Why Am I Seeing Lincoln Losing Races

ElLoco

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Man Whats Up With All This Altima Vs Lincoln Ls Races And All The Ls's Get Beat By Altimas Please Man Yall Gotta Be Kidding Me Im Stock And I Beat Altimas And Maximas 3.5 Comon We Gotta Show Em Whos Da Boss Today I Raced A New Mustang Gt Non Stock And He Did Beat Me But Not That Much Having In Mind That Ma Engine Is The 2000 Which Puts Like 250. If It Had Been 03+ I Would Have Beaten Him. But Ima Race With An Altima 3.5 Again And Ima Put Up The Video To Show Em Whos Da Boss

Hey, you could always do what some of them silly rice boys do! (lie)
e.g. Race a stock 2.5 S then post a vid on the tube claiming it was a 3.5 with tons of mods! and you stomped it! LMAO. Watch the girlies whine... then, continue to repost the vid over and over on all the different sites, like they do! Im not bitter though... Lol.

You would not have touched a new mustang GT... doesn't matter what LS you're driving. You're looking at a 400-500lb weight difference and 300 factory HP... and a nice chunk of torque more. I'm betting the guy you went against was just toying with you. Or maybe he didn't know you were racing...

2006 LS V8:
Curb Weight: 3772
Horsepower: 280 @ 6000 RPM
Torque (lb-ft): 286 @ 4000 RPM

2006 Mustang GT Premium Coupe V8:
Curb Weight: 3356 lbs
Horsepower: 300 @ 5750 RPM
Torque (lb-ft): 320 @ 4500 RPM

The mustang would blow the doors off the 06 LS... a gen I wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell.

I beat a 3.5 Maxima by a half car length it was a 2002 fully loaded. But, I have to agree with Nate that there is no way you could touch one stock for stock maybe if the kid didn't know how to drive. That would be the only way. I got beat by a 2002 GT Mustang by a half car length then by another one by about 10 car lengths so, I highly doubt it unless they didn't know how to drive it. It could of been a v6 though. None the less I still would drive my car over a GT any day.

Well, that third race with the 04 stang was abit closer... them new gen stangs are pretty fast!

If you want to beat cars that are quicker than you I would go to your local 1/4mile track and learn how to nail good RTs and 60's. I beat faster cars all the time at the track by leaving them at the line. On the streets is a different game.

What about the dash?

Now, you're talking about an 04... that only has 260HP from the factory... his Off Road H or X pipe might have bumped him up 15-20HP TOPS... so at best, 280HP... and he still had him with relative ease.

Either way, unless you throwing down against a stock fox body, you won't have a chance... atleast not in the GT arena.

The last video is a 99-04 model, look at the dash.

Yeah it says 04 GT in the "about this video" part.

This video says it's an 04 Lincoln LS but if you look closely when the Altima launches it looks like a Gen1 to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSHO1j_Erpk
The guy is pretty annoying and I would've been just as likely to get out of my car and beat his ass as I would race him.

Yeah, seen that vid a few times... i just assumed that the LS was a V6. Those LS' all look the same to my untrained eye. Is it easy to tell V6s and V8s apart? That guy was way too cocky and annoying... Hope he has been soundly beaten many times since! (both in and out the car)

The guy is pretty annoying and I would've been just as likely to get out of my car and beat his ass as I would race him.

I agree wholeheartedly. The satisfaction of winning should be enough, you don't need to mock the looser in the process. Bunch of mingers if you ask me.

If you read the comments, the author admits to it being a V6 though. I'd like to think A LSv8 could hold itself, but the SE-R's are pretty fast. 5.5 sec to 60 IIRC.

Yeah, seen that vid a few times... i just assumed that the LS was a V6. Those LS' all look the same to my untrained eye. Is it easy to tell V6s and V8s apart? That guy was way too cocky and annoying... Hope he has been soundly beaten many times since! (both in and out the car)

On the trunk of the car it'll say "LS V8" if it's an 8 cylinder. Just "LS" if it's a 6 cylinder.

If you read the comments, the author admits to it being a V6 though. I'd like to think A LSv8 could hold itself, but the SE-R's are pretty fast. 5.5 sec to 60 IIRC.

Ok cool, explains alot. So this guy is comparing his new(ish) top of the range Nissan sedan, to an old, bottom of the range Lincoln? and using it as an excuse to bash? What a toolbag... The ignorance of some of these import fans annoys me no end... Hence, i rarely read the dumb sh1t 'hater' comments. :mad:

edit: Thanks for the badge info, NYC!

