Articles by Quik LS

Quik LS
4 min read
Views
By: Quik LS Excerpts from Taurus Club of America I purchased : - 12,000mcd RED LEDs off e-bay (100 LEDs for $18) - 560ohm resisters from Radioshack I then - soldered 9 LEDs in parallel into a V and attached a resistor to one leg - covered them in glue to keep it water tight - pulled the...
Quik LS
1 min read
Views
Comments
By LVC Member Quik LS I finally installed my A-Pillar and gauges last weekend. I installed AutoMeter C2 Fuel Pressure and Air/Ratio gauges - can't have my NOS Pressure gauge or I do not pass tech inspection for my ESP class. Here's some pics: I tapped the fuel line between the...
Quik LS
3 min read
Views
By LVC Member Quik LS I installed the StopTech Stainless Steel Brake Lines today. As you know, I autocross twice a month - my LS is a crowd pleaser.... but could use very little bit of help turning. I have upgraded my brakes with - slotted/drilled rotors, Porterfield Racing Pads...
Quik LS
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
By: QuickLS I added some brake ducts to my LS - intakes from the lower front grill - through tubing - into the wheel spindles. This should help cool your brake rotors for better braking performance. Here's what I used: Black NASCAR Race Car NACA vents - I found these on eBay First -...
Quik LS
1 min read
Views
Submitted by: Quik LS Replacing the COPs (coil-on-plug) is an all to common occurrence on early model Lincoln LS. the Valve covers tended to leak oil into the spark plug area, shorting the COPs. The V8 is easy to do but requires working in a tight space, while the V6 is a little more...
Quik LS
2 min read
Views
Submitted by: Quik LS Replacing spark plugs on the V8 is easy to do but requires working in a tight space, while the V6 is a little more involved as it requires the removal of the intake. While you have access to this area, examine the coils to ensure they do not need to be replaced at the...
Quik LS
2 min read
Views
Submitted by: Quik LS Replacing spark plugs on the V8 is easy to do but requires working in a tight space, while the V6 is a little more involved as it requires the removal of the intake (which is listed in a separate tech article). While you have access to this area, examine the coils to...
Quik LS
3 min read
Views
Submitted by: Quik LS A little more involved, removing the V8 intake requires draining the cooling system and removing the Air Cleaner Outlet Tube - both are described in other tech articles. REMOVAL 1. Disconnect the battery ground cable. 2. Remove the air cleaner outlet tube. CAUTION...
Quik LS
Updated
1 min read
Views
Submitted by: Quik LS Replacing the COPs (coil-on-plug) is an all to common occurrence on early model Lincoln LS. the Valve covers tended to leak oil into the spark plug area, shorting the COPs. Materials: Silicone Brake Caliper Grease and Dielectric Compound D7AZ-19A331-A Removal and...
Quik LS
2 min read
Views
Submitted by: Quik LS You must remove the V6 intake when changing spark plugs, replacing coils or replacing the PCV valve. Intake Manifold -Upper Removal 1. Disconnect the battery ground cable. 2. Drain the engine cooling system. 3. Remove the engine appearance cover...
Quik LS
1 min read
Views
Submitted by: Quik LS Replacing the COPs (coil-on-plug) is an all to common occurrence on early model Lincoln LS. the Valve covers tended to leak oil into the spark plug area, shorting the COPs. The V8 is easy to do but requires working in a tight space, while the V6 is a little more involved...
Quik LS
3 min read
Views
Comments
Submitted by: Quik LS Visit the Lincoln LS Forum for more help. Take special care when refilling, as any air left in the system may cause a hot spot and damage the engine. You must bleed the system properly before driving normally. Lincoln LS Cooling System Draining, Filling and Bleeding...
Quik LS
1 min read
Views
Submitted by: Quik LS Removing the V8 Lincoln LS Air Cleaner Outlet pipe is one of the most common things you will have to do. Most do it for to upgrade to a Cold Air Induction kit or for access the accessory belt, intake manifold, coils or spark plugs. This article is for the V8 Lincoln LS...
Quik LS
1 min read
Views
Submitted by: Quik LS Removing the Air Cleaner Outlet pipe is one of the most common things you will have to do. Most do it for to upgrade to a Cold Air Induction kit or for access the accessory belt, intake manifold, coils or spark plugs. Air Cleaner Outlet Pipe -3.0L Removal 1...
Quik LS
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
Article written by: QuikLS Well – I’ve wanted to do this for a while – and finally found a write-up by an M3 performance group that helped me get all the pieces together. Here’s what you’ll need: Part Number 32-34-7-833-040 – Assy ‘SMG’ Switch Set CLP Part Number32-34-7-891-004 –...
Back