What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Oh wow. Are they the 555-4 or the 555-2?

If they are the2's then you can run that amp at 1ohm and I bet its birth certificate rates it around 3000 watts. :eek:

That will be redonculous!!!

of course the 2 ohm ones wired in parallel to 1 ohm i hope i got enough sound dampener and padding around the ballast !

b134bd89.jpg

snapped a quick cell phone pic of the lincoln with the 98 cobra wheels on the front... I like it :)

Drove the '96 to work this morning. Apparently, as long as it is sitting at just the right hight, the rear will stay pumped up. I went out and checked it about an hour ago and it's still sitting pretty as you please in the parking lot. The only reason I drove it today is because the Explorer is out of gas and I'm broke:D. I should have some rear bags on the way soon (thanks a bundle JDS353!). Then she'll be back in business again!

washed it, cleaned the door jams, cleaned the windows,armoraled the int, vacumed it ect..

Washed the hell out of it then restored the headlights..... then watched the heavy rain start followed by heavy winds thats blowing the rain and lawn clippings all over the car. :(

Performed a blood transfusion of Valvoline 5-30 and a new Wix filter.
Car wash & Zaino wax tomorrow and a new set of Motorcraft 764's soon.

Wasn't exactly TO the Mark8, but I bought a bunch of new tools today, got a full set harmonic pulley puller, a few grinding disks, an obd1/2 scanner, an actuated caliper tool set, and a brand new Matco Tool box...grand total for all the was over $5000...Laser post a pic of my new box mang! ;-)

Wasn't exactly TO the Mark8, but I bought a bunch of new tools today, got a full set harmonic pulley puller, a few grinding disks, an obd1/2 scanner, an actuated caliper tool set, and a brand new Matco Tool box...grand total for all the was over $5000...Laser post a pic of my new box mang! ;-)
1-12.jpg

2-10.jpg

Installed the new pulley and dropped the boost to an ultra safe 8psi. New IATS installed and new IAC. Didnt know my old IAC was completly not working, Cars stuck at 1100rpm idle now untill Tuesday when they rewrite the tune.

took some 0000 steel wool to the much neglected speedstars and removed the faded black lines from the centercaps. wow the rims never looked this chrome holy crap. bling bling! fixed the pass seat track that my brother in law and nephew managed to make stop working on the way to the meet last saturday. turned out to be a blown 30 amp maxi under the hood. little bastards, leave the seat alone!

took some 0000 steel wool to the much neglected speedstars and removed the faded black lines from the centercaps. wow the rims never looked this chrome holy crap. bling bling! fixed the pass seat track that my brother in law and nephew managed to make stop working on the way to the meet last saturday. turned out to be a blown 30 amp maxi under the hood. little bastards, leave the seat alone!

Set it where you want it, unplug....pissed my ol lady off like that...but..seat functions as a seat without the fear of It getting forward shut down again

Installed headlight relay harness and polished my lenses. No yellow and brighter!

Bought front and rear solid sway bars from a junkyard off a 92 TBird SC to install this weekend.'

New Bosch wipers.

Did brake pads last wknd.

Oh there's a Lincoln in that pic? All I saw was that '68(?) Mustang!!!

Okay...found the Lincoln. It's behind the classic Mustang! Nice wheels!

lol 67 but thats not mine... for right now im just storing the car in my dads garage until i can get one of my own... :)

Getting throttle cable replaced and new tps sensor. Yesterday going down the highway i was accelerating to pass a car and all of a sudden my gas peddle went right to the floor and the car rolled to a stop. stranded me on the side of the road. Just a little FYI ford has discontinued the throttle cable for the Mark 8. Only other option I had was get one from autozone that was universal...sure hope it will work...

Replace fuel pump

Just replace fuel pump and now I am on to the fuel fuel filter. What a pain it was to put everything back together.

Getting throttle cable replaced and new tps sensor. Yesterday going down the highway i was accelerating to pass a car and all of a sudden my gas peddle went right to the floor and the car rolled to a stop. stranded me on the side of the road. Just a little FYI ford has discontinued the throttle cable for the Mark 8. Only other option I had was get one from autozone that was universal...sure hope it will work...

or contact me for a factory one since i have about 3 million lol!

well is I come to find out I now need one from you Jamie...the one from autozone will not work. and nobody in my area has one for my wonderful 93 mark 8. and who would have thought that i will not be able to drive her all weekend. Had some nice plans lol. let me know what you want for one and we can go from there. Thanks Ryan

Slapped in 8 new OEM coils today and wasnt expecting to feel a difference. Car starts way faster and throttle respnse is much improved. Plus it got rid of the mid RPM clatter. :wrench

Started rechroming the side trim molding on my '96. The chrome strip in the molding is starting to turn white and bubble up in places. So I bought some chrome trim tape and went to work. I think it looks pretty good, except for just a little wrinkling on the passenger side front - which I will redo soon. The rest looks pretty cool. I've only done the front bumper and rear fender on the driver side so far. I'll probably finish tomorrow.(Yeah, I know my headlights look like $hit:D)
mark viii chrome 1.jpg
mark viii chrome 2.jpg
mark viii chrome 3.jpg
mark viii chrome 4.jpg

mark viii chrome 1.jpg

mark viii chrome 2.jpg

mark viii chrome 3.jpg

mark viii chrome 4.jpg

today i was going to get some head lamps that were perfectly clear from a garage sale around me but they got bought for 20$ before i could get back

Started rechroming the side trim molding on my '96. The chrome strip in the molding is starting to turn white and bubble up in places. So I bought some chrome trim tape and went to work. I think it looks pretty good, except for just a little wrinkling on the passenger side front - which I will redo soon. The rest looks pretty cool. I've only done the front bumper and rear fender on the driver side so far. I'll probably finish tomorrow.(Yeah, I know my headlights look like $hit:D)
View attachment 56458
View attachment 56459
View attachment 56460
View attachment 56461

i did that today to it was easy the difference is amazing you'll love it when its all done i also got to drive with my reinstalled chip (thanks for the help everyone) and i love it got the subs dialed in and blew up a bunch of crap! all in all it was a great day!

Members online

No members online now.
Back