What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

You could still stick with a Mark. The VII was a fox chassis. :D

Or....... You could find a 4cyl fox with a bent rod for a couple hundred bux and drive it home. Then buy a running explorer 5.0 drivetrain and rear end for another couple hundred bucks a piece. Little bit of work and you got a low budget 5.0 fox.

Every time I see an ANV edition T-bird for sale the people want insaine money for it.

Every time I see an ANV edition T-bird for sale the people want insaine money for it.

Had no idea that was an ANV Eddition, hadn't researched it yet. Just liked the look, curious if I'll get a call. They're paying $40/month for an out in the open spot. Lady in the office couldn't give me any info :(

Pulled codes on my CEL this morning. Turns out I have a catalyst defficiency on bank 2. I assume that when I drove it home 40 miles running on 3 cylinders, all that raw gas being dumped into the exhaust frakked up the cat. Hopefully a little Seafoam in the intake and gas will cure it. Other than that, she's running great. Only other thing that worries me is that the computer's showing 18.9 ave mpg since reset yesterday, but I filled up yesterday with 93 octane and with 56 miles on the trip odo the needle is on 3/4 tank. Something's not right. That would mean I will only see about 224 miles out of this tank. I usually get 340+ on a tank (if I let it run down to the "E"). I'm hoping that the needle's reading wrong because it was parked on an incline last night. But I've started and stopped it at least 3 times this morning on the way to work. I guess I'll fill it up again on the way home and see what's what.

Must've been a hickup with the gas gauge. It's on 1/2 tank now with 228 miles on the odo and the trip computer is showing 19.8mpg now. I think all is well. Still haven't seafoamed 'er yet. Hopefully I can do that this weekend. CEL is still on. I was kinda hoping it would burn itself clean. No dice yet. I don't want to have to get a new cat. This my sound like a stupid question, but which is bank 2? I'm assuming it's the driver side bank.

Must've been a hickup with the gas gauge. It's on 1/2 tank now with 228 miles on the odo and the trip computer is showing 19.8mpg now. I think all is well. Still haven't seafoamed 'er yet. Hopefully I can do that this weekend. CEL is still on. I was kinda hoping it would burn itself clean. No dice yet. I don't want to have to get a new cat. This my sound like a stupid question, but which is bank 2? I'm assuming it's the driver side bank.

Correct. Bank 2 is driver's side.

Just took delivery of my new air spring. I couldn't be happier and will put it in this weekend.

I'm glad that I don't have to cross my fingers for anything since it's OEM.

Okay. This sucks! I have had a squeal under the hood of the Mark for a couple of weeks. I could spray lube on the tensioner pulley and it would quit. Therefore, I thought the pulley was bad. So yesterday, I replaced both pulleys. Didn't fix the squeal. Upon further inspection under the hood, I found that the A/C clutch hub outer ring has apparently detatched from the triangular center section and is contacting the pulley and squealing. My question is, can I replace that part without taking the compressor off? I haven't worked on an A/C compressor since I replaced the one on my Exploder. It looks like there is a bolt in the center of the hub of the compressor. Hopefully, I can take that bolt out and pull the disc off and replace it. I really, REALLY don't want to have to take that compressor off. It looks like a PITA. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2011-12-08113240.jpg

just finished wiring the hid bulbs9006 8k in the headlights testing to see if the ballast work properly.... what u think

Last edited:
Havn't done anything as of late. I can't say she likes the cold weather though, but she's getting through it fine thus far. Just not looking forward to finding out how she handles in the snow. If she let's loose when I feather the throttle in the rain it'll be a LONG winter if we get as much snow as they say we will.

just finished wiring the hid bulbs9006 8k in the headlights testing to see if the ballast work properly.... whsat u think

That looks pretty:) I'd like to see a more "focused" pic though.

And I've got a bit more bad news. I just watched the back of my car drop to the ground. The dropping was accompanied by a nice little hissssss. I had just parked the car in the parking lot at work and it was on an incline with the rear facing down hill. It pumped back up and I turned it around and so far it's level. So I've definitely got a leaky bag. 14 year old bags with 195K miles on them. I think they've lasted longer than they should have:D Looks like I've got three options: Slime the bags until I can get new ones at tax time, drive it like it is and hope they hold up until tax time, or park the car and drive the Exploder until tax time. Decisions, decisions...

heard sliming is messin never done it and convert it... i may havent desiced yet

heard sliming is messin never done it and convert it... i may havent desiced yet

It's not advisable. However, I've done it before as a band-aid until I could get new springs and had no issues. If I do it, it's only going to be so I can drive the car relatively safely until I can get new bags. The stuff works great as a temporary fix. And I have absolutely no plans whatsoever to ever convert my Mark to coils. And the front air shocks are both almost brand new. I love my air ride:D

Thats just so hawt! *drools* Now get some good pics so i can make it my desktop pic!

I did an oil change on one of the Marks today! :) Wasn't too much of a hassle. Almost fainted when I saw the position of the oil filter but swapping it wasn't too bad actually.
Also realised that the Mark is utterly useless in the winter, and I bought it for a winter beater.
Anyone have a suggestion of how to fix the grip? It's utterly useless. The grip is just not there! I have good studded tires on. What shall I do? 200lbs of dog food in the trunk or what? o_O Getting stuck everywhere.
On the other hand, the front end grip on the car is amazing, almost no need for ABS on it! Just lacks the rear end grip, badly.

Members online

Back