What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

-----
didn't your cat nearly check out last year?

I know what you're referring too, I was just confused cause you mentioned it exactly a year later. :)

He's doing great though. His new "part" has worked flawlessly and he hasn't had any other bladder/uti issues to date. It was a long recovery for him and very stressful for me, well both of us really. Just glad it's over and he's once again healthy.

Hey guys. Not Mark VIII related, but you all know that I've been separated for over a year and getting ready to get divorced. I haven't been getting out much and haven't really "dated" any for the past year. I've got friends that I've spent time with but that's about it. But I've technically been single for over a year. Now, I'm happy to say that after all this time, I think I've found someone. Her name is Cathy and she is awesome! We haven't know each other but a couple of weeks but we are hitting it off quite nicely. I know this may not be the best place to put this info out there, but I'm just really happy right now. This is the first time in a long time that anyone other than my children and family has made me really happy. And I love the feeling. That's all. Sorry for the interruption. Carry on :)
cathy.JPGcathy2.JPG
Ain't she cute? :D

cathy.JPG

cathy2.JPG

Saw this mark broken down on the side of the road and I stopped by to help a fellow mark owner in need. Turns out he is a mechanic who is fixing this car for the owner. He put a terminator engine and has four Mark VIIIs. This one was overheating and that was why it was on the side.

image.jpg

image.jpg

thanks for stopping Mark, the blower makes it impossible to run the markviii fan this is fan #3 its obvious i still need to work this fan issue out!!! SMH

What I have planned this weekend-

Paint and replace ds handle surround, might paint the conti handles too and throw one on the passenger side as it has a v1 and will eventually break.

Oil change / Lube / Clean maf / Under hood stuff

Depending on how all that goes i'll either take Sunday off, rip off the rear panels or move on to the cleaning portion of the list.

The good news is that my drivers side hid has fired all week. Think I done fixed it.

Hey guys. Not Mark VIII related, but you all know that I've been separated for over a year and getting ready to get divorced. I haven't been getting out much and haven't really "dated" any for the past year. I've got friends that I've spent time with but that's about it. But I've technically been single for over a year. Now, I'm happy to say that after all this time, I think I've found someone. Her name is Cathy and she is awesome! We haven't know each other but a couple of weeks but we are hitting it off quite nicely. I know this may not be the best place to put this info out there, but I'm just really happy right now. This is the first time in a long time that anyone other than my children and family has made me really happy. And I love the feeling. That's all. Sorry for the interruption. Carry on :)
uglyho2copy-2.jpg

Good for you Thaywood!

Sweet ride man. Hope he can get the fan fixed. I personally want a terminator engine with a KB just because of the sound.

Found a 1994 Explorer at the local pick n' pull that is the exact same color as mine. Now as soon as I can scrounge up $45 bucks (have no idea when that'll be) I can get that fender to fix mine and won't have to do any painting :D Also found a Continental with good chrome door handles and a chrome turn signal stalk :) But the fuel door button was gone :( And I'm thinking about getting a transmission cooler out of an Explorer for the Mark as well. There are several of them at the yard. I could get the cooler and all the mounting hardware and hoses to make the installation much easier.

Also found a Continental with good chrome door handles and a chrome turn signal stalk :) But the fuel door button was gone :(
I keep bypassing other parts from the Continentals, but what is the story with the turn signal stalk? Is it better, a direct replacement (for my 97), or just chrome instead of black?

Oil change- Done. Wally world didn't have a 820s, didn't want frams so I ended up with a Pupalator Classic. After a little research i'm comfortable using it. They had a 5qt of Penn HM but didn't have singles so I ended up with QS Defy. That didn't work out as planned, oh well.

While under there I decided to inspect a little trans leak that's always bothered me. I found that ALL the pan bolts were somewhat loose. :eek: They've been like that for years...Shame on me.

Lubed it as well, the uca boots I put on last fall are still minty!

Found a little ps leak. Yay.

Cleaned maf

Painted the handle surround last night but it ended up too dark, not surprised as the available Duplicolor T.Red is darker then the Bright T. Red. Ran out and bought white primer (Vs Gray) and it's turning out much better. Looks like 2 or 3 coats (Edit: 4 or 5 coats) will get me closer to the oem color. What a diff the color of primer makes.

If I can get the painting done it'll be put in 2maro and can finally put my door back together.

I keep bypassing other parts from the Continentals, but what is the story with the turn signal stalk? Is it better, a direct replacement (for my 97), or just chrome instead of black?

It is only good for Gen I because it is chrome instead of black. My brother did this on his 93 but it is not a direct replacement. he had to rewire it to work on his car. The continental only has one headlight for low and high beam, whereas Gen I Mark VIIIs have one for low and one for high.

Played with an M3, lost of course.
[video=youtube;fetBq4GCXJQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=vd&v=fetBq4GCXJQ[/video]

Last edited:
on the White Car: removed the tailight, cleaned off the grunge
---
P4050020.jpg
----
P4050021.jpg
---
took a picture: back on the road, interior conversion done
---
white mark 4_5_14b.jpg

P4050020.jpg

P4050021.jpg

white mark 4_5_14b.jpg

View attachment 828466626View attachment 828466627

Glad you found a hot cougar to share long drives in your Mark Viii!

Finally bought some new spark plug wires for the Mark from Summit Racing. Man they came in two days, excellent service. I can't wait to install them, looks like I've got original grey wires on the Mark right now. Previous owner claimed he replaced the plugs but I will check them and probably replace them with coppers, since most people love to fall for the quadruple platinum, Bosch or E3 craps.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Summit-Spar...d=100005&prg=1088&rk=5&rkt=5&sd=261350110075&

2014-04-05_14-12-47_789_zpsweqhah7u.jpg

Finally finished

What dd kit is that? Looks good.

on the White Car: removed the tailight, cleaned off the grunge

---
took a picture: back on the road, interior conversion done
---
View attachment 828466699

You did a great job on that conversion, looks fantastic.

------------

Well 3 coats of color wasn't enough on top of the white primer, ended up being about 4 or 5. 4th times a charm I guess. Quite frankly i'm sick of painting, sanding, clear coating, sanding, painting, painting, sanding, clear coating...Also doesn't help that I did the majority of my painting/color matching at night..:rolleyes:

The good thing is you can add T. Red little by little using white primer vs the gray which comes out too dark after 2 coats.

Now I have to get motivated to do them.

What dd kit is that? Looks good.

Thanks, it is a kit for an Aviator from my local audio shop, I don't recall the brand. I used the black felt that was orginally around the factory radio to cover the gaps in the sides. I think I am still going to have to open up the bottom of the dash some to get it to sit how I want, it works but there is some pressure required to install the trim piece.

-Alan

Members online

Back