What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Yup...I have those in my enterior, only the Map lights are halogen, because its hard to actually read with LEDs

Those would light the tag just fine, but my cars tag light socket was bad, so I wired in a 10 led strip, same with the trunk light

sprung

Put springs on the 94 today --- about 4 hours worth - done some cleaning and painting a few rusty spots behind the inner finders while i had them down -- pulled the sensors taped the plugs and air lines up - tucked them behind the inner finders and zip tied everything back to preserve and hide them.
the rear bags look almost new - the front ones was oem,, left one had a hole in it - i guess was the beginning of my problem - then the pump wouldn't start every time causing the front to fall 3 times - decided to make it reliable.
don't know if i want to let anything go yet - might not like springs - damn mother of 4wd's right now -- hoping they will settle about 3 inches lol -- I'll let them settle in and chop on them,,,
0 and changed the fuel filter while i was in there.. . . . . . . .

260463_4503448104601_193022998_n.jpg

Looks like a first gen Motorcraft to me...

Could very well be. But it also looks exactly like the first set of Arnotts I bought back in 2002 or so, the old style before they updated. Also the part numbers look like Arnott numbers. Honestly, I've never seen an OEM G1 front air shock nor have I seen the part numbers. But it would be logical to assume that they would follow Ford's practice of using alphanumerical codes to denote the year at the beginning of the part number. Such as F3, F4, F5 and F6 for '93, 94, 95, and 96 years. The part number starting with a "W" just doesn't look right. But I could be wrong. If so, my bad:)

But either way you look at it, that price is just plan ungodly ridiculous. Especially if it's an Arnott. Or even if it's an OEM Motorcraft, that price is still fuggin' stupid.

Looks like a first gen Motorcraft to me...

Agreed, this is a Motorcraft.

attachment.jpg

This is a Gen 1 solid steel type by Motorcraft. They cost more than the better Gen 2 style. Why? Because they are running out of them. Some people don't know that the cheaper Gen 2 style will work with Gen 1's and there is always that chance that they can get the money out of someone.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suspension-Strut-Assembly-Motorcraft-W0133-1860238-Front-Left-Suspens-/320970612183?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ALincoln|Model%3AMark+VIII&hash=item4abb56ddd7&vxp=mtr#ht_935wt_1062

Agreed, this is a Motorcraft.

attachment.jpg

This is a Gen 1 solid steel type by Motorcraft. They cost more than the better Gen 2 style. Why? Because they are running out of them. Some people don't know that the cheaper Gen 2 style will work with Gen 1's and there is always that chance that they can get the money out of someone.

[url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suspension-Strut-Assembly-Motorcraft-W0133-1860238-Front-Left-Suspens-/320970612183?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ALincoln|Model%3AMark+VIII&hash=item4abb56ddd7&vxp=mtr#ht_935wt_1062[/URL]

Hmmm. i knew the first one I posted was an OEM G2 Motorcraft that had what appears to be a broken or bent shock shaft. But on the second one, I guess I stand corrected. So in other words, the old style Anotts were basically exact copies of the OEM Motorcraft G1 Mark VIII shocks? Interesting.

Hmmm. i knew the first one I posted was an OEM G2 Motorcraft that had what appears to be a broken or bent shock shaft. But on the second one, I guess I stand corrected. So in other words, the old style Anotts were basically exact copies of the OEM Motorcraft G1 Mark VIII shocks? Interesting.

Close but the rubber on the Arnott's that I have seen was not smooth textured. Those on ebay appear to be smooth, with only the one horizontal line that goes around the upper portion of the rubber section.

The links I have posted over and over are about as cheap as you're going to find new ones and I'm waiting on the next price jump. They were in the upper $200's but now in the low $300's and if these prices can be beat, please post a reliable link.

[url]http://www.sarad.com/index.aspx?q=AVS16[/URL]

[url]http://www.sarad.com/index.aspx?q=AVS17[/URL]

The original Arnott's were actually re-bagged OEM's.

The first person to figure out what this is for gets a cookie. It's not completely finished, but you should be able to figure it out in it's current state.

I'm visiting family in Ohio, and my mom's boss has a lathe that he let me play around with yesterday...

image-244508944.jpg

image-3937604974.jpg

image-371389947.jpg

image-883218624.jpg

PCV valve or something related to it? Air solenoid replacement for fast-bag setup? Its shape and apparent size resembles a PCV valve but the two o-rings at the top make it look like an air solenoid. So I'm a little stumped.

20120917_172918.jpg

Shined the hood up a little bit

If you're able to paint the hood with good results why not just paint the whole car? Just make yourself a makeshift paint booth with some sheets of plastic to protect from dust..

Just picked up my pumpkin I dropped off yesterday. It now has 4.10's with new bearings and trac loc! It's been 2 years since I started collecting the needed things for this. Tomorrow I'll be getting the 80w90 Mobil 1 oil and friction modifier needed for it.

I didn't feel that the entire car needed a paint job right now. Later, when I have more money for Shiney, it'll get a few dings and dents worked out, mud and a full body spray
20120918_135304.jpg

I spent a few hours today playing with the buffer and some 2000 grit, even hit the lights

Members online

No members online now.
Back