Why Am I Seeing Lincoln Losing Races

OK, I think I can speak to this topic pretty accurately as I own both a 1st gen LS and a 99 Mustang GT.

I must say the power/torque isn't all that much different. The LS takes off better as it is a more balanced car but the Mustang's thinner butt shows up once you get around 3500rpm in second. From there it hooks up and leaves Luxo-Sport behind. This is with as much being equal as possible. I have 245/45/17's on both cars, the Mustang has a few bolt-ons more than the LS but not enough to make a significant difference and my Mustang has the added weight of a body kit.

Cliff notes: in a 60' race, 02LS wins, in anything longer than that, 99GT wins.

to all this STATS ppl and real numbers your right you beleive in number and i have nothin against that but yall lik this ppl that said that in 2000 the world was gonna end and we are in 2008 and nothin has happend. why dont yall show real proof that you can get those numbers on your car? because as far as im concerned i used to be in the hang outs all days long and i saw a honda civic with intake and exhaust system taking over a cadillac v8 and if we look them by stats the cadillac should have won but it didnt. as yall say its also about the driver but when i raced those mustangs i wasnt racing with an old lady. conversation with you NATE im done with u go and get in ur cars those numbers u put up and then we'll talk

::cough::

okay man, I'm sorry if this comes off a little rude... but what the hell did you just say?

I'm from the Czech Republic and english is my second language.... are you speaking it or are you using words I just don't know?

I see like, spanish and english mixed into a big clustermess

::cough::

okay man, I'm sorry if this comes off a little rude... but what the hell did you just say?

I'm from the Czech Republic and english is my second language.... are you speaking it or are you using words I just don't know?

I see like, spanish and english mixed into a big clustermess

ROFL :lol:

Slow down and type in complete sentences.

to all this STATS ppl and real numbers your right you beleive in number and i have nothin against that but yall lik this ppl that said that in 2000 the world was gonna end and we are in 2008 and nothin has happend. why dont yall show real proof that you can get those numbers on your car? because as far as im concerned i used to be in the hang outs all days long and i saw a honda civic with intake and exhaust system taking over a cadillac v8 and if we look them by stats the cadillac should have won but it didnt. as yall say its also about the driver but when i raced those mustangs i wasnt racing with an old lady. conversation with you NATE im done with u go and get in ur cars those numbers u put up and then we'll talk

:bowrofl: :blah: :F
anyway...this is too funny...

My 00 LS had LS and V8 on the trunk, but I pealed all that nonsense off mine.

And about losing races with the LS, LMAO! LS's are slow, you are going to lose alot if you race, get used to it.

Depends on the year. My 2000 only has "LS" and it's a V8.
+1
Most 2000 LS' didn't have it that were V8. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think it was either a dealer/customer add-on.

WOW... did I ever miss a lot! You guys have me rollin on the floor over here!

Morbid laid it out... since there is virtually no difference between the 99-04 GT's, his comparison seems to be valid and logical. The Gen II LS does have 3.58 where the stangs are coming with either 3.07 or 3.27 correct? So when your lining up against a new edge (read: 99-04) GT where power numbers are similar, the LS should get the launch. But once the RPM's get into the power band, the lighter Mustang will stretch it's legs out.

Either way, EL started this by saying he was spanking on new mustang GT's... when everyone raised the BS flag on that one, he altered his claim to a 2000 GT.

All told... the video speaks for itself. Something EL should not attempt without lots of thought on formulating a sentence... he needs a translator.

BTW Morbid... I was stationed in Bamberg, DE for a few years; always wanted to go to Czech but it always seemed when they had trips scheduled, I invariably ended up going to the field for training. I hear there are many amazing sights to see... (a co-worker married a woman from the Czech Republic).

i care about my 2000 LS....
better thread topic:
why am i seeing more threads and posts similar to this mindless arguing?
do we actually think that all of a sudden one of the people arguing are going to suddenly be like "oh! oh my goodness! you are right! Your points have come across as clear and concise. i submit to your logic and i apologize. let us celebrate our now common knowledge with a dance of frivolity in the meadows."

Unless it's an LSE. In which case it will say LSE regardless of engine type.

LSE was only V8. 2000 LS V8 they did not say V8 from the factory, the rest of the years did.

Funny how the first year (2000) had both engines available but did not badge, and the last year (2006) had only the V8 available, but it still was badged V8.

Damn NYC, cold. But you're right :shifty:

:D

Last edited:
Not a burned squirrels chance in hell

An LS vs an 07 GT? You have to be $hittin me. My buddies 07 GT would walk all over an LS (cept maybe power added ones). Sad but true. He has a hell of a time gettin his family in it, though. Mustang GT 310HP factory. We might be competitive with the model before the "retro" as they were like 260hp (I think).

An LS vs an 07 GT? You have to be $hittin me. My buddies 07 GT would walk all over an LS (cept maybe power added ones). Sad but true. He has a hell of a time gettin his family in it, though. Mustang GT 310HP factory. We might be competitive with the model before the "retro" as they were like 260hp (I think).

win or lose mustangs still a cow compared to the engine they have with our engine

Members online

No members online now.
Back