires from the grommet leaves two small holes.
4. Plug the two holes with silicone sealant.
5. Push the grommet and wires through the adapter as shown.
6. Ready to install.
7. Install the bulb and adapter on the housing.
8. & 9. Trim the two tabs on the cover flush with a box knife.
10. Install the cover.
11. Secure the grommet onto the cover. Gently pull the two bulb wires to take up any slack under the cover. Done!

Click HERE to Buy Now.

HPIM5165.jpg

HPIM5166.jpg

HPIM5167.jpg

HPIM5168.jpg

HPIM5170.jpg

HPIM5171.jpg

HPIM5172.jpg

HPIM3416.jpg

HPIM3417.jpg

HPIM5173.jpg

HPIM5175.jpg

Just bought my second set of these for the latest GenII.

Wish I wasn't so lazy before I got laid off and made a set of my own :(

New lower price!

I'm now shipping via USPS First Class Package instead of Priority Flat Rate.

$52 shipped (lower 48)

Click HERE to Buy Now.

Members online

Back