What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

after working all day, came home and installed a coil (another first time for me), made a snowflake sammich
P3250242_zps9e1e604f.jpg

On another note! It looks like I'm the next one to replace .....
Lower control arm's
Strut rod bushing's, to LCA's and to FRM!

Should I do anything else while I'm there?

UCA's and Stabilizer bar end link's have already been replaced. (last summer)

Car is parked until summer time AGAIN!!! DAM! I love this car! It keep's me on my toes...

get the Ford strut rod bushings. not the aftermarket ones.
inspect the UCAs.
if you have any clunks, you probably need sway bar end links.
inspect your inner and outer tie rods for play.

get the Ford strut rod bushings. not the aftermarket ones.
inspect the UCAs.
if you have any clunks, you probably need sway bar end links.
inspect your inner and outer tie rods for play.

UCA's and End link's are new last summer! Need everything else! Tie rod's are good too! (so far)
Getting ready to order.....
LCA's and SRB's from rockauto.com (ford stuff) to be on the safe side.
Are the SRB's (pictured) for both sides?
Do they come with the metal slaves that are pictured? Or do I make my own?

I'm getting ready to tackle something I know NOTHING about!

the ford bushings are priced individually, and don't come with the sleeves or washers. you need to reuse the ones on the car. unless they are trashed. then you'll need to make something.

Strut rod to K Member bushing:
Inner: FORD E9SZ-3B271-A (two required)
Outer: FORD F7SZ-3A225-AA (two required)

Strut Rod to Lower Control Arm Bushing:
Front: FORD E9SZ3A140A (two required)
Rear: FORD E9SZ3A140B (two required)

What I'm getting is a little bit of a weird noise (kinda like a rubbing or slight grinding noise) only when I turn, but if I spray the lower ball joints (with PB Blaster) it's ok for a week or so. So I'm pretty sure it's the LCA's. Might as well do everything while I'm there....Right? Or is there something else possible going on?
Either way, this car is sitting until summer! AGAIN!

IIRC, the sleeve at the arm is not a precision piece. its there to center the bushing only. so just finding a correctly sized sleeve to put in there would work. just as long as it isn't too long. the idea is to have the tension on the bushing, not the sleeve.

same with the bushing at the frame. i am using the ford bushings with a shortened moog sleeve. and so far, so good.

IIRC, the sleeve at the arm is not a precision piece. its there to center the bushing only. so just finding a correctly sized sleeve to put in there would work. just as long as it isn't too long. the idea is to have the tension on the bushing, not the sleeve.

same with the bushing at the frame. i am using the ford bushings with a shortened moog sleeve. and so far, so good.

You don't have dimension's for these do you? Just asking because I work for a tubing company and can get anything I want! Or make anything I want (out of tube)! I could possibly make or cut these if I only had dimension's!

What's wrong with that stabilizer arm end link??
it's just hanging out, not tied to the LCA....waiting on a new Addco 493 (1 1/8'' rear sway bar) with end links #008...shortened sleeves to accomodate 1.5'' lowered springs

On another note! It looks like I'm the next one to replace .....
Lower control arm's
Strut rod bushing's, to LCA's and to FRM!

Should I do anything else while I'm there?

13'' rotors with Cobra calipers! :cool:

Got my correct oil filter adapter in the mail yesterday :facesjump Should have it installed tomorrow and have the car back on the road again by Thursday at the latest!!! I'm a happy little camper! :)

Dangit! Okay, installed the new fuel pump and a new fuel filter in the Cobra and no dice. It still turns over and tries to fire but just can't keep running. I pulled the connector off the CPS and cleaned it and it seems to try to start a little more. But it looks like the CPS won't come out without taking the A/C compressor off :mad: It will turn over several times and try to fire and run for about two seconds and then die. I'm frustrated. And I still don't think it's the CPS because from what I've heard, it shouldn't fire at all if it's bad. Any ideas?

Dangit! Okay, installed the new fuel pump and a new fuel filter in the Cobra and no dice. It still turns over and tries to fire but just can't keep running. I pulled the connector off the CPS and cleaned it and it seems to try to start a little more. But it looks like the CPS won't come out without taking the A/C compressor off :mad: It will turn over several times and try to fire and run for about two seconds and then die. I'm frustrated. And I still don't think it's the CPS because from what I've heard, it shouldn't fire at all if it's bad. Any ideas?

Whenever my CPS fails I just unplug it and plug it right back in. Bingo the car starts and runs again with no problem or stalling. So sounds like that is not the issue?

Whenever my CPS fails I just unplug it and plug it right back in. Bingo the car starts and runs again with no problem or stalling. So sounds like that is not the issue?

well that is not a conclusive diagnosis by any means...
you probably need a need connector, not a CKP.

my car would stumble and die, but not run when the CKP went out. (both times it would do this. i have 2 sensors die.)
unplugging and plugging the plug back in made no difference at all.
could be CKP. it acts kind of like my car did.

and yeah, you have to loosen the ac compressor. it doesn't have to come out. just loose.

Okay. That sounds like what's wrong. She's going to get one tommorow and I guess I'll install it Saturday morning. If that doesn't fix it I'm done with it.

my motorcraft replacement went bad. :confused:
so i am using a parts store brand one now. working fine. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.
Back