What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Finally got to spray the 2nd coat on my front bumper

546092ec.jpg

70302a84.jpg

Posted it for sale... kind of a bitter sweet thing cause I like the car but also want to move onto something else. Also posted another one in the fleet for sale.

I washed mine. I also fixed the cupholder, ash tray and gear selector. It's only day one with the car so there's plenty of little things to attend to. I did get to take some pics but seeing as i'm about to go take a nap uploading them tonight is out of the question.

Tomorrow it gets plates and registration. needless to say... i'll be checking my tire pressure and going for a nice drive.

Suction cups can blow me...

91b20448.jpg

If they can put a compass IN the mirror...why won't someone make one with a radar detector in it?

I've installed a new headunit in my spare parts Mark.
But now I really got to see how bad the original speakers are.

So I'm looking at new speakers and I've found what I'm gonna buy. Just need to sell my DSLR first.

Most likely putting in B2 Audio ES6.1 6.5" in the doors: http://b2-audio.com/speakers.html
Powered by this little monster: http://www.bilstereoshopen.se/b2-audio-quattro-mkii-4-kanaler/16-0 (lol at the mixed english and swedish on the site)
And in the back this one: http://www.blekingebilradio.se/product.html/b2-audio-as12 (skit the Swedish and jump to the specs on the bottom)
And it will be powered by this: http://www.blekingebilradio.se/product.html/b2-audio-quota

It's all Swedish built stuff so it's quite hard to find a site in english for them.

But anyways what do you guys think?

I've got a few ideas about the placement of the sub. THere's 3 of them.
Keep in mind, I don't want lots of bass, I want sound quality (and also be able to turn it up loud).
One of the ideas is having it aimed upwards through the rear deck by the rear glass.
Other one is either having it forward or backwards. But I mostly want it upwards because then I can build a wall sealing it in from the rest of the boot making it totally invisible :)

Has anyone tried all 3 or atleast 2 of the ways with a sub?

last night i washed her followed by a polish then a wax. and took her to my first car show. im running strait pipes and as i got out of my car (only domestic car there at the time) i heard a couple guys saying i never seen one of those before.

then a couple guys showed up in mercury grand marques.

Emptied the ziplock bag I put in place to catch a water leak. It was half full by lunch. :(

Playing around with some products at work, since this is a spare hood I'm just using it for some practice

bc3c27f9.jpg

It needs to be hit with some 1500 - 2000 grit, but I don't have any and I'm bored waiting on a grill to dry

Playing around with some products at work, since this is a spare hood I'm just using it for some practice

bc3c27f9.jpg

It needs to be hit with some 1500 - 2000 grit, but I don't have any and I'm bored waiting on a grill to dry

whats the cutter, like a rubbing compound? i sprayed my bumper on the car, man I couldn't stand looking at the faded haze from the florida sun. came out good used 600, then 1000 wetsand and duplicolor match. should i put clear on it or just polish it the way it is?

Clear then 2000 gritt wetsand then glaze with a light cut glaze with a wool pad.

Them dang Jones' done did it again, I can ne'er keep up!
I swear to all that is holy one fuggin day you will actually listen to something I tell you. I have told you about them, showed you pics and even shown you the same youtube video.
*smacks face* Wake up!

washed her to day took off the 20s put back on the stock wheels and put her under the carport and covered her up for the winter

I swear to all that is holy one fuggin day you will actually listen to something I tell you. I have told you about them, showed you pics and even shown you the same youtube video.
*smacks face* Wake up!

Nobody ever listens to TURTLE!

Bout got my hood done...
0d4fc694.jpg

MarkLCA.jpg
Went to friends house to put my car on his lift to get a look see at what I was going to be looking forward to tomorrow morning doing LCA's.

He wanted to change just the joint as he has the tools to take them out with the LCA in the car. So brought one to his pole barn and luckily it happened to be the same side that was bad on the car (Drivers).

So since I had the right one there we swapped it in. Then even tho I had to take a trip to my house to get the strut rod bushings we got it done in a hour.

Now I have to buy a sway bar link and install my power steering line when I go back tomorrow :(

Well, the back end was on the ground this morning:( Haven't driven the car in about three days, so the leak is slow. But it looks like I need some rear air springs. Can't complain much though, they're 14 years old with 194K miles on 'em!! Anybody got any decent shape rear springs for cheap?

Members online

No members online now.
Back