What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Wasn't today but I said good bye to the 95 last Thursday

12733366_10153183922507434_475842463359783483_n.jpg.

12733366_10153183922507434_475842463359783483_n.jpg

The internal smart ass wants to simply say spark plug wires/covers.

But I am gonna go with C heads and Cobra intake.

Gave it a wash for the first time in 4 months. This winter has been kind to her. Spring cleaning is right around the corner, my favorite time of year. :)

Don't have her anymore but love to visit here from time to time.

Gonna start collecting parts for my current Lincoln. Brake upgrade comes 1st...:)

Words can't describe that, I don't think I could stand a view of the insides, knowing what other sheetmetal intakes look like inside the plenum.

I could replace my 97 Mark VIII, 2000 Grand Marquis, 89 Cougar, and 82 F150 for what that had to cost!

Did a wash and detail yesterday, and decided to finally replace my crying idler/tensioner pulleys. As it turned out, the tensioner was the culprit, it was a Ford original, and the bearing had spun. But I changed them both, because you know. Also! I got my oil pan in the mail today from racebronco(thanks a lot man, it looks great), and the next order of business will be dropping the k-member and replacing my sad oil pan and weeping gasket. Not particularly looking forward to that one, but my father has said he'll give me some help, and I do have a factory manual, and that helps too. Still gonna suck though.

today: reinstalled the rear deck cover, final amp "tuning" for the new system; installed sail panels...interior swap will soon be complete

Having had some rain off and on these past few weeks I was finally able to give her a clean using a brush with a extender. My first time doing it myself in a couple of years. Not the best job but better than what she looked like before. It's not the easiest to do from a wheelchair. It takes a little longer and things begin to dry up faster. But I did it. :cool:

Do need help to dry though.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

0501161733_HDR.jpg

0501161733_HDR.jpg

Black is the new black...

Up and away.jpg

Back up.jpg

Outee.jpg

The stuff that didn't make it to the powdercoaters got rattle canned...

op.jpg

Parts.jpg

Pull Lee.jpg

-Scott

Up and away.jpg

Outee.jpg

Back up.jpg

op.jpg

Parts.jpg

Pull Lee.jpg

Finally removed and replaced the rear lca toe adj hardware. My god was that nut/bolt a seized on mf'er. Required fire and much powa but it finally free'd itself w/o breaking anything in the process. Utilized some clean hardware from our good friend Carlos.

Couple weeks ago we free'd up the "frozen" front end with ease so the next tech won't have any excuses. Looking forward to her specs being in the "green" for the first time in 9 years.

Back story- Many alignments over the years and many lazy techs failed to adjust her correctly due to "frozen" adjustments f+r. After all of this the only thing that was actually frozen was the rear toe.

Members online

No members online now.
Back