Submitted by: Quik LS
Replacing the COPs (coil-on-plug) is an all to common occurrence on early model Lincoln LS. the Valve covers tended to leak oil into the spark plug area, shorting the COPs.
Silicone Brake Caliper Grease and Dielectric Compound
Removal and Installation
Right side ignition coils
1. Remove the air cleaner outlet tube.
Left side ignition coils
2. Remove the evaporative emission canister purge valve cover.
3. Remove the evaporative emission canister purge valve bracket nuts and position aside.
Left and right side ignition coils
4. NOTE: Left side shown, right side similar.
Remove the bolts and the ignition coil cover.
5. Disconnect the electrical connector from each ignition coil.
6. Remove the ignition coils.
1. Remove the bolts.
2. Remove the ignition coils.
7. NOTE: Apply silicone brake caliper grease and dielectric compound to the inside of ignition coil boots.
To install, just reverse the removal procedure