Why Am I Seeing Lincoln Losing Races

why dont u sell your lincoln and get a damn mustang. what you smoking over there if i race with a 2000 ford gt i would blow the mustang off not just the doors

El Loco you are new here so cool the attitude please.

NateRW21 was just stating the facts nothing more.

Stock for stock the other cars I listed yes the LS would not stand a chance. Not the Altima though, whether it be a 3.5SE or 3.5 SE-R. The Altima and Gen2 LS are close enough to easily be a driver's race though the LS with similar driver's would likely edge it out. The biggest importance with these LS's is a good driver. It will make a large difference.

problem i had was take-off. by the time we evened out, i couldnt catch him until we were breaking the law. I would like to think I am a fairly good 0-60 type of guy, but I just couldnt hang the first 60 feet. (wish the v8 had a manual)

i raced a 2004 nissan mmm Maxima 3.5 light boddy i would say it is the same as the altima. now just to tell you my first car was an altima so i dont hate one them i love them. but the guy in the maxima it was a close race till probbably 70 but thats it . and also about the mustang comon they do not beat us by that much . of corse you have too see that is a 4.6 race inspired and its a bigger engine but they would not blow our doors off. never. I wish we had more aftermarket parts

why dont u sell your lincoln and get a damn mustang. what you smoking over there if i race with a 2000 ford gt i would blow the mustang off not just the doors

Because some people like to make due with what they have.

ok as i said with the altima from the hole they will win cuz i know they are fast but if you rollin they wont catch up with us after 60-70. mustangs both i raced i lost but the first one was not stock and i was onlow fuel(which means that the car does not push the power 100%) and i dont know why but when it shift from 3rd to 4th rpms go down that waas why he tooked me . the other one was today and it was 2005+ and he did beat me but if it was an ls same year it would not take it by that much

Ohhhhh okay noob... I'm not sure how many engines you've built or performance cars you've owned/wrenched on, but given your statement above... I'm guessing your experience with performance would be rather minimal.

Anyhow, since you're now saying you'd destroy a 2000 Mustang GT... Here ya go killer... (I'll even give you the Non-PI 98 specs)

2000 Mustang GT V8 Coupe:
Curb Weight: 3241 lbs
Horsepower: 260 @ 5250 RPM
Torque (lb-ft): 300 @ 4000 RPM

1998 Mustang GT V8 Coupe:
Curb Weight: 3269 lbs
Horsepower: 225 @ 4750 RPM
Torque (lb-ft): 290 @ 3500 RPM

YOUR 2000 Lincoln LS V8:
Curb Weight: 3692 lbs
Horsepower: 252 @ 6100 RPM
Torque (lb-ft): 267 @ 4300 RPM

So lets go over this... Your LS VS 2000 Mustang GT:
:::Advantage-Mustang GT :::
Weight: 451 lbs lighter
Horsepower: 8 Horsepower More
Torque: 33 lb-ft more
:::Advantage-Lincoln LS:::
NONE

Here... How about a slightly more fair race: Your LS VS 1998 Mustang GT:
:::Advantage-Mustang GT:::
Weight: 400 lbs lighter
Torque: 23 lb-ft more
:::Advantage-Lincoln LS::
Horsepower: 27 Horsepower More

Hate to break it to you, but against a 2000 GT... unless the driver weighs in at about 500lbs and happens to be asleep; you'd get your rear-end handed to you

As for against a 1998... Closer race, but the GT has you on torque and comes in 400lbs lighter; you only have a 27 HP advantage, which is not enough to make up for your torque and weight deficit. That means equal drivers... the LS still looses. Make it a Gen II LS and you've got a close race.

Numbers and physics don't lie my friend; come to terms with how unbelievable a claim like that really is. We're all LS owners here, we know what our cars can... and cannot do. You don't have some magic 2000 LS that rolled off the assembly line with 100 more horsepower. Take my advise; next time you want to talk about what cars you could "blow more than the doors off", research the numbers those cars. As for mustangs, if you can find a factory stock 95 GT or older... you'll have a winning race. But good luck; most 5.0L GT's that are in good shape and still cruising the streets are very likely to have something under the hood that will send you back to the stone-age.

As for why I don't have a mustang... simple, I've got a boat, F-150 and LS... I've got no more room. I'll be adding both a Mark and 03 Cobra to my inventory within the next 1-2 years... just as soon as I find a place with a huge garage, or room to build one.

