Y'all better go fill the tank up ASAP

man if I put regular in my 93 she is sooo not happy.it will ping and knock it will even miss periodically. It may be the tune on a 93, it may be the plugs i put in her, it may be the super aggressive style of driving i have. I let a friend use my car one time. he brought it back full of gas (as he should have). when i drove it the next morning the ping was so bad at 2800rpms the car stopped running for a second. I called him and sure enough regular fuel was the problem.my point is, it is scary noticeable in my 93.

with 93 octane on a long run I can get 30mpg+ if i just cruse at 65-70 (33 was the best i ever got driving from Mansfield TX to Corinth TX @65). I get 19.5 in the city and i drive HARD!!!

"Just follow the manufacturer's suggestions."
Meaning that you should probably buy premium if they recommend it. They wouldn't recommend it unless there was reason to do so. Maybe you won't have any catastrophic problems, but it probably will degrade your performance and fuel economy.

IMO it comes down to this:
If you're the type to drive really conservatively on the pedal and never rev the car over 3k then yeah, you can probably get by with regular and you might never notice any problems. On the other hand if you're the type to routinely stomp the pedal and rev the car up while driving around you'd best stick to premium. Do you really wanna degrade your cars performance, fuel economy and possibly risk engine damage to save $3 at the pump? Personally I'd just save that $3 elsewhere by not buying a coffee or something.

Mine would prolly esplode if I put regular in it.

"Just follow the manufacturer's suggestions."
Meaning that you should probably buy premium if they recommend it. They wouldn't recommend it unless there was reason to do so. Maybe you won't have any catastrophic problems, but it probably will degrade your performance and fuel economy.

IMO it comes down to this:
If you're the type to drive really conservatively on the pedal and never rev the car over 3k then yeah, you can probably get by with regular and you might never notice any problems. On the other hand if you're the type to routinely stomp the pedal and rev the car up while driving around you'd best stick to premium. Do you really wanna degrade your cars performance, fuel economy and possibly risk engine damage to save $3 at the pump? Personally I'd just save that $3 elsewhere by not buying a coffee or something.

Probably the most reasonable statement in this thread. :)

So the U.S. buys petroleum from itself?

Contrary to popular belief, Puerto Rico is part of the U.S, but only for their benefit, security. They don't pay any taxes to the U.S, pick and choose what federal laws to follow,if any, and pull their own oil and sell it to the U.S

Contrary to popular belief, Puerto Rico is part of the U.S, but only for their benefit, security. They don't pay any taxes to the U.S, pick and choose what federal laws to follow,if any, and pull their own oil and sell it to the U.S

Yes and no but i wont get into a debate on it here.

See I was lucky I bought my mark off of a little old lady who ha gas receipts and 2 service manuals from 1993-2006. She took care of her sh!t but didn't care if her dog chewed up the center console and shifter knob =\ like all the air ride from lines to bags compressor etc was replaced in 2005. I just lucked out

Since the 22nd when I filled up and started this thread, this is what I have used so far. Phone pics while inside the garage after taking my son to school. I think it might last me over a month. Also, the 235 miles you see on the trip is actually 1235 miles since I left the condo in Florida around October 12th. I reset it before I drove back home from Ft. Walton Beach FL. to Madison, AL. and it hasn't been touched since then.

Photo0391.gif

Photo0392.gif

Dam...1200mpg!!!:eek:

Seriously, what's your average mpg showing on the trip computer? I'm showing about 20.7 on my '96 and 18.5 on the '97 LSC.

lol. I wished I did get 1200 mpg. That just shows how far I really drive the car and that trip to FL. was out of the blue. Not happening again anytime soon. Take about 400 miles off the 1235 and that would be 835 miles I have driven it since the first part of October. Mine is showing 15.2 mpg but I haven't been on the HWY since filling up. On the HWY, I average around 27 at about 75 mph.

Your Samsung Impression doesn't make a good one when it comes to night time pictures. :p

It was this morning but I have the window covered so that no one can peek inside the garage and see if I'm home. It just looks like night time pics but I agree, the Impression is no impression at all. I hate this phone. I want to try an HTC next.

Frog, can you post some pics of the benz? If I had the toyz you had, I would definatly show them off (but thats me) and if nobody liked it, f*ck em!

Frog, can you post some pics of the benz? If I had the toyz you had, I would definatly show them off (but thats me) and if nobody liked it, f*ck em!

Seems like he did show it once in here somewhere. It's been a while though. Maybe it was an engine pic and not the whole car. He'll correct me :shifty:

It was this morning but I have the window covered so that no one can peek inside the garage and see if I'm home. It just looks like night time pics but I agree, the Impression is no impression at all. I hate this phone. I want to try an HTC next.

I can't think of any cell phone that takes excellent flashless night time pictures. The CCD is too small on cell phones. Physical size, not MP size.

HTC makes decent cell phones. They're really coming around with their Android powered handsets. I had a Mytouch 4G delivered on Saturday (60 bucks for overnight delivery from Kalifornia... ugh), to replace my Android powered HD 2 that took a drink. . Now that's it's rooted and has a nice CM7 ROM on it, I like it.

Seems like he did show it once in here somewhere. It's been a while though. Maybe it was an engine pic and not the whole car. He'll correct me :shifty:

Indeed, there are a few around LvC.

Well reg went back down to 3.319 and Premium to 3.519. It is like a roller coaster everyday now, up, then down, up then down. Kinda like screwing but not being asked to participate.

I can't think of any cell phone that takes excellent flashless night time pictures. The CCD is too small on cell phones. Physical size, not MP size.

HTC makes decent cell phones. They're really coming around with their Android powered handsets. I had a Mytouch 4G delivered on Saturday (60 bucks for overnight delivery from Kalifornia... ugh), to replace my Android powered HD 2 that took a drink. . Now that's it's rooted and has a nice CM7 ROM on it, I like it.

Indeed, there are a few around LvC.

I have the Mytouch 4G as well its a great phone. CM makes great roms but I love sense

Just wanted to comment on the knock sensor thing. On my old motor that had knock, when I would data log and display in real time what was happening I could hear the knock a good 2 seconds before the knock sensors would start to pull timing and then they would go overboard pulling way more timing then needed.
Will that kill a stock motor? Prolly not but it sure aint good. Add some pressure to that motor and then it goes kaboom. :( Ask me how I know. :lol:
Even when my car was stock I would still run 93 just because it was added protection. Same reason I spend a few extra bucks for synthetic oil. I like my car and want to take care of it.
I have seen how Sappers car performs on 87 and it aint a pretty thing.

I just paid 3.71 for premium here in Pa......this doesnt look good at all

I filled my Exploder up yesterday. It was a little over half-a-tank and it took $37 bucks to put about 11 gallons in it.:eek:

It's back down to $3.39 at Murphy USA at Wal-Mart in Biscoe, NC again. Roller coaster is right. This is ridiculous (I spelled it right this time Frogman:D).

The most it ever took to fill that thing up was during Katrina when gas was $6 bucks a gallon for about a week. It took close to $80 to fill it up once.

$27 to fill up half my tank with shell v power.

$3.58 a gallon.

Members online

No members online now.
Back