What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Mustang Snow Plow.jpg I know a lot of you have Mustangs. Saw this mod and thought you might like to see it

Mustang Snow Plow.jpg

at Gearhead, what do you need for the center console? I have a 94 black that's in decent condition; I'm otp Atl...NW...come get it

Grab the rear U-joint and push up and down. See if there's any slop in the Diff.
The trans mount can hide its crack very well, you'll need to take a small pry bar and stick it in where you can lift up on the tail of the trans to see if it's cracked or not

If it turns out to be the trans mount, I highly suggest the Energy Suspension unit from Summit Racing for the T-birds

gearhead, check your differential bolts/bushings. That is a likely cause of a clunk in the driveline.
thanks guys, it was dark when i got off work but im going to get under it in the morning and see if i can figure it out. ill be really happy to have it fixed, its really harsh.

at Gearhead, what do you need for the center console? I have a 94 black that's in decent condition; I'm otp Atl...NW...come get it
well the console itself is fine, and the hinge is still there, the lid is just completely broken/gone where it connects to the hinge. so i just need a lid, that would be sweet if you have one though ! ill send you a message.

Just spent 1/2 a day at DMV getting plates for CE-2. Tried yesterday, but gave up. 46 people waiting X 5 min is toooo long for me to wait. The DMV here is so slow, they tell you (on line) how long the wait is at each location. I'm glad that job is done.

On my way home from work and guess what happens? Yup yup, another misfire. 3rd time in 4 months, this time number 7 and baaad. Wish I knew which two I haven't replaced yet so that I could just replace them with the 2 remaining 75k spares. At this rate it shouldn't be long until I find out.:rolleyes:

On my way home from work and what happens? Yup yup, another misfire. This time number 7 and badd. Wish I knew which two I haven't replaced yet so that I could just replace them with the 2 remaining 75k spares. At this rate it shouldn't be long until I find out.:rolleyes:

Flip flop 6 and 7 coils, reset code, drive til next fmisfire code sets, read code, replce coil

Flip flop 6 and 7 coils, reset code, drive til next fmisfire code sets, read code, replce coil

I replaced it once I got home so all is well.

Never get any codes though, I just use a good spare coil and swap each one until it goes away. Easy peasy. Thanks though.

:lol: Believe it or not, that JB weld held up for a couple of months. I ended up actually cutting the line and splicing in a piece of line with couplers. One of the couplers is leaking. It'll be fixed this weekend. :D

Oh lord, I didn't know you actually used Jb weld to fix a brake line leak.

:rolleyes: No I did not use the JB weld to "fix" the brake line leak. I used it to band-aid the leak so I could drive the car because it was all I had to drive at the time. I "fixed" it with a spliced in hard line. Derp... :p

That is a stupid and dangerous thing to do. I'm gonna assume your "fix" was compression fittings. That's another stupid and dangerous thing to do. And also illegal here in Wisconsin.

...illegal here in Wisconsin.
----
that's enforced how...? ex.when a mech sees it, he calls five-o who comes and seizes your car/takes criminal to pokey??
----
are block heaters illegal in Wis. like in NJ?
:dj:

will you need to bleed the abs pump after the line is replaced?

Nope. It didn't lose that much fluid. Just did a regular brake bleed.

That is a stupid and dangerous thing to do. I'm gonna assume your "fix" was compression fittings. That's another stupid and dangerous thing to do. And also illegal here in Wisconsin.

I'll admit the JB Weld band-aid wasn't the best idea. But it was all I had in a pinch. Compression fittings, on the other hand, work just find. They're the same kind of fittings that virtually all brake lines use on just about every car I've ever seen. It's an easy fix that I and many others have done a hundred times in the past. Why would it be illegal? Brake lines are coupled together at several points on all cars.

----
that's enforced how...? ex.when a mech sees it, he calls five-o who comes and seizes your car/takes criminal to pokey??
----
are block heaters illegal in Wis. like in NJ?
:dj:

Block heaters are legal here. But if you have any of inspection done on a vehicle here, it will fail if there is a compression fitting anywhere on the brakes. If you are in a major accident and the state inspects your vehicle and they find a brake line, you're gonna gonna be found liable. If a person installs one, it fails and some one dies, the installer could be charged with negligent homicide.

Nope. It didn't lose that much fluid. Just did a regular brake bleed.
I'll admit the JB Weld band-aid wasn't the best idea. But it was all I had in a pinch. Compression fittings, on the other hand, work just find. They're the same kind of fittings that virtually all brake lines use on just about every car I've ever seen. It's an easy fix that I and many others have done a hundred times in the past. Why would it be illegal? Brake lines are coupled together at several points on all cars.

JB Weld on a brake line isn't " not the best idea" it's blatant stupidity. Compression fittings do work fine, for low pressure application. They are not designed to hold the 2-3000PSI generated by the brakes of a car. Brake lines are not coupled together with compression fittings, they are joined together with brake line unions. Two brake line nuts and a union might look like a compression fitting to some one who doesn't know any better, but they are not the same. there is a reason why they don't have racks of compression fittings next to the racks of brake lines. Brake lines come with fittings on them for a reason.

Q:
what is the psi for dorman 785-302 compression fitting
Asked on 9/14/2013 by ben from bellaire ,oh

Know the answer? Answer this question

1 answer

CUSTOMER CARE

A:
Dorman - Autograde Compression Fitting-Union-3/16 Inch -Part No. 785-302, there are compression connectors that may use a single-piece design or a plastic gripper in place of ferrules to help maintain a proper seal. Each compression connector, however, includes a compression nut to accomplish the connection. Most standard plastic compression fittings will maintain a seal up to 50 psi, while metal compression fittings may provide a reliable seal up over 200 psi to 220 psi. For any further assistance, please feel free to call us at: 1-877-238-2623 or visit the nearest Advance Auto Parts store and one of our Parts Pros will gladly assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

flaky rust<bubble gum<JB Weld<compression fitting<single flare<double flare(or bubble flare)
copper<bare steel<tin coated steel<coated steel<nickel copper<stainless

IMG_20140411_182447269.jpg

My original remote had a chip in the case and buttons were slightly worn some.
Ordered this one for $12, got the new long range Memory 1 transmitter , case , and the Factory buttons

JB Weld on a brake line isn't " not the best idea" it's blatant stupidity. Compression fittings do work fine, for low pressure application. They are not designed to hold the 2-3000PSI generated by the brakes of a car. Brake lines are not coupled together with compression fittings, they are joined together with brake line unions. Two brake line nuts and a union might look like a compression fitting to some one who doesn't know any better, but they are not the same. there is a reason why they don't have racks of compression fittings next to the racks of brake lines. Brake lines come with fittings on them for a reason.

I'm pretty sure he meant to say unions.

They're the same kind of fittings that virtually all brake lines use on just about every car I've ever seen.

Members online

No members online now.
Back