What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Actually Alpine just came out with a new Double Din that connects to a Cell through BT. So it plays the Google Maps GPS on the units screen or Pandora too. Would have grabbed that if I didn't just buy that C1500 and get screwed on a EJ22 that is an open deck yesterday :mad:

didn't do anything to it today, but apparently the water pump takes a sh*t 1 week after the alternator....so the hunt is on for a water pump....dam! :(

She's lookin' good wrx. :)

Since I screwed up my old plastic dd mount kit last weekend :Bang, I installed the new one I got this week. Meh $10 mistake.

Umm, started round 2 quiteing down some interior noises. That turned out well. Hopefully there won't be a round 3.

Cleaned her inside n out and did a couple touch-ups.

Changed oil/filter in the Mark last Thursday. Drove it to Winston-Salem with the wife and kids to my daughter's National American Miss North Carolina Princess pageant this weekend. It did good on the long drive in 100+ degree heat with the a/c on full blast. It got 22mpg on the highway and didn't even cough:) Filled up with premium in Winston for $3.38/gal. Got to go swimming at the hotel Friday. That was nice. Had a full day of pageant festivities Saturday and didn't get home until around 1930hrs. Long day. But fun.

So what you're saying is that your mechanic has the ability to fix cars, like you have the ability to make words

ability to make words so your saying my language is not to your liking?im referring to a mechanic here who claims his guys know what their doing yet i get the car back with a broken wiper and a broken clock spring i have not yet mentioned his name but im getting tired of the car came here that way and no offer to help fix it

ability to make words so your saying my language is not to your liking?im referring to a mechanic here who claims his guys know what their doing yet i get the car back with a broken wiper and a broken clock spring i have not yet mentioned his name but im getting tired of the car came here that way and no offer to help fix it

Don't pay Sapper no mind lol. He just likes pickin at folks but he means nothing by it. :p Anyway, what did you take your car in for that would result in a broken wiper and clock spring?

replaced water pump last night, did nothing today besides checking it out (and fixing the vent) to make sure it's all good. everything works good and quite now! The only thing I haven't replaced yet is the starter! sshhhh! Don't say a word! 18 years and 193K on the clock, maybe it will last a while longer!!

replaced water pump last night, did nothing today besides checking it out (and fixing the vent) to make sure it's all good. everything works good and quite now! The only thing I haven't replaced yet is the starter! sshhhh! Don't say a word! 18 years and 193K on the clock, maybe it will last a while longer!!

"Click click click"...huh? what?

Installed my freebie sct chipped w3z3 and made sure the car still started. That's about it.

not surprised?what am i? yhe lvc ass? rear brakes locked up on an off ramp doing 45 spun around hit tree knocked it down
IMG_7872.jpg

IMG_9438.jpg

PART_1341340955846.jpg

so do i leave, finished, or part it out along with what i have here

not surprised?what am i? yhe lvc ass? rear brakes locked up on an off ramp doing 45 spun around hit tree knocked it down
IMG_7872.jpg

IMG_9438.jpg

PART_1341340955846.jpg

so do i leave, finished, or part it out along with what i have here

Holy Crap Man are you ok like he said before me :confused:

That is serious :eek:

Don't pay Sapper no mind lol. He just likes pickin at folks but he means nothing by it. :p Anyway, what did you take your car in for that would result in a broken wiper and clock spring?

brought it in just to see what a dealer mech would say.he said maf sensor. replaced it, nothing, but just checking i pulled the plug off the tps sensor and the connectors were not even. steaightened them out and it actually ran alittle better to 2500 rpm before missing. i was on my way to buy a new sensor when the rear locked up on me dont know how or why but the rest is two posts down. now do i give up or by another and use the parts i have or part what i have out and sell the new stuff? i like the forum board found some good people, alot of liars, i like to give thanks to those who gave good info, mike 94m5, chris, rich my great 8, right on the mark, laser, sapperfire and his sarcasm, sbcaprice, kirk i love the car but the last to attempts brought me to insanity that couldnt be fixed, i just dont know. ive still got a brand new tracloc and 4,10 in box, shaker and mach 1 intake. and comp cams sitting in front of me. i could just take off the exhaust and coil overs to save and go from there. all i need are the heads which i can get from an avaitor for about 300-350 pair + valve job and im there. or just sell it all and get something "different"

Cheese and Crackers man, glad you're ok. Why did they lock up? Something to do with the handicap controls by chance? You were extremely lucky, in case you didn't know already. Wow:eek:

brought it in just to see what a dealer mech would say.he said maf sensor. replaced it, nothing, but just checking i pulled the plug off the tps sensor and the connectors were not even. steaightened them out and it actually ran alittle better to 2500 rpm before missing. i was on my way to buy a new sensor when the rear locked up on me dont know how or why but the rest is two posts down. now do i give up or by another and use the parts i have or part what i have out and sell the new stuff? i like the forum board found some good people, alot of liars, i like to give thanks to those who gave good info, mike 94m5, chris, rich my great 8, right on the mark, laser, sapperfire and his sarcasm, sbcaprice, kirk i love the car but the last to attempts brought me to insanity that couldnt be fixed, i just dont know. ive still got a brand new tracloc and 4,10 in box, shaker and mach 1 intake. and comp cams sitting in front of me. i could just take off the exhaust and coil overs to save and go from there. all i need are the heads which i can get from an avaitor for about 300-350 pair + valve job and im there. or just sell it all and get something "different"

I retracted what I said. Thats alot worse then I was expecting :eek: Glad you got out of it ok.

As for the car......That imho isn't worth saving for anything. The buyback would prob run you 500+ and it doesn't appear much is salvagable to make it worth the effort to part it.

holy crap. what a hit. that thing is toast. it's caused you enough trouble as it is. time to move on.

First things first, glad your ok and nobody was hurt or hurt seriously.

I know this Mark is toast but you seem to have an extreme attachment to them. Maybe, if you can, get something as your daily driver and find another Mark to put all you stuff in and make it your fun car. It is so much easier when you are not relying on the car you beat on to get you around every day. Things break when you are hard on them all day everyday. Just ask Sapper...LOL!!!

Members online

Back