What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

my motorcraft replacement went bad. :confused:
so i am using a parts store brand one now. working fine. :rolleyes:

She's going to Advance to get one tomorrow. I told her that since the FP didn't fix it I'd put the crank sensor on for her Saturday morning. But if that doesn't fix it, she's on her own.

On a lighter note, I have Friday off so I'm going to have my car back on the road by lunchtime if all goes according to plan and it doesn't either rain or snow on me :D

after working all day, I made another snowflake sammich
P3270243_zps9fffbf9f.jpg

---
got a $200 piece of steel in the mail
P3270246_zps45c784b5.jpg

--should get upper shock mounts delivered from AAS tomorrow

She's going to Advance to get one tomorrow. I told her that since the FP didn't fix it I'd put the crank sensor on for her Saturday morning. But if that doesn't fix it, she's on her own.

She's not on her own....Don't fool us!....Your gonna fix it and we all know it!....I would do the same....Take your time, it will come to you!

LCA'S and Strut rod bushing's

When you replace the strut rod bushings, do you leave the inner nut's alone and just replace the bushing's and sleeve's? And that's close enough? (what is the tork spec's?)
How do you know where everything goes back together at? (thread wise?) Should I measure something?

I've searched and came up with nothing!! (for some reason the search doesn't work good on this site)

Gonna have to do this on my own!! (I guess!)
Called the shop today and they want $1300 to replace LCA's, SRB's to frame and SRB's to LCA! This sound's like $1100 to much! (give or take)
I'm pretty sure after reading DLF'S thread that my sleeve's are not going to be good! And will probably have to make my own, or something. (that's a giv'n)

My wife is gonna fricking kill me!

Need some advise from the masters of the Mk VIII's!

In the past week, had replaced plugs,wires, upper control arms (worn ball joints), tie rod ends and tires:steering

Got new Sway Bar Links delivered yesterday and planned on putting them in today. However the weather was kinda iffy so I went and got some Mobil1 Synthetic so when I put them on tomorrow I can do an oil change at the same time.

Also debating on if I am gonna put the Powder Coated valve covers on?

Yeah didn't work on it but prepared for tomorrow :cool:

She's not on her own....Don't fool us!....Your gonna fix it and we all know it!....I would do the same....Take your time, it will come to you!

Yeah. I know...

removed the oem sway and (partially) installed the Addco 1.125''....pass side metal strap didn't line up at first...not sure about the end links...
P3290249_zps99504850.jpg

i thought the new sleeve (Addco part# 008)was supposed to be about 1/2'' to 3/4' shorter than oem for the 1.5'' lowered coils...the one I received from Bill is about 2'' shorter

Got started on installing the OFA this morning. I'm taking my time :D

IMG_20130329_112431.jpg
Teflon tape baby!!!!
IMG_20130329_112553.jpg

IMG_20130329_112853.jpg

Waiting for the thin film of RTV to cure up so the gasket won't slip around while I'm installing it. Should be done in a couple of hours if I'm lucky. :)

IMG_20130329_112431.jpg

IMG_20130329_112553.jpg

IMG_20130329_112853.jpg

OK, I think I'll have no problem making spacers for the front SRB's, this link was more then helpful! I'm gonna go with the stock ford bushings that everyone suggest.
Do the rear SRB's also have a spacer that needs to be changed?
Trying to collect all my parts before tearing this thing apart.

No and Ford still sells the rear ones cheap

New motorcraft front rotors and pads, cleaned up and painted calipers, brackets and dust shield, threw the cobra rs back on and took off the mud flaps..looking for a beater in the mean time to get the mark out of daily driver status.

20130329_163126_zps28a5edfc.jpg

20130329_165936_zps0d5a3339.jpg

bought a belt for the 97, removed the lettering from the neon of the 98 as it was ugly and chrome was pitted. thanks for the goo gone tip uts took like 4-10 minutes to remove

damn kevin those are shiny lol.

i have been hunting an exhaust leak. and i believe i have narrowed it down to the passenger side catalytic converter behind the heat shield...

It's a NEW CAR again!

So finally went out and did the Sway Bar links links this afternoon. When I went to do it the front wheels didn't want to come off because of the new powder coating.

Had to loosen the front lugs put the car back on ground and crank the steering wheel back and forth till the rims popped off :rolleyes:

Then did the oil change and fuel filter while I was at it. Real nice watching the brown fuel spilling out of the old filter :shifty:

So nice to drive a car that is silent when it hits any bumps again:D

New motorcraft front rotors and pads, cleaned up and painted calipers, brackets and dust shield, threw the cobra rs back on and took off the mud flaps..looking for a beater in the mean time to get the mark out of daily driver status.

any rub marks from the flaps?

Nope, no marks, those mud flaps have been on there for 18 years so the paint is fresh underneath.

For the first time since Jan I started working on my mark again. I have it in the air and all wheels off and putting springs under it. Also changing the sway bar end links.

MOOG? Is that what i should go with?

For the first time since Jan I started working on my mark again. I have it in the air and all wheels off and putting springs under it. Also changing the sway bar end links.

MOOG? Is that what i should go with?

Unfortunately I don't remember who the manufacture was of the ones I just put on my car today but I made sure I got ones with grease fittings. the sealed for life ones seem to have a real short life :shifty:

Members online

No members online now.
Back