What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Repaired my Trunk Lock Cover Today

Had some problem and ended up doing it another way but, I'm happy with the results.

B1844.jpg

B1845.jpg

+1 HOLY CRAP, Glad to hear your OK.

+2, I didn't know what happened was this bad. Looks like you were less than 2 feet away from being in a death trap. Glad you're ok and sorry to see this happened. I know how it feels to lose your pride and joy all within a few seconds but you made it out alive just so you can start over again and you have access to some good parts and already have good parts. I say start over again. I didn't let the fire bring me down. I flew to Florida and bought another one within days and started completely over again. I just can't believe how close that was right behind your seat.... :eek:

thanks for all the support. its a much needed emotional lift i get none from family. the transmission is entirely new and warrantied, assuming its not cracked, the motor i just paid 600 for what i really need is someone around my area or knows someone in my area thats trustworthy to take it from where i have it to them a nd strip the parts. they will be rewarded. i fell in love with a car i would never thought i would, cant explain it, thats how love works. they are such a pain in the ass, but comfortable for the driver and most important passenger, the last of a died off breed somebody throw me a bone here. im in a wheelchair a nd did my suspension, plugs, helped with my headers im not afraid to get under there and turn wrenches or take donations to try to get another one, begging you guys, band together ill take anything, advice, $, bashing, parts, offers show some love for an old broken brother, and me. just ask rich amd geno im just another fellow american whos down on his luck

thanks for all the support. its a much needed emotional lift i get none from family. the transmission is entirely new and warrantied, assuming its not cracked, the motor i just paid 600 for what i really need is someone around my area or knows someone in my area thats trustworthy to take it from where i have it to them a nd strip the parts. they will be rewarded. i fell in love with a car i would never thought i would, cant explain it, thats how love works. they are such a pain in the ass, but comfortable for the driver and most important passenger, the last of a died off breed somebody throw me a bone here. im in a wheelchair a nd did my suspension, plugs, helped with my headers im not afraid to get under there and turn wrenches or take donations to try to get another one, begging you guys, band together ill take anything, advice, $, bashing, parts, offers show some love for an old broken brother, and me. just ask rich amd geno im just another fellow american whos down on his luck

+3! Glad you're ok! Wow, that's definitely a bad wreck! Like NoLimit95 said, you can always rebuild the car, you - not-so-much!

Wow. That's....insane.

Glad you made it out. if the headers are in there those alone are worth buyback

I retracted what I said. Thats alot worse then I was expecting :eek: Glad you got out of it ok.

As for the car......That imho isn't worth saving for anything. The buyback would prob run you 500+ and it doesn't appear much is salvagable to make it worth the effort to part it.

car is already in my posession, they stole my stereo, and my brand new all black air jordans i got in boston before flying home and my handicapped hangar(from mirror). this time i got'em clean. its all on the police inventory list of in car items. state police records and had them on the line with me when they lied and said they werent in the car for once ill finally get some real revenge against the biggest crooks in the biz, the tow co. not sayimng they all are but several people i know and myself have dealt with them before. wreck was at 2:30 had my godfather getting car by 3. the yard was ;less than 2 miles from wreck charged 250 for retreival + 130 storage , was like what storage it wasnt even there yet and wanted it brought to his lot not their yard and it wasnt even 4 yet they said after 5 another 130 storage fee would be applied! the only good thing top come of it was trooper walker actually hated this co.anyways and made sure thet coughed it up for the base fee which was still too high but that he couldnt fix. but they've been waiting for a case against these guys for a while that was open and closed so at least ill get the last laugh here.

car is already in my posession, they stole my stereo, and my brand new all black air jordans i got in boston before flying home and my handicapped hangar(from mirror). this time i got'em clean. its all on the police inventory list of in car items. state police records and had them on the line with me when they lied and said they werent in the car for once ill finally get some real revenge against the biggest crooks in the biz, the tow co. not sayimng they all are but several people i know and myself have dealt with them before. wreck was at 2:30 had my godfather getting car by 3. the yard was ;less than 2 miles from wreck charged 250 for retreival + 130 storage , was like what storage it wasnt even there yet and wanted it brought to his lot not their yard and it wasnt even 4 yet they said after 5 another 130 storage fee would be applied! the only good thing top come of it was trooper walker actually hated this co.anyways and made sure thet coughed it up for the base fee which was still too high but that he couldnt fix. but they've been waiting for a case against these guys for a while that was open and closed so at least ill get the last laugh here.

I had a similar issue years ago when I wrecked my CRX. Of course the stereo was worth more than the car so I didn't trust tow yard impound when I totaled it on Rt18 and the State Trooper didn't want my Tow Co to pick it up since it was blocking a major roadway.

So towed in at 10:30 at night, I picked it up 9:30am next morn and they hit me up for 2 days storage :mad:

This is exactly why i'd take out my equipment and valuables as soon as I possibly could. I know you weren't able to but just saying. Can't trust those pieces of sh!t.

i still cant believe they stole my damn sneakers WTF

The business is responsible. They did it, told someone what was in it or just a random person that prays on damaged vehicles in the lot after hours due too improper security. One way or another that place has to reimburse you.

If that ever happened to mine I would make sure it cost them three, four maybe five times more then what was stolen from me.

Wow.... ouch man.
Glad your ok.
Cars can be replaced, people cant.

I hurt looking at that...jesus...

took my baby to stlouis

took my baby to stlouis over the 4th --- 240 miles r/t - and the wife went too!
man o man what a ride --- the 94 just turned over 56,000
got 2 door dings at cracker barrel that morning -- broke my heart man i was ragged. i would of kicked a nun. one place was to the metal -- got the ole touch up out and touched it up before it could rust [SOB]:mad:

574868_238380126268483_237846336321862_348906_1599431847_n.jpg

nothing. hasn't moved in a week. been driving a 92 SHO and an 00 LS. interesting cars, but not the same. been so hot i can't work on tracing down its current random shutdown problem.

Busted out the drill and polished my headlights and tail lights/neon. Headlights prob look better then ever, it was my first time doing the rear and they too turned out fantastic. Felt kinda wierd polishing tail lights though :shifty:

I probably lost 3lbs of water wieght doing it @ 7pm, it still really f'n hot out.

2maro it's waxing time. :(

Busted out the drill and polished my headlights and tail lights/neon. Headlights prob look better then ever, it was my first time doing the rear and they too turned out fantastic. Felt kinda wierd polishing tail lights though :shifty:

Those tails got to look good for those that are losing the race.

took my baby to stlouis over the 4th --- 240 miles r/t - and the wife went too!
man o man what a ride --- the 94 just turned over 56,000
got 2 door dings at cracker barrel that morning -- broke my heart man i was ragged. i would of kicked a nun. one place was to the metal -- got the ole touch up out and touched it up before it could rust [SOB]:mad:

Bummer, I've gotten a couple of new ones over the last month too. Nothing that broke through the paint, thankfully. Now, I ran over a nasty pothole on the highway that I knew wasn't there a few days ago. Took me by surprise and felt my teeth rattle. Not cool.

i guess you have to right click on the little image thing at the end of the sentence and open the image in a new tab to see it. oh ya plus i wanted to list the new jet performance low temp thermostat, and new motorcraft water pump, next is the alternator cause it is slowly going out on me.

Members online

No members online now.
Back