What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

after many failed attepts at reglueing my rearview mirror back on i finally fixed it...took a 2" diameter plastic saucer, glued the metal tab on and the glued it to the windshield....It needed alot more mounting area thus the reason for the suacer...Looks great.. Its so nice to finally have a rearview f'n mirror again....Dam my stereo.

Ah, so the goop finnaly went in the valves huh? Or did it gunk up the compressor? I am curious to know exactly why its on the ground.

Nah. It's the rear springs on the '96. No goop in those. Just the fronts. The rears are original, 14 years old. Thy've leaked before around the dryrot cracks at the fold. I adjusted the height sensor to raise it just a little to close the cracks and they have been doing fine for years. I suppose they finally developed some more cracks. Probably beyond fixing now. As far as the rest of the system, no problems yet.

Washed mine, swept it out whiped down the motor and inside and went to Jamies meet in tampa

Well i got my rear end unbolted, my problem is now, how the fu--ck do you get the rear bolt on the lower control arm off, first i pb penetrated it... nothing... then i used a map gas torch and torched the piss out of it, my guess is that there was nylon on the bolt and that shi--t made a mess on the floor... and still nothing, how the hell do i get that bolt off?

Cut the hood some more and trimmed up the throttle bracket some so I could drop the hood down some. Lines up nice now but still gonna have to do something about moving that bracket down.
Then I checked out my fan issue for the AC. Cleaned and tightened the connector and on the process noticed something unusual. My Fan plug is different from GMANs 97 and so it seems the 98's have a specific blower motor then the rest of the Marks.

Door Handle ;[

As we all know it... My door handle on my Pearl White 98 popped today... Any1 with a replacement? :mad:

IMAG0016 (2).jpg

Removed the driver side HID and wet sanded the housing yesterday. Today I'm going to remove the passenger side HID and wet sand that housing. Tomorrow I'll be fabbing a setup for the DDM tuning HID's I bought and using DLF's adapter. I can't wait to see what the 9006 6000k's look like.

I completed the front hub swap and put the 98 cobra rims on it... ill get pics when i get a chance and am home... in a couple of weeks the rear will be done... just in time for the beach party hopefully... :)

Got my new rotors in and the GT500 sensor. Bought a new IAC and shorter belt then ordered an underdrive crank, wideband and 8 new coils.

Bought a Glitch ballast for the 98. Later fried the Glitch ballast towing my boat. Now I know why the neon didn't work in the first place:Bang
I also got my ASHAM8 in today. I just have to figure out where to mount it now.......

thaywood i have a pair of rear bags for a gen 1 setting in the garage if you want them. i think they are off mikes red turned burnt copper 95when we done it. today i changed air filter and put a new optima yellow top in the new 95 the motorcraft was getting low on power playing cd,s. have 8400 on the 95 now.

DSC01315.jpg

DSC01314.jpg

bad pics. Have to sand the clear and re-clear. Didn't have the gun set correctly but no tiger stripes so I'm happy.

Looked... But, as we know it, no LH Pearl Wht! Anywho. :confused:

Yeah. But there are some LH door handles. You could get one and paint it. I had to get a blue RH one for my '96 and paint it to match. It's not exactly right. I had to use torreador red because I couldn't find bright torreador. But you can't tell from a distance.:)

thaywood i have a pair of rear bags for a gen 1 setting in the garage if you want them. i think they are off mikes red turned burnt copper 95when we done it. today i changed air filter and put a new optima yellow top in the new 95 the motorcraft was getting low on power playing cd,s. have 8400 on the 95 now.

Sounds good. Sent you a PM.:)

Blow water out of #8 well, cleaned connections, etc. that got wet when I did an engine cleaning, was giving me a #8 misfire code. Replace non-working back-up camera with new cheapie from Honk Kong. Works good.

finally finished building this! somehow wedged it in the trunk . measured it all out and amp rack still in way have to figure out how to take out amp rack from inside the car, and still buy more wire!I ALREADY GOT $400 INTO WIRING ALONE! BUT ITS GOING TO WORTH IT.
do you think these will make some boom?

subbox.jpg

HOLY CHIT!!!!!! I am soooooooo fuggin jealous!! I want one of those so freakin bad. I am really contemplating selling my G5 and ordering one of them.
Crap mang, one will vibrate you sterile! Two is gonna be nuts! I forgot, what are ya gonna use to drive them? Alpine PDX?

Members online

No members online now.
Back