Yes im a wuss, who wants to do my J-mod?

I could get under that car and pull the pan, pull the valve body, take it apart, drill the holed, remove the burr, put on the two new gaskets, get it all back together in less than 45 minutes, maybe even 30. It's just that simple and if you don't want the extra hard 2nd gear, leave the bottom 1-2 spring in. I took mine out because it was part of the instructions, just like I sent you and I loved it. I just like feeling my gears when they change.

I could've quite possibly written this, did you steal my thoughts NoLimit?

Lol

Not that hard Bill, after you've done the first one, it's a breeze. Just make sure you're sober so you don't cross reference incorrectly and get the holes drilled wrong.

I could get under that car and pull the pan, pull the valve body, take it apart, drill the holed, remove the burr, put on the two new gaskets, get it all back together in less than 45 minutes, maybe even 30. It's just that simple and if you don't want the extra hard 2nd gear, leave the bottom 1-2 spring in. I took mine out because it was part of the instructions, just like I sent you and I loved it. I just like feeling my gears when they change.

Jeez, are you busy? I'm only 2 hours away. Seriously.

There is a guy on TCCO that I was talkin to last yr when I was goin to do the J Mod on a 02 Mustang trans and put in my Gen1 his name Is Thomas if I sent him my plate and gaskets he was goin to charge under $50 plus shipping to re drill

Get the gaskets and bring it on. You would be backing out of the driveway and putting it in drive within an hour and when 2nd gear hits, you'll smile from ear to ear.

Just got back from the dealership, that was a mad rush, they closed @2, I got there @ 1:55!
I got gaskets #7D100 & 7C155
Correct trans filter
And a new ford pan gasket.
BTW, it's a 98.
I had this done on my 95, but it was during a rebuild so I don't have first-hand experience doing it. Are you busy tomorrow?

How much did all that run? You remember to get fluid? :p

Its not that bad of a Job, Just Make sure you Have a really Clean Area to work on the Valve Body at, I Drained the Torque Converter and Replace the Tranny Cooler with a Better one , left that Spring out for a Harder Shift Also.. the Worst part about the Job was Taking the Pan off and Dropping the Valve Body, with the Car only a Foot off the Ground Fluid all over the Place.. But it was Worth it in the End.. Good Luck Bro..

Nope and have too many other things in the fire right now to tackle it.

Nope and have too many other things in the fire right now to tackle it.

I talked to Jeff last week, mentioned this to him
he said NO problem, but he cant do it "this weekend"...when he does your other stuff.

just a heads up, dont fret/worry yourself.
Jeff WILL do it.

I talked to Jeff last week, mentioned this to him
he said NO problem, but he cant do it "this weekend"...when he does your other stuff.

just a heads up, dont fret/worry yourself.
Jeff WILL do it.

Jeff for the win....win win win FTMFW :D

Yup, Jeff kicks ass. :D

IDK, I may try to tackle it myself. My friend wants to do it to his too so who knows. I have to call Maxx and get some parts prices.
My buddies Mark is a 93 so he needs the solinoids too.

I'm gonna try to do it this weekend if the weather allows. I'll put up some pics when I do it. Looks like the 98's are the most simple ones to do.

Wait so the price just went up to luch + beer + kicking you in the nuts? This deal is getting more and more enticing by the minute... :D

Members online

Back