What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

-sapp.. lol ya i pick that one up for a decent price and so far i replaced the compressor and the header panel and the pass headlight and a hid converstion kit and thats all for right now i just want to get it on the road and go from there....

Going to a local junkyard I just found out about and see if they are any Marks in there.

Will be hunting for a front/driver's air spring and some minor interior pieces.

Going to a local junkyard I just found out about and see if they are any Marks in there.

Will be hunting for a front/driver's air spring and some minor interior pieces.

If there are any Gen1s, I'm hunting for a grill, I need any with the surround frame and center intact

took out my headlights, fixed my grille so its up like its supposed to be not slouched over like me in school :) gonna send jamie my headlights during the week, can't wait to have them redone!

If there are any Gen1s, I'm hunting for a grill, I need any with the surround frame and center intact

Just came back. There was only one G1, actually the only Mark in the entire place.

I didn't notice a grill, all air springs/bags gone, but engine/trans were still intact.

:(

Cracked the garage door, fired it up, loaded some new music onto the hard drive, and jammed out for a bit.

polished my drivers side headlight before and after pictures tell me what u guys think.thats using the GM headlight restore kit wow right i was surprised i used the autozone kit and that was a pos but this is amazing...

2011-11-26082644-1.jpg

after:

_3temp.gif

Last edited:
shoppin and came across these what do u think

helo844.jpg

Last edited:
shoppin and came across these what do u think

helo844.jpg

I like em

If you end up getting them, apply some thread locker or Teflon tape around those screws for the black inserts, those screws back out very easily (which is why I never cared for that style wheel) but they look nice

on ebay for 850 and i have a set of tires in the shed waiting for some wheels to put on them- sapp should i keep here the same color or paint here a different color im leaning towards blk or keep her factory color??? AGGGGHHHUUUUHHHHH

These cars around worth roughly $2K-$3K, the factory paint is at LEAST 14 years old..paint it whatever color you want. I like black, but it's hard to keep clean looking. I think if you're picking a wheel with color inserts, that they should match the car

id like it blk with the ivory interior the headerpanel and the bumper are already from a blk on blk mark here at the pull a part in charlotte im leaning more towards blk from ur gen 2

Well I finally did it. I pulled the trigger and ordered a new OEM air spring for the driver side. Should come out to about $345~ including shipping.

polished my drivers side headlight before and after pictures tell me what u guys think.thats using the GM headlight restore kit wow right i was surprised i used the autozone kit and that was a pos but this is amazing...

2011-11-26082644-1.jpg

after:

_3temp.gif

Incredible and motivating for me lol If you can get yours to look like that, I shouldn't have a prob myself.

honestestly that is the GM headlight kit here at work and yes i work for the other side but het there paying me to go to school and be a certified GM tech and ive been here almost a year ..... i can do urs if ud like pm and we can go from there

Finally got motivated and removed my drivers side UCA and inner and outer tie rods. I still have to get the LCA off and replace the strut rod bushings. The car has been sitting since late June and I am just now getting the urge to finish it.

Changed Oil, AIC, crank case vent hoses...Thermostat/gasket and a bottle of coolant on it's way

Welp.... tonight after work, my alternator dies! :mad::mad:

I had no choice but to drive to VatoZone and buy their "Duralast" alternator, $194 (core included) down the toilet.

I put the thing on and won't go over 13.7 volts. The old one was 14+.

It was the only one they had in stock.

Goodbye Christmas presents.

This HAD to happen after buying a new OEM air spring just a couple days ago.

Members online

No members online now.
Back