What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Finally got to wiring my boston g2s in parralell doing 2 ohms at 2200 watts rms and they take it all day long! I get windsheild flex.ffs! Overall im happy with it.

looked out the window at it started crying a little seeing the plastic over the back window.
still arguing with insurance company .they told me that my fisrt document i sent to them didnt have enough info so i had to redo it again last night. this time i put mileage, location ,vin phone number , price and options . out of the 10 97 lsc's i found for sale in the U.S. the price averaged almost $5,500! hopefully they will figure this out !

Me and my big btother put on my coil conversion kit today. and did the thermostat too. I can't wait to put better springs and shocks (vogtlands and tokico blues).

Replaced the idler pulley and with the new belt it runs and feels better. I am thinking of replacing the water pump with a Cobra pump even though my stocker is still working fine.

Yeah but problem is that kit looks cheesy for the most part. If I was to do a remote kit DLF sells a real nice looking one but at the same time I am a machinist and hate to pay for something I can make myself :(

So make one. -or- Pay for your laziness, we're Americans, that's how we roll. :D

Yeah but problem is that kit looks cheesy for the most part. If I was to do a remote kit DLF sells a real nice looking one but at the same time I am a machinist and hate to pay for something I can make myself :(

Why would you even consider making something like that and have to still buy the hose and bolts and crap over a $36.00 kit from Summit? My time is worth more than that an hr. Or just get it from DLF, either way it is cheaper than man hr time and material not to mention trial and error factor.

Changed the tranny fluid and filter in the '96 yesterday. Almost got rained out, but it quit long enough for me to get the pan back on and fill it up.

Didn't do a dang thing to either of them today. It's been raining all day.:(

Why would you even consider making something like that and have to still buy the hose and bolts and crap over a $36.00 kit from Summit? My time is worth more than that an hr. Or just get it from DLF, either way it is cheaper than man hr time and material not to mention trial and error factor.

I would consider making it because I am a machinist and I hate buying things I can make. It is not that difficult as I have made pieces for the first Gulf War, parts still orbiting the earth in satellites and parts for nuclear reactors in China as of my knowledge are still functioning perfectly. So making a remote Oil Filter for a Mark VIII is really not that difficult and a lot more trustworthy than a potmetal, rubber hose Elcheapo Summit deal :rolleyes: Glad your time is worth more than paying for something that probably came from China :confused:

However as of last checking my shop is not set up in it's new location so all the equipment is just sitting there pissing me off :mad:

Ordered my pioneer avh-p3200dvd tonight. I've had the harness,bypass,loaded sd card and dash kit sitting here patiantly for the last week and a half.

Started rewireing and fitting the new f+r comps tonight. FUN

Replaced Antenna & Remote

I replaced the original Motor Antenna with a Manual one since my radio won't turn off, and it didn't work. It was unplugged when I bought the car, and when I hooked it up and tried the radio control, the motor hummed but no movement. Maybe the nylon teeth are stripped. I got a manual one for 12.99 that goes all the way down, so it's safe in carwashes and from vandals. I also got a Remote Entry key from iKeyless, followed the instructions and it works! It's a lot cheaper than a Ford Dealer. :p

2b1de99d.jpg

Learnin to walk again i guess, can't afford more tires

are those the wheels you just got off laser's black 98? if so you cant tell me you didnt see how shot they were when you put them on the car, that didnt happen in a week and a half.

Yeah I kinda felt bad but I warned him, then tried to talk him out of it then offered him a trade back after the first one blew and I saw that two of the wheels have a nasty bend in them. I cant throw 4 on the car though to sell it though. :(

Out of my hands now though. Offered to let him use my black car but instead we threw the spare wheels I had on the back and two spares he had on the front till he can afford new rubber.

Yeah I kinda felt bad but I warned him, then tried to talk him out of it then offered him a trade back after the first one blew and I saw that two of the wheels have a nasty bend in them. I cant throw 4 on the car though to sell it though. :(

Out of my hands now though. Offered to let him use my black car but instead we threw the spare wheels I had on the back and two spares he had on the front till he can afford new rubber.

What size are they Bill?

Members online

Back