Ohhhhh okay noob... I'm not sure how many engines you've built or performance cars you've owned/wrenched on, but given your statement above... I'm guessing your experience with performance would be rather minimal.

Anyhow, since you're now saying you'd destroy a 2000 Mustang GT... Here ya go killer... (I'll even give you the Non-PI 98 specs)

2000 Mustang GT V8 Coupe:
Curb Weight: 3241 lbs
Horsepower: 260 @ 5250 RPM
Torque (lb-ft): 300 @ 4000 RPM

1998 Mustang GT V8 Coupe:
Curb Weight: 3269 lbs
Horsepower: 225 @ 4750 RPM
Torque (lb-ft): 290 @ 3500 RPM

YOUR 2000 Lincoln LS V8:
Curb Weight: 3692 lbs
Horsepower: 252 @ 6100 RPM
Torque (lb-ft): 267 @ 4300 RPM

So lets go over this... Your LS VS 2000 Mustang GT:
:::Advantage-Mustang GT :::
Weight: 451 lbs lighter
Horsepower: 8 Horsepower More
Torque: 33 lb-ft more
:::Advantage-Lincoln LS:::
NONE

Here... How about a slightly more fair race: Your LS VS 1998 Mustang GT:
:::Advantage-Mustang GT:::
Weight: 400 lbs lighter
Torque: 23 lb-ft more
:::Advantage-Lincoln LS::
Horsepower: 27 Horsepower More

Hate to break it to you, but against a 2000 GT... unless the driver weighs in at about 500lbs and happens to be asleep; you'd get your rear-end handed to you

As for against a 1998... Closer race, but the GT has you on torque and comes in 400lbs lighter; you only have a 27 HP advantage, which is not enough to make up for your torque and weight deficit. That means equal drivers... the LS still looses. Make it a Gen II LS and you've got a close race.

Numbers and physics don't lie my friend; come to terms with how unbelievable a claim like that really is. We're all LS owners here, we know what our cars can... and cannot do. You don't have some magic 2000 LS that rolled off the assembly line with 100 more horsepower. Take my advise; next time you want to talk about what cars you could "blow more than the doors off", research the numbers those cars. As for mustangs, if you can find a factory stock 95 GT or older... you'll have a winning race. But good luck; most 5.0L GT's that are in good shape and still cruising the streets are very likely to have something under the hood that will send you back to the stone-age.

As for why I don't have a mustang... simple, I've got a boat, F-150 and LS... I've got no more room. I'll be adding both a Mark and 03 Cobra to my inventory within the next 1-2 years... just as soon as I find a place with a huge garage, or room to build one.

[edit] get a mustang 2000 and ill hand ur rear end over any time any where with my stock ls. numbers aint real. races are real and i know i beat a mustang . wait till this weekend hang outs and ima find one hopefully stock and ima take a video better yet show it on direct tv so everybody can see my ls beated a mustang how bout that

Last edited by a moderator:
excuse yall for the bad words

{edit}get a mustang 2000 and ill hand ur rear end over any time any where with my stock ls. numbers aint real. races are real and i know i beat a mustang . wait till this weekend hang outs and ima find one hopefully stock and ima take a video better yet show it on direct tv so everybody can see my ls beated a mustang how bout that

Statistically the Mustang would win, you need to calm down.

Statistically the Mustang would win, you need to calm down.

look when auto makers or who ever it is make those test. everything matters air, weather, street, humidity every little thing. here in the streets is a different things of corse theres ppl that does not how to drive but some of them do . now i know what i raced and i know i didnt get my rear end handed over plus if it had been a mustang v6 he would have not seen me because i could take them with my moms oddyssey 3.5 vtec anyday. and we aint talkin about new mustangs because compared to my 2000 they are faster however a 2000 mustan v8 stock wont take me or at least well be next to each other

BAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!........oh this is a good one...how old is this...i found one a while back that was almost the exact same...i ran a gt from an 80 punch...i know i was moving waayyy too fast already, but he poked me in the eye and took my lunch money...

this character ElLoco is hilarious...where is he at?....

oh yeah, and numbers aint real...hahaha....

Yeah I'm calling you a noob... Mr 40-odd postings, joined last month.

First and foremost... try to be an adult and not cuss. Unless I'm mistaken, I never swore at you. It's called vocabulary... try to show us that you graduated high school (or perhaps got your GED) and know how to formulate sentences in a mature and educated manor. I can direct you to a few easy to use online thesaurus and dictionaries if you like.

