Whats broke on your car?

Well the 98 is a rescue from a title pawn. So im in it with the bags. Less than 1200.

Right now only 2-things are broken on my car.
- Leaking Front Air Struts
- Bad outter tie rods

Gotta get both of these fixed. I did just fix some rust holes in my exhaust.

I'm one of the few Mark's with a clean rear window seal :)

Ken

Thought of something else....

Drivers seat belt doesn't retract all that well.

Also nothing...

I fix stuff when (or before) it breaks! :p

+1, and mine is not a DD, so if there are any issues it is already in the heated garage, and I fix it. I did recently get an out-of-nowhere oil filter adapter gasket leak when cold, so I fixed it.

Lincoln Mark VIII Woes

Great idea for a post. I purchased my 97 MK8 in 2003 with 83K miles as the 6th owner. She now has 189,500 miles and the following problems:
Interior
1) Blend door (since day one)
2) Heater core leaking (bypassed)
3) Blower fan or just the switch? (getting fixed-again-after # 4 & 5)
4) Driver side window regulator (getting fixed soon)
5) Driver side door ajar switch (getting fixed soon)
6) cup holders
7) cigarette lighter
8)
Exterior
9) Post Lasagna rear window
10) clear-coat peeling on hood and A pillars

Items fixed include:
11) coil spring conversion custom lowered 1" (2005)
12) front suspension rebuild (2011)
13) head gaskets (2013)

Gustavo

Could use paint job but going with plasti dip for now
Needs new brakes all-around
Needs new O2 sensors all-around cause I am sick of seeing that damn CEL
Needs new 1o disc CD changer in trunk
I would like to do some mods and upgrades but this is my dd so I'm not going full force until either something replaces it or I find a sweet replacement to keep cherry.
But until then loving it regardless of flaws. Still runs, drives, and gets looks.
Lov my Mark8

This is for the first '96, not the other one I recently purchased.

1) Upper control arms
2) Needs tires
3) Power window switch won't lower window on passenger side. I have a replacement.
4) Headlights are clear on the outside but still suck
5) Two pieces of trim in the backseat area. Easily repairable.
6) Car is only half converted to springs. I have the front struts to complete the conversion but I also now have a new compressor to change it all back to air. Decisions, decisions.
7) Hood is from a '93 and color isn't the same shade of red but no one seems to notice.
8) CD changer doesn't work. Whose does?

The nice thing is, there isn't anything on my list that can't be fixed without too much trouble.

swapping the stereo is pretty easy, just need the right harness

Will b doing a complete audio upgrade shortly. New speakers thru out plus tweets in pillars and 2 to 4 subs with a great disclosure setup. Sound deadening the whole car thru out as well.

power steering pump
drivers front fender
front bumper
grill
trim above the gril and headlights
drivers side marker light
a few dead speakers
ac system
rear sway bar endlinks
rear sub frame bushings
o2 sensors
lincoln key cover on trunk lid
exhaust from cats back
front brakes
rear shocks
front strut bushings
drivers side window gear
passenger side door window switch
a few fuel supply problems
and last but not least a slowing/stopping drivers seat motor i plan on getting 1/4 to 1/2 this list done next summer

Front UCA's
Transmission
Something under the car making a terrible grinding noise (will find out tomorrow)
Power antenna
D/S power window switch bezel
Steering column hood
And that's about it.

Lets see....

Radiator still leaks a wee bit under 35 degrees. Going on 3 years...... Maybe before next winter.

Thought I fixed my seatbelt retractor but it looks like i'll need to lube em' up this time.

A Leak somewhere underneath, not sure if it the trans dipstick oring or rear seal. Will inspect in spring.

Other then that she's good to go. Got the uca's and shocks replaced in November and did some little things before winter.

1. Transmission takes 1-2 seconds to get into drive.

2. Paint chipping on the front fender and drivers door.

3. Small leak as I do loose radiator fluid somewhere.

4. Motor mounts

5. Need tires

6. Front driver side seat feels like its strianed when it moves back and forth.

7. Passenger seat doesn't move sometimes but i think it's my electrical plug since I removed it and since then it has been acting up

8. Low washer fluid warning.

Radiator leaks as well as trans fluid from the radiator fitting..new radiator should fix both problems.

UCA ball joint boots have disintegrated..no clucking or excessive wear noted on ball joints but just going to replace them since im sure they're original

Sway bar end link boots also starting to split..replacing them the same time I do UCAs

Rear shock mounts junk..have new ones but haven't gotten around to replacing...soon.

Members online

No members online now.
Back