Yes im a wuss, who wants to do my J-mod?

LaserSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I just know I will screw it up. The trans scares me. :(

Seriously though, I called local trans shops and nobody wants to do it so who here wants to do it for me? Ill drive down or pay for your gas if you want to come up. I have full tools with anything you would need. Lunch and beer on me and if you do safety meetings then I will make you very safe. :D

I need a trans fluid change and filter change so I figure nows the best time.
I will be working on the car overhauling the front end this weekend so it will be in the air already. :D

Also you can have whatever parts you may need from the 97. Still have most of the dash, climate controlls, information center and controlls, spare tire and jack, center console..... pumpkin..... thats about all thats left. :lol:

If all you want to do is the trans fluid and filter, be confident, you can do it yourself. There's really not much to screw up.

Be prepared to get dirty.

And be careful when removing and re-torquing the bolts holding the pan on. It's a massive PITA if you strip those holes, or if the first owner stripped them. If that happens, just get some heli-coils.

I have no problem doing the fluid/filter change. I have done it many many times before. I have learned though that its only $15-$20 more to have a shop do it and thats worth it to not have to deal with the mess.

The J-mod is what I am unwilling to do myself and figure if I could get help doing it then I would wait and do the fluid/filter change at the same time since it needs to be opened up for that mod anyway.

Dude, I am the same way. There is a guy on tccoa that sells j-mod kits that come with everything you need for $120. That includes a new valve body drilled to your specs. Mine is on the way. He has a real good rep for these.
Want his email?

Dude, I am the same way. There is a guy on tccoa that sells j-mod kits that come with everything you need for $120. That includes a new valve body drilled to your specs. Mine is on the way. He has a real good rep for these.
Want his email?

Yes, please PM me. :)

Want his email?
Have Todd toss it in while its on the lift.
See what he will nick you for it.

I have always wondered what a Lentech VB Would do in a Mark VIII. I had a strip terminator with brake in my Mustang and loved it.

120.. wow, dude if you can wait four months I will just give you my J mod. Hell you can just have the whole trans if you want it.

Want his email?

Would that be user RobertP?

I got my stuff from him. You don't get a valve body, you get a separator plate drilled to whatever power level you want, plus some other stuff.

I have the 300-450 setting and it's too harsh, IMO.

Yeah that's him. Typed a little fast, and meant the plate. I would rather pay $120 and have everything ready to go, then to screw around with it on my own and potentially mess something up...cheap insurance.

I got the 300-450 setting too. Similar to what was on my bird, and didn't bother me at all.

Was a long while ago, but if I recall, you get:

- pre-drilled plate and 2 paper gaskets.

- 1-2 and 2-3 new style accumulator pistons.

- 1 Fram? filter with extended pick up that must be used with the deeper pan.

- Only one spring. (I think it's the blue one?)

Laser, PM me your email address please. I'm going to send you something. If you can't J-Mod that trans yourself, I'm coming to Texas and kicking you dead square in the nutz as hard as I can. :p

Laser, PM me your email address please. I'm going to send you something. If you can't J-Mod that trans yourself, I'm coming to Texas and kicking you dead square in the nutz as hard as I can. :p

Thats fine as long as you do the mod while I am on the ground in pain. :D

dont buy from the guy on tccoa. I bought mine from him then soon realized its like $60 worth of parts for $120. If you cant follow a simple diagram with elaborate directions then go ahead and waste ur money, like i did.

Like I said, the 1-2 was too hard still for my taste in a DD (although mine isnt). If i were to go back i wouldnt do the jmod in my 96.

I had the mod on my 97 and loved it. It was the lower setting but still kicked ass. I want it for mine and can always soften things in the tune if needed.

Cobrastar, have you done the mod before?

I think I am going to order the BCA complete valve body. That way I can have it taylored to what I want and it comes ready to slap in. Its worth the piece of mind to me.

I could get under that car and pull the pan, pull the valve body, take it apart, drill the holed, remove the burr, put on the two new gaskets, get it all back together in less than 45 minutes, maybe even 30. It's just that simple and if you don't want the extra hard 2nd gear, leave the bottom 1-2 spring in. I took mine out because it was part of the instructions, just like I sent you and I loved it. I just like feeling my gears when they change.

Members online

No members online now.
Back