I raced an altima se r and yes, I got beat. But, on the highway, at 125 I waved by to him. this is with a crap load of extra weight. doors, wheels, system

Meh, why bother with Altima's when there is more fun to be had with Corvette's, Trans Am's, Mustang Cobra's, and GTO's? ;)

Meh, why bother with Altima's when there is more fun to be had with Corvette's, Trans Am's, Mustang Cobra's, and GTO's? ;)

Amen. Go big or go home.

Who cares if you win or lose in an LS. It's a fast car but it wasn't meant to race. But it never hurts to see the looks when it does more than others think it can do.

Here's another...my kinda race. The last race the Escalade does pretty good from a dig.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXiNptRcJp0
I like some of the comments.... "the caddy got owned." ....Ya don't say?? ..idiot.

Amen. Go big or go home.

Who cares if you win or lose in an LS. It's a fast car but it wasn't meant to race. But it never hurts to see the looks when it does more than others think it can do.

Oh, I don't race to lose. All those cars mentioned above got a schooling from the 05 LS (pre-turbo).

The Corvette guy was cool enough but very surprised after the runs.
The WS6 TA guy wasn't happy
Mustang Cobra guy kind of expected it
LS1 GTO guy never knew what hit him

In defense of the GTO; the driver was launching so bad that I could have beat him off the bottle. I forget what his 60's were but it wasn't pretty. Even if he could drive that GTO well he still didn't stand much of a chance in the cars current form.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhk....you had nitrous. I thought when you meant pre-turbo as in stock.

I'm going to guess and say the Vette and Cobra were neither a Z06 or Terminator?

Got any vids? I'd love to seem some surprised looks. Few vids on youtube of an LS doing 100 and 150 shot I think taking out some unsuspecting cars... Goat included. Those aren't any of your vids on youtube are they?

stock for stock, with the same driver in both cars. its heartbreaking to say, the ls gets killed everytime. probably would have kept the LS if it had more motor options. me and my friend once built a chevette with a 350 in it. won a lot of money beating the same cars above.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhk....you had nitrous. I thought when you meant pre-turbo as in stock.

I'm going to guess and say the Vette and Cobra were neither a Z06 or Terminator?

Got any vids? I'd love to seem some surprised looks. Few vids on youtube of an LS doing 100 and 150 shot I think taking out some unsuspecting cars... Goat included. Those aren't any of your vids on youtube are they?

The Vette was a C5 w/ manual trans and a decent driver. I believe he said he had an exhaust. I let him take the jump too and just reeled him back in from there.

The Cobra was a 1997 running on slicks and a damn good driver. Probably one of the quickest 96-98 Cobra's out there with just slicks. I posted a video of me racing the Cobra on Youtube. In that video I didn't do so well and was off my best ET by about .3 seconds. Traction really sucked in the LS with the nitrous.

Some of those videos on Youtube probably are mine.

stock for stock, with the same driver in both cars. its heartbreaking to say, the ls gets killed everytime. probably would have kept the LS if it had more motor options. me and my friend once built a chevette with a 350 in it. won a lot of money beating the same cars above.

Stock for stock the other cars I listed yes the LS would not stand a chance. Not the Altima though, whether it be a 3.5SE or 3.5 SE-R. The Altima and Gen2 LS are close enough to easily be a driver's race though the LS with similar driver's would likely edge it out. The biggest importance with these LS's is a good driver. It will make a large difference.

You would not have touched a new mustang GT... doesn't matter what LS you're driving. You're looking at a 400-500lb weight difference and 300 factory HP... and a nice chunk of torque more. I'm betting the guy you went against was just toying with you. Or maybe he didn't know you were racing...

2006 LS V8:
Curb Weight: 3772
Horsepower: 280 @ 6000 RPM
Torque (lb-ft): 286 @ 4000 RPM

2006 Mustang GT Premium Coupe V8:
Curb Weight: 3356 lbs
Horsepower: 300 @ 5750 RPM
Torque (lb-ft): 320 @ 4500 RPM

The mustang would blow the doors off the 06 LS... a gen I wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell.

why dont u sell your lincoln and get a damn mustang. what you smoking over there if i race with a 2000 ford gt i would blow the mustang off not just the doors

Members online

No members online now.
Back