NOW...

You're driving a 2000 LS, it's not a race car... hell, for that matter it's not even fast. Anyone having any experience with cars, physics or statistics... or just common sense will tell you the exact same thing. Drivers being equal, a 2000 Mustang GT will lay waste to your pathetic stock, overweight and under powered LS. You've got people here telling you this that own speed shops (ILLS), have hand built engines and owned/driven cars considerably more powerful than the LS (myself)... People that have years of experience and training. So please, deflate your chest and come to terms with reality.

As for how those specs are read; it's simple really. Everything is done under the rules laid out by the Society of Automotive Engineers. So when you see power figures for different vehicles, in order for those to be advertised, they would have to be achieved under exacting conditions. A good example of this would be the new Hemi when it first came out... The power rating that was advertised was Gross Horsepower; what that means is they ran the engine on a dyno with zero accessories (power steering, alternator, water pump, a/c compressor) and only headers. This is FAR, FAR outside standards for SAE and they were forced to revise their advertised HP ratings to indicate Net Horsepower (or SAE HP)... meaning, the engine equipped as in the vehicle. Where is all of this going? It all boils down to one thing; when the ratings are all achieved in the same manner, they will change relative to each other when those same conditions are altered. To make it simple... if it's 120 degrees, ambient air temp... of course the engine will not be producing numbers identical to the factory rating. The air is less dense. But, the guy lined up next to you is experiencing the same thing; his power and torque are decreased the same percentage as yours. So your entire argument about different conditions on the street is 100% baseless.

As far as racing you... come on! You can't be serious can you?!?! I live in Michigan, and I doubt you're anywhere near me. Plus, I don't own a Mustang, let alone a 2000 GT. Furthermore, I'm not really into racing. I found it to be one of the most exhilarating things in life before I experienced combat. Now, oddly enough most things just don't give me anywhere near the adrenalin required to match the feeling. AND... I'm not an idiot, or irresponsible... IF I were to race, it wouldn't be on the street. Countless people needlessly die every year due to immaturity and the need to show how much better your extension of your manhood is than the next guy's.

as spokes said... you could beat a Ferrari... If he were the worst driver in the world and you had the best day of your life.

But, personally... if I'm going to get into a contest of sorts, I'd rather it be somewhat legitimate. I mean really, do you WANT to win just because someone was snoozing at the wheel?

If I'm going to arm wrestle someone... The person I find is going to be close to my size... not a quadriplegic. Otherwise, are you actually proving anything? And that is the point right? "My car is faster..." Who wants to say "I won because he's a horrible driver"? When you talk about beating a Mustang GT with an LS, that's pretty much what you're saying... "I won because he's a horrible driver; his car should have walked all over me".

By the way... is it just me or is there some serious deja-vue going on here?

Midi... care to give the new guy some advise about forum etiquette? (I'm not ripping on you... just trying to use your experience for the improvement of others)

dude i beat lambos and ferraris all day. F an altima. waste of time. ;)

By the way... is it just me or is there some serious deja-vue going on here?
Midi... care to give the new guy some advise about forum etiquette? (I'm not ripping on you... just trying to use your experience for the improvement of others)

OOOHHHHHH......NATE BURNED ElLoco...BAHAHAHAHA...this is why is love this forum...some people here are extremely intelligent and logical...others are idiots...well...maybe not idiots...im not saying that...maybe they just arent as far up the totem pole as others...

this is also tru. car stats arent everything. im done with this thread.. lol.

I agree... they aren't everything. But, when you make a broad statement that you will "blow more than the doors off" of a specific vehicle, you're not making mention of that vehicle being piloted by someone who doesn't know how to drive. That kind of blanket statement would indicate that drivers being equal, the machine you're driving would win.

You know what we're saying here

I'm not going to partake in the noob bashing this time. Apparentely I'm too good at it. I'll just tell you that I was never beaten by an Altima or Maxima 3.5. I never had the opportunity to race an Altima SE-R except in the CTS-V. That wasn't even a race.

03+ Stats
http://www.modernracer.com/lincolnlsv8.html
Altima SE-R
http://www.modernracer.com/nissanaltimaser.html

The Maxima and the LS are on a level playing field. Using your site, the two are near identical in the ¼ mile. I would say that it is definitely a drivers race, but would not go so far as to say that an LS will beat a Maxima.

Members online

No members online now.
Back