Whats with all the Cobra emblems?

tt54l32v

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Cant quite figure out why some put Cobra badges and emblems on Marks.
If it were a GTR emblem or a SS sticker they would be run out of here like the plague.

Cobrastar actually it's the Lincoln logo wrapped by the cobra snake, the mark is the grandfather to the modular cobras!

My 97 has 2003 anniversary cobra calipers, 13" cobra front rotors, 11" cobra rear rotors, ford racing cobra rear hubs, cobra pumpkin with cobra girdle cover and hopefully soon the "cobra" front bumper and cobra manifolds..

I was thinking about getting some cobra center caps for my saleen wheels but for now i'm rocking the american muscle ones...but i still dont have any cobra emblems lol :)

Cobrastars are cool, its the 32 valve under the hood why everyone associates them with cobras. Only the cobra, marauder, and mark viii share it.

cobrastaremblem.jpg

cobrastar,
lincolnmotorsport.com
Geno the Godfather of the Lincoln performance cornerstone.

There's a few others as well, some Euros. They just featured one on the BBC Top Gear

If it were a GTR emblem or a SS sticker they would be run out of here like the plague.
Hello mr n00bz poopie head. Look closer and you will see its not a "Cobra" emblem.

i've never seen a cobra with a lincoln emblem. if i wanted a mustang i would own a mustang. and geno terminVIIIer is one fantastic car,but i would'nt drink the koolaid

the rover 75.
panoz roadster.
marcos mantis.
qvale mangusta.
mg x power sv.
mg zt.

all foreign cars with the 4.6.

people ask about them with i'm getting gas. guy at the counter asked about them when i picked my car up from an alignment. everybody was in the shop checking it out when i picked it up. they liked the badges and the car too.

~shrug~

the mark is the grandfather to the modular cobras!

^THIS The Mark VIII had the powerplant first, so what's wrong with us taking their badges?:p And no stock teksid block Cobra can touch this. I only need to the crosswalk at the other side of the intersection to prove my point. :cool:

Thats great but none of you answered the question.
You didnt buy your Mark because you cant afford a Mustang, hell most all Mark owners have more than one. You bought it because its different and then you go and put snakes on it like every other mustang?

Im well versed in the history of the mod family. I would think one would be proud and take every opportunity to explain the fact that a "Cobra" has a Mark VIII engine instead of the other way.
Face Palm.

I'm one of the few here that would never put the cobrastar on a mark. Not even if it was free, just look's tacky and makes people do a "wtf" stare.

Everyones taste differs though.

I thought the Panoz roadsters were American built from an American company down in Georgia or something like that??

I see You and kennons have the same location, you trolls both roll over here to ask dumb a$$ questions together? Or are you a computer wizard and started both accounts?? Thanks for your input thus far....

I'm one of the few here that would never put the cobrastar on a mark. Not even if it was free, just look's tacky and makes people do a "wtf" stare.

Everyones taste differs though.

Id take free ones to hang in my garage but never on my mark's.

Members online

No members online now.
Back