Y'all better go fill the tank up ASAP

Premium today-$3.879

Premium here is $3.69 to $3.89 today.

I had to go to another city for my 6 month doctor visit and I hated going lol but I had to. Now my gas gauge isn't showing above full anymore but it did do pretty good. I'll get a pic of it tomorrow after taking my son to school and compare the mileage to the last pic I put up. I'm trying my best to make this tank last a month. Seems like with the HWY and city driving, it ended up with a 23.3 mpg average.

I went ahead and took pics of where I stand as of now and this is after going from Madison, AL. to Decatur, AL. and back. 75 mph on the HWY and slight city driving once there and a little after I got back into Madison. The trip odometer has not been touched and no gas has been added since the 22nd when I filled up with non ethanol premium at $3.65 per gallon.

DSC02794.jpg

DSC02795.jpg

Before that trip, this is where I was. (phone pic) right at 80 miles today.

Photo0391.gif

I wish I had that much gas! I'm a hair under a quarter of a tank, while looking for a job living in the sticks about 30 miles from anything!

I just paid 3.53 for 91

We're screwed.

You got that right and it has only just now started. QUOTE ME ON THIS. Before Summer is over, we'll be looking at $5 plus per gallon. As long as we have whales swimming in the waters, we'll be ok. :rolleyes: Lets make that $7 plus per gallon for premium before Summer is over. Honestly I see it coming within 2 months, maybe 3

Oil hitting $104 per barrel today. I'm thinking it will be $120 per barrel within one month. Just saying what I'm seeing, not trying to be negative. :p

Sitting just under $105. Part of the problem is that protests have been announced in Saudi Arabia. That will have to be watched closely.

UN will intervene, sanctions will happen, it will all be settled. Unrest over there makes alot of nations uncomfortable, it will be over one way or another. Plus, with the amount of problems a big oil hike that lasts for a prolonged perios will screw up the US economy more, do you really think they will let the biggest user of thier products suffer too long? OPEC will make changes along with UN, because eventually they will lose credibility with thier allies. The changes will once again make the buyers more comfortable, and then barrel prices will equalize. Equilibrium will happen one way or another. This kind of BS happens every time, there's a price hike, a perios of worry, and it always settles.

You got that right and it has only just now started. QUOTE ME ON THIS. Before Summer is over, we'll be looking at $5 plus per gallon. As long as we have whales swimming in the waters, we'll be ok. :rolleyes: Lets make that $7 plus per gallon for premium before Summer is over. Honestly I see it coming within 2 months, maybe 3

Oil hitting $104 per barrel today. I'm thinking it will be $120 per barrel within one month. Just saying what I'm seeing, not trying to be negative. :p

See, here's the thing about speculative trading markets. If the market makers were of the opinion that oil would be trading at $120 in one month, it would be trading at about $119.99 right now. Nobody knows what's gonna happen, and this includes you, no matter how sure you sound about it.

Because it's a huge chunk of untapped profit, and would be serving a different market...

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-june-16-2010/an-energy-independent-future

Why would the oil companies lose their huge profits by drilling and refining here, when they can manipulate oil prices with anything that happens in the middle east? :mad:

If we're going to use it, then we need to be drilling for it. We need to have a huge reserve for our self. We could drill, refine and sell gas at $2.00 per gallon and the US would make plenty of money to pay back everyone we owe. I don't even know why they bother spending the time to make mid grade. There should only be regular and premium. 87 & 93, that's it. Having mid grade is stupid. How many people here actually pick up a mid grade pump handle? I haven't in years.

I did like the video though. They all talk the talk and more so just to get elected but no, we have to be dependent on the middle east for something we already have and use a lot of. Makes no sense to me but a lot of the things in the US make no sense to me. All country leaders and presidents are as crooked as your local crack dealer down the road.

$4.50 for premium gas within 2 to 4 weeks and I will not edit this.

Luckily I have a V-6 as my daily driver and my wife drives a 4 banger, but $3.45 still sucks for 87.

So you're saying it will be $9 per gallon in 4 to 8 weeks? Alright. So shall it be recorded in the Holy future predictions book. :lol:

I think he was referring to the crack head or mid grade or crooked leaders and presidents. :p I don't see "premium gas" reaching $9.00 and if so, possibly in 2012 sometime.

I don't even know why they bother spending the time to make mid grade. There should only be regular and premium. 87 & 93, that's it. Having mid grade is stupid. How many people here actually pick up a mid grade pump handle? I haven't in years.

I always figured that midgrade was just premium and regular mixed together at the pump (or possibly before, now that I think about it.)

I always figured that midgrade was just premium and regular mixed together at the pump (or possibly before, now that I think about it.)

I would almost bet that if tested, mid grade is probably 87 and I never see anyone using it. No telling how old it is in the underground tanks. They should just put their man hours into refining 87 - 93 or 86 - 93 and not even worry with mid grade.

Then have a big sale on mid grade at all stations in the US for $2.75 a gallon, boost the economy and then fill those tanks up for with 87 because it is the more popular gas. Then, remove the mid grade pump handle completely, until new pumps are installed at some point. Maybe save them for BIO in the future.

If we're going to use it, then we need to be drilling for it. We need to have a huge reserve for our self. We could drill, refine and sell gas at $2.00 per gallon and the US would make plenty of money to pay back everyone we owe. I don't even know why they bother spending the time to make mid grade. There should only be regular and premium. 87 & 93, that's it. Having mid grade is stupid. How many people here actually pick up a mid grade pump handle? I haven't in years.

I did like the video though. They all talk the talk and more so just to get elected but no, we have to be dependent on the middle east for something we already have and use a lot of. Makes no sense to me but a lot of the things in the US make no sense to me. All country leaders and presidents are as crooked as your local crack dealer down the road.

$4.50 for premium gas within 2 to 4 weeks and I will not edit this.

I agree 100%. It just doesn't seem like these tycoons care about our country at all. We should not be making these scumbag prince's in Saudi Arabia and other Middle Eastern countries richer. It makes me sick to see those damn palaces, platinum mercedes, and even f'n indoor ski resorts while our middle-class is being destroyed. Americans need to wake the f up and realize neither party gives two sh*ts about our future and they have proven that. Is there such thing as a Corporatocracy? I might have just made that word up, but that's what I think our government has turned into...a bunch of rich corporate scumbags dictating our future by lobbying for their own greedy selves and not the future of America, hence the outsourcing. These guys know how to fix the economy, but they won't. With all the $ these idiots waste on their elections for their popularity contest and their bickering back and forth while the country suffers....fuggin bastards. Good talk.... I'm spent.

So you're saying it will be $9 per gallon in 4 to 8 weeks? Alright. So shall it be recorded in the Holy future predictions book. :lol:

Yep, along with "The Rapture" that supposedly will happen this May 21st...time to find a rich hard core religious fella with a ferrari, cuz when he disappears somebody will have to take care of it for him.:D

Rapture? May 21st? Hell, every year someone pipes up about how the world will end next year.

Next year, (Dec 2012), the world is supposed to end because that's where the Mayan calendar stopped. I don't know what's planned for 2013, though.

Members online

No members online now.
Back