What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

What size are those germanshepard? I have a pretty nice parts car the same color as yours man, kinda of a shame to part this thing out. I think it had transmission trouble and the owner sold it to the junkyard. I now work for the guy and will try to buy the whole car

00n0n_bIEjLWkyy6y_1200x900.jpg

00N0N_f5MXb9gMxwC_1200x900.jpg

They are 255/50-16s.
How much for that car? Maybe we could both rob it of parts? Let me know I'd be interested in doing something with it. I could use a spare ballast if that one works.
BTW I'm going to be at Edgewater running my Lincoln Saturday the 4th.

Had the Oil pressure light go on today at a traffic light after a highway run.
Pulled over and checked the oil level and it was at the full mark.
Started it back up, Oil light was flickering and having some valve train noise.
Did not see any obvious leaks and engine temp was normal.
Drove it about a half mile and shut it down.

Oil is Maxlife 5-20 with the MCraft Filter, has about 1200 miles since the change but is past due from time and not the miles.

Will do a oil and filter change for starters. Not sure of the plan after that if no change.

Had the Oil pressure light go on today at a traffic light after a highway run.
Pulled over and checked the oil level and it was at the full mark.
Started it back up, Oil light was flickering and having some valve train noise.
Did not see any obvious leaks and engine temp was normal.
Drove it about a half mile and shut it down.

Oil is Maxlife 5-20 with the MCraft Filter, has about 1200 miles since the change but is past due from time and not the miles.

Will do a oil and filter change for starters. Not sure of the plan after that if no change.

could be the oil pump... its 24 years old. start looking into plugging in a mechanical gauge into it to confirm pressure. valvetrain noise is def loss of pressure

possible pump failure.
they do not wear out, but they have been known to crack gears.

goes without saying i hope, but don't drive it anymore.
chances are it will need an engine if you do, if it doesn't need one already.

pump replacement involves engine disassembly all the way to the point of removing the timing chains.

Hopefully it's something simple with a collapsed filter.
If it's the Pump and the required MX expense, it might not be worth it to keep the Mark on the rode.
Thinking the pan would have to be dropped also.

The Mark is dying a slow death. Metal chips in the oil probably bearing material.
The noise I thought was valve train is from farther down and aft around the crankshaft.

Will try to sell it as is, and see what happens.

I have two Mark VIII's now. Going to do some fun things with Dad's Mark VIII. Bought a set set of cougar wheels, 17 in, on the cheap from a kid in Mooresvile, NC. So have been researching how to redrill the rear hubs/rotors. Sounds like I can replace the front hubs with mustang hubs. I would be broke if it were not for RockAuto!
image.jpg
I need to change my list of cars...Mazda long gone...

Smashed my grill with my quad. My 6" Alien is a beast and I'm old and slow;
grill.jpg

It's one of these and I'm just learning:

Had rear rotors from my 93 cut and installed with new pads onto my 1994. Installed new front Mevotech sway bar links from my fav company, Rock Auto wednesday and yesterday. Threw the old links in the fire and will use them as door handles...ha ha! The 94 is running sweet...road trip to Columbia MO and KC next tuesday! Any body out there in TN, KY, MO have a drill press to help me with a redrill of rear rotors/hubs to a 4.5 bolt pattern? :D Thanks!

Dropped the manifold, plenum, and TB off at the shop to get a seafoam-on-roids (glass bead) treatment (thinking about taking the crossover coolant tube to have all the rust cleaned out of it, too, any thoughts on this?). Dropped the oil. Picked up 8 injector rebuild kits, a boatload of gaskets and filters (4 had to be shipped), new oil, new EGR and IACV, new lug nuts (car came with one per tire), and some seafoam to make a cool video with.
Tomorrow it's dropping the fuel tank to clean and put a new pump and filter in, pick up and post pics of the glass bead byproducts, remove and replace water pump, test raggedy looking alternator, remove and replace power steering pump, and that'll probably be my day (before it reaches 100*).

Today I just recieved the last of my brake parts and got some cinder blocks to prop up the 97 LSC for parts removal. Tomorrow though.... man tomorrow and the two days after will be non-stop work on two Marks. :(

For your safety I hope its a joke about using cinder blocks. Jack stands and raised floor jack as a back up tight against some part of the strong member of the mark in case it slips the stands

Members online

Back