What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

This was giving me issues so I took it out
IMG_20140331_130402712_HDR.jpg

Only replacement I had
PART_1396305200686_IMG_20140331_161616599.jpg

IMG_20140331_141847475.jpg

Did a better fit up for the rear spring perches. Rides so much better now and acceleration is the smiles
IMG_20140331_154704653_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140331_154709058.jpg

IMG_20140331_155223210.jpg

Got mine back from the body shop on Friday with zero work done and a bunch of marker on it. The dents in the roof chipped the paint and the body shop parked it outside everyday so now the roof has some rust on it. Took USAA 28 days to tell me they were not going to cover it, so now I have a golf ball mark that I'm too embarrassed to drive. I still have no idea what I was paying for when I had storage insurance put on it.

I think it will just get it put away for two or three years till I can save up some cash to fix it.

how did you remove the trunk emblem mine is all old and cracked.
remove trunk liner, CAREFULLY remove the entire light bar , 2 small bolts (8MM?) behind the lock cover, push out the acrylic/ploy lens cover...heat may reduce cracking
P3300009.jpgP3300011.jpg

P3300009.jpg

P3300011.jpg

I'm shopping for a low-cost (<$100) car cover, will a 96 Conti cover work for my 96 Mark?

Gonna try to get a little bit done this afternoon. I have to try to figure out what the heck is going on with the battery. I couldn't get it to start yesterday morning because the battery was apparently dead. Had to drive the Mountaineer to work. When I got home, she started right up :confused: Maybe a bad connection? I have no idea.

Eh.. It's higher than I'd like, but my tires don't rub. Need to reorder my rear wheels in 03-04 Mustang Offset. At least those bag top disks you sent came in handy

All in all, the best part was installing that Diff. If you're thinking about getting gears... YES. MAJOR improvement

So I went with form over function, I didn't want to add chrome to an LSC but I also didn't want to get trapped outside my car with no functioning door handles!

13567299114_1b13650405_b.jpg

I obviously need to do the drivers side, I just hope the pivot point on the cup isn't what is broken, but I wanted to be sure I had one fully functioning door handle.
13566950545_7daa601089_b.jpg

You should be able to take a peak under it to see which it is. You can also just paint the handle at a later date while on the car.

I have a vacuum leak somewhere. Lately when I start the car on cold mornings it will idle rough and then just die. But once it gets warmed up it runs smooth. I know the IAC and TPS probably need replacing. And hopefully I'll get to it eventually. But it still acts like it's sucking air somewhere. But the only hose I can find with any sign of deterioration is the ventilation hose that goes from the air intake tube to the p/s valve cover. It's dry rotted almost to pieces. I'm going to replace it today. But I doubt that's the whole problem. I've got Friday off this week so maybe I can tinker with it some then. It's not a huge deal, it's just an annoyance. But I want this car to eventually run as smoothly as my '97 and '96 did.

Got mine back from the body shop on Friday with zero work done and a bunch of marker on it. The dents in the roof chipped the paint and the body shop parked it outside everyday so now the roof has some rust on it. Took USAA 28 days to tell me they were not going to cover it, so now I have a golf ball mark that I'm too embarrassed to drive. I still have no idea what I was paying for when I had storage insurance put on it.

I think it will just get it put away for two or three years till I can save up some cash to fix it.
That sucks

I enjoyed the hell out of it today! That's it.

Can't believe I waited all these years to finally do it. The 3:73 is so mild mannered, yet, very noticeable with the TC and OD off. My rear tires are so wide and grippy that I haven't been able to get her to slide around much, even throwing it around a corner fairly hard it'll hook right up. I was looking forward to doing some donuts, I'll find me a large vacant lot soon :)

nice weather here finally so i installed my 1.6 vogtlands in the rear,greased the sway bar bushings,took the air ride sensor and harness for the rear out and into the trunk will remove entire harness soon enough. Car rides so good now

nice weather here finally so i installed my 1.6 vogtlands in the rear,greased the sway bar bushings,took the air ride sensor and harness for the rear out and into the trunk will remove entire harness soon enough. Car rides so good now

Aren't Vogtlands great! :)

removed center console to CF re-wrap cup holder/ashtray
took out RH headlight bucket, looked for the point of entry for moisture (it dries out eventually), sealed the vent at high beam side
dear headlamp retainer, I loathe you
---
P4020014.jpg

P4020014.jpg

removed center console to CF re-wrap cup holder/ashtray
took out RH headlight bucket, looked for the point of entry for moisture (it dries out eventually), sealed the vent at high beam side
dear headlamp retainer, I loathe you
---
View attachment 828466602

I hate those things too. I picked up about 20 or so of them from T-Birds and Cougars the last time I was at the pick-n-pull. :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back