WhichCoils

dnsherrill

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I know Tokico's are superior, but I don't want to go that route this time, primarily due to cost; it looks like AAS is selling Eibach's now...are those about the same or any better than Strutmasters?

Strutmasters are probably the worst..

I've got a full setup for sale right now
Tokico Illumina with Vogtland springs.
Make me an offer in a PM ...AFTER you research the springs

'setup' meaning the front coils are already pressed and over the shocks?
how many miles on em? those springs are a lowered set? why are they for sale?

Theyre a 1" drop,
They're for sale because I went and pulled and BOUGHT them for a member when I didn't really have the money to do it... and then he backed out of sale because of extensive issues with the vehicle they were for
They are in near new condition but I can't give you an exact amount of miles on them, they are off a car that's in the JY. The car has no visible reasons to even be where it is... LOADS of expensive parts left on this car.

Don't worry about Miles on a spring like Vogtland... they'll outlast your engine

20130218_083241.jpg

I know Tokico's are superior, but I don't want to go that route this time, primarily due to cost; it looks like AAS is selling Eibach's now...are those about the same or any better than Strutmasters?
-

I picked up Vogtland springs on KYB's and Addco sway bar out of a 97 LSC that was in the Junk yard. I paid $80 for everything. The ride is pretty good.

I think there is probably too many people on here comparing the ride on air to a strutmaster kit. Because we all know that the big shots at the drag strip and road courses are running strutmaster springs. :rolleyes:

+1 :rolleyes:

its ok though. we don't have any of those.

Just the name STRUTmasters must really annoy some people here..maybe they should change the name of their mark viii kit to shockmasters. On a side note..the ride quality of our stock air shocks isn't anything to write home about, the springs I replaced mine with ride the same if not better than original..I just can't be cool and drop my suspension at the touch of a button, but oh well.

Just the name STRUTmasters must really annoy some people here...

It is unfortunate but most of the cars on the road today have strut suspensions. So it's probably an appropriate name for the company. It's mostly higher end cars that have the more sophisticated SLA design like the Mark VIII. Strut suspensions are cheaper becuase they are far simpler disigns and use fewer parts than SLA's. That's why most of your cheaper Korean and Japanese wrong-wheel-drive econocrap tin cans use that type of suspension. However, the superiority of the SLA design is beginning to trickle down to some cheaper cars, even wrong-wheel-drive cars. The Honda Accord, for example has an SLA front and rear suspension design that is very similar to our cars'. But what sucks is that wrong-wheel-drive Hondas get a proper SLA while high performance REAR-WHEEL-DRIVE cars like the Mustang have to make do with cheapo struts :mad: Oh well, that's my 2 cents for today. :)

Just the name STRUTmasters must really annoy some people here..maybe they should change the name of their mark viii kit to shockmasters. On a side note..the ride quality of our stock air shocks isn't anything to write home about, the springs I replaced mine with ride the same if not better than original..I just can't be cool and drop my suspension at the touch of a button, but oh well.

You seriously mean the Strutmasters are as good as the original air suspension.

I have Strutmasters on my car and they are crap.

I intend to replace all that ugly red junk with original air and it would indeed surprise me if they are as bad as Strutmaster springs.

I have built a few cars and I always fix the suspension so I have resprung several cars.

You seriously mean the Strutmasters are as good as the original air suspension.

I have Strutmasters on my car and they are crap.

I intend to replace all that ugly red junk with original air and it would indeed surprise me if they are as bad as Strutmaster springs.

I have built a few cars and I always fix the suspension so I have resprung several cars.

I can't speak for strutmasters as I don't have them, I have the tokico springs and shocks, and like i said they ride better than the air suspension that was on my car..at the time the original stuff only had 80K~ miles on it.

I can't speak for strutmasters as I don't have them, I have the tokico springs and shocks, and like i said they ride better than the air suspension that was on my car..at the time the original stuff only had 80K~ miles on it.

That makes more sense. I don't doubt there are good springs available. Strutmasters are not.

I had found a 90 xr7 cougar with the electronic adjustable tokicos, snagged those with the springs at my JY for $130 for all the way around. I kept the shocks in the stiff position with the supercoupe/xr7 springs omg the car handled like it was on rails, especially with the sticky 245/45/17s I had up front and 275/40/17s out back on my v8 tbird.

I had found a 90 xr7 cougar with the electronic adjustable tokicos, snagged those with the springs at my JY for $130 for all the way around. I kept the shocks in the stiff position with the supercoupe/xr7 springs omg the car handled like it was on rails, especially with the sticky 245/45/17s I had up front and 275/40/17s out back on my v8 tbird.

You could have gotten the solenoids off the car and wired up a rocker switch on the dash to switch them from soft to firm on the fly. I did that when I put a set of '88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe shocks and struts on my '87 Mustang. It was really cool.

Members online

No members online now.
Back