What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

New battery and also took off my evap tray and cleaned it up and put Chassis Saver on it, shouldn't rust anymore.

EvapTray2.jpg

EvapTray1.jpg

Welp.... tonight after work, my alternator dies! :mad::mad:

I had no choice but to drive to VatoZone and buy their "Duralast" alternator, $194 (core included) down the toilet.

I put the thing on and won't go over 13.7 volts. The old one was 14+.

It was the only one they had in stock.

Goodbye Christmas presents.

This HAD to happen after buying a new OEM air spring just a couple days ago.

Sorry to hear about that. If you are in a position to buy one online get 1 of these and get a refund.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-FORD-MU...s=Model:Mark+VIII&vxp=mtr&hash=item53e995cad0

They have a good rep and mine is going on a year. Charges @14.5-6 on startup and rests at 14.3~. 14.2~ with lights ect on. For 100 bucks shipped you can't go wrong.

Well where do i start.. Its been a while so the progress is a bit lengthy.. (really is that even a word??? Lol )

1, New Battery Duralast Gold 1000CCA. Dual Post.
2, New front Brakes, repaint calipers Fire engine Red
3, week later rear brakes, repaint calipers and 1 rotor. (Had bad manufactured Pad, it shredded and then took the rotor.) :mad:
4, 4 New Tires (General Altimax RT's) possibly the best investment so far.. great traction in rain and on dry road surface, waiting to test in the upcoming snow. 440.00 for everything not a bad price.:D
5, New Cat Back Exhaust stayed with the 2.5 inch and Flowmaster 40's (need the replacement of the front cat on passenger side still, the assembly is rotting behind the sheild on the cat.
6, replaced factory head unit with my trusty Alpine CDA9813
7, replaced Factory HID Bulb on drivers side Thanks M_Maker
8, Changed oil.
9, replaced rear air bags Thanks DLF and whoever he got them from... lol
10, Ordered and waiting on new Air Suspension Compressor from AmericanAirSusspension. Thanks Eddie.
11, Inner Tierod end replaced
12, Lifetime Allignment..

Still in progress...
1, Defrost Switch (has bad light bulb in it Think i have to replace entire switch..)
2, Message Center Buttons- Has no lights in buttons, waiting for replacement on that.
3, need to replace light in dash, the one over the fuel gauge is out, the whole dash is dim so replace them all i will! lol
4, complete stereo rewire 3 sets of RCA's and 4 gauge power, and all four corners, installing my infinity reference set in the rear and putting true infinity components up front. Still need subs and amp for subs..
5, install Air Compressor when it arrives from Eddie.
6, repair light bulbs under cruise control covers.

Doesn't it always seem to be a never ending adventure with our cars..:confused:

5, New Cat Back Exhaust stayed with the 2.5 inch and Flowmaster 40's (need the replacement of the front cat on passenger side still, the assembly is rotting behind the sheild on the cat.

9, replaced rear air bags Thanks DLF and whoever he got them from... lol

Well, your exhaust certainly needed to be changed :eek:, and you're welcome.

Sorry to hear about that. If you are in a position to buy one online get 1 of these and get a refund.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-FORD-MU...s=Model:Mark+VIII&vxp=mtr&hash=item53e995cad0

They have a good rep and mine is going on a year. Charges @14.5-6 on startup and rests at 14.3~. 14.2~ with lights ect on. For 100 bucks shipped you can't go wrong.

Thanks man. I will keep this in mind if I can return the one I just bought (I used the box to return the old one as a core)

Well, your exhaust certainly needed to be changed :eek:, and you're welcome.

Considering last month one of the flowmasters fell off on the pa turnpike yea it needed attention..:rolleyes:

But things are slowly progressing... :D

Ordered my new set of coils today. 2-6 days for shipping. Crossing my fingers they get here on Friday so I can drive the car down to Charleston SC on Saturday. I'm not counting on it though.

Whatcha doing in Charleston? I JUST moved from there a couple weeks ago. Now I'm in Columbia, SC....

Started her up and went for a ride just to find out the drivers front tire is leaking.

It must needs a bath!

I got my new coils and installed them today. Didn't have time to take the car out for a spin, but HOLY CRAP!!! The thing runs soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better now!! The exhaust even sounds different! My coils were junk. These new ones changed the whole attitude of the car. It idles sooooooooo much smoother and revs up quicker. It's awesome!!!!!

I got my new coils and installed them today. Didn't have time to take the car out for a spin, but HOLY CRAP!!! The thing runs soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better now!! The exhaust even sounds different! My coils were junk. These new ones changed the whole attitude of the car. It idles sooooooooo much smoother and revs up quicker. It's awesome!!!!!

Good to hear it fixed your problem.

I get a hard stumble every once in a while when I ease into the throttle and idling is not the smoothest. Where did you get all your coils and $?

Put a Duralast rotor on in place of the Rock Auto one I had just put on. Freaking Rock Auto one was so out of true I could feel it in the steering wheel even :eek:

Sad part is the Blue eyed Blonde girl that sold it to me told me it was her last day working there :(

Pulled the molding off the drivers side door to tackle the rust before we get another snow storm (which we probably wont seeing as I put the WinterForces on her last month), and found that someone already bondoed over the rust. What a bunch of idiots. Yay for more work then I originally thought! Hope to have it spot blasted and primed by mid week.

Just came back from quarter car wash and saw they have a debt card swipe on it now. So washed the grimy engine down and noticed I could have done a better job than I did :mad:
Markside.jpg

Pulled the molding off the drivers side door to tackle the rust before we get another snow storm (which we probably wont seeing as I put the WinterForces on her last month), and found that someone already bondoed over the rust. What a bunch of idiots. Yay for more work then I originally thought! Hope to have it spot blasted and primed by mid week.

Yeah, the lower doors love to rust up.. My drivers side isn't bad but I did the pass side last year. Took the grinder to it, sanded, sprayed on some rust primer stuff then painted/cleared it. So far so good, a decent temp(likely perma) fix. Just doesn't look like sh!t anymore. :)

Went to a storage building auction and seen this sitting there.... Left a note, it's got nice leather interior and body's not bad. Oh yeah, put my Mark up for the winter..

2c32cf4f.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back