Why Am I Seeing Lincoln Losing Races

The Maxima and the LS are on a level playing field. Using your site, the two are near identical in the ¼ mile. I would say that it is definitely a drivers race, but would not go so far as to say that an LS will beat a Maxima.

That site is pretty good and usually accurate. However the Maxima's times are only estimated for some reason. I guess they never actually tested the car themselves.

some people are just real jerkoffs.
I really hope your not talking to me. Since you were "done with this thread." Then magically come back to comment after me.

I don't know the difference between a 2000 and 2004 GT, but I raced an 04' in my 2nd gen with a CAI, and while I didn't "get my rear handed to me" I only beat him by a couple of feet. If the 2000s aren't too much different from the 04, I can't see a stock 2000 doing the same.

On a side note, when someone posts facts and numbers and actual information to prove a point, the noob is the one that responds "whoda fuk you think you are?" and a bunch of other useless garbage text.

Nate owned you, with research and facts, not nasty words.

You guys are all so damn dumb. I blew the doors off a Pagani Zonda. Only took three cans of air to get all the dust off.

Or just give her a little juice.

juice.jpg

That site is pretty good and usually accurate. However the Maxima's times are only estimated for some reason. I guess they never actually tested the car themselves.

Copy that. I did not spend much time looking at it. I do know that those Maxi's are decent, and I have no doubt that they can at least run 15 flat.

lol, that's why I made these videos... a benchmark so other LS owners could see where they stand

just clearing some things up, during the first video we both hit it at the same time... zach has a 5 speed and really wheelhopped his way throgh first... I've also tried my metal aganst a few othwer S197 GT's from a stop and the LS always seems to outlaunch it, then by the end of 2nd they pass me.... so in closing, our cars grip compared to a mustang... drag radials? that's a different story lol

the second video was 40-100MPH against a 2007 mustang GT

during that third race I hit the limiter going into 3rd... that was a 20-100MPH race against a 2004 mustang GT with bolt on's

You made them? That's pretty cool. They have to be the most fair, unbaised race videos I have seen in an LS. Purely informational and not to put others down. I raced friend's mustangs before. Beat a 98 GT Vert. Kept near dead even with an 03 GT, he pulled away at about 60 by a length. Never beat the 06-07+? newer GTs. They were all autos.

I like the sig

yeah that first video you linked pisses me off because you can see my iceberg chin :(

on the question with the S197 stangs (05-08) I have beaten some.... but they were the 4.0L's, lol

I beat them by 2-3 lengths pretty consistantly... the closest I've ever stayed with an S197 GT was against a yellow and black vert on 20's.... and he had a bad launch, I was out ahead till about 80MPH and then he reeled me in and was starting to put lengths

you also left out another race

this was 40-120MPH against the bolt on 2004 mustang GT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxZi8HvcmAw

also keep in mind jasons car is a 5 speed manual... IMO an automatic new edge mustang GT would fall in a race against a 2nd gen LS

Nice run, Once the GT started to pull on me, I would have done a pit maneuver on him and sent him into the trees, hehe.

Your car stock?

The S197s you beat were V6's?

yessir, bone stock

and yeah, they were V6's... I rub it in alot over at the mustang forums I moderate, but it's all in good fun lol

I run the 3.9L luxury car > 4.0L sporty car line :D

Why is that though? What specifically would make the LS overtake an auto GT if it had been an auto GT in that vid? The gear ratio, powerband, etc?

Your sig is like the LOLCats thing...just a fish. I hate the "SRT-4's" It's still just a Neon but SRT-4 owners say it isn't.

Why is that though? What specifically would make the LS overtake an auto GT if it had been an auto GT in that vid? The gear ratio, powerband, etc?

Your sig is like the LOLCats thing...just a fish. I hate the "SRT-4's" It's still just a Neon but SRT-4 owners say it isn't.

well, an automatic mustang doesn't have a selectshift like we do... so from a roll when it goes WOT it's going to sit and think abotu what gear to downshift to.... while the LS can just get in your powerband and go, another BIG thing (actually the main thing) is that an automatic transmission loses more RWHP through the drivetrain than a 5 speed...

a 5 speed transmission will lose 15-17% of it's BHP through the transmission

an 4 speed auto will lose 20-25% of it's BHP through the drivetrain

and jasons car is a 5 speed coupe... so racing a new edge vert or a mustang with bigger rims will leave the scale tipped in the LS's favor too

Nice. I never really raced people from a roll unless it was on the highway and LS excelled at that. Never used SST either I just let it do it's thing. Probably should've tried it.

Get some more vids up of just informational races. Yours seem pretty fair. Hopefully it'll shut some people up as to what an LS can and can't beat.

to all this STATS ppl and real numbers your right you beleive in number and i have nothin against that but yall lik this ppl that said that in 2000 the world was gonna end and we are in 2008 and nothin has happend. why dont yall show real proof that you can get those numbers on your car? because as far as im concerned i used to be in the hang outs all days long and i saw a honda civic with intake and exhaust system taking over a cadillac v8 and if we look them by stats the cadillac should have won but it didnt. as yall say its also about the driver but when i raced those mustangs i wasnt racing with an old lady. conversation with you NATE im done with u go and get in ur cars those numbers u put up and then we'll talk

to all this STATS ppl and real numbers your right you beleive in number and i have nothin against that but yall lik this ppl that said that in 2000 the world was gonna end and we are in 2008 and nothin has happend. why dont yall show real proof that you can get those numbers on your car? because as far as im concerned i used to be in the hang outs all days long and i saw a honda civic with intake and exhaust system taking over a cadillac v8 and if we look them by stats the cadillac should have won but it didnt. as yall say its also about the driver but when i raced those mustangs i wasnt racing with an old lady. conversation with you NATE im done with u go and get in ur cars those numbers u put up and then we'll talk

What are your numbers?

You race, but not on an even keel. To be fair, you have to ditch the "from a roll, when I honk three times, on an uneven roadway" nonsense. Take it to the track, then come in here saying that you beat XXX straight-up.

Members online

No members online now.
Back