What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Snapped this pic this morning at 7:30am. Hasn't been washed in one month but it's not too bad.

2013-10-03072848_zps2ae944ba.jpg

2013-10-03072832_zps7fa5e0c0.jpg

I put this in this morning too to temporarily keep an eye on my voltage. Not having problems but just want to see where it gets used the most. Looks like an alternator can be killed in a Mark VIII from idling too long with the air on and other things running. The camera didn't like how bright the green was so, the numbers can't be seen.

2013-10-03113733_zps2cb0caac.jpg

Snapped this pic this morning at 7:30am. Hasn't been washed in one month but it's not too bad.

2013-10-03072848_zps2ae944ba.jpg

2013-10-03072832_zps7fa5e0c0.jpg

I put this in this morning too to temporarily keep an eye on my voltage. Not having problems but just want to see where it gets used the most. Looks like an alternator can be killed in a Mark VIII from idling too long with the air on and other things running. The camera didn't like how bright the green was so, the numbers can't be seen.

2013-10-03113733_zps2cb0caac.jpg

Is yours a 1995? If so, how did you get the later model EATC to work? Can my '97 EATC fit in my '95 without too much modification?

So pulled into a Wendy's cause a friend wanted to eat there and he asked me what is that in your wheel?

OK so found out where one of the rubber lip strips disappeared to but haven't removed it as of yet :p
Screen Shot 2013-10-04 at 8.21.02 AM.jpg

Also have to hit up friend with lift so I can put in my new LCA Ball Joints as they are creaking to the point that people are looking at car as I drive by :eek2:

Screen Shot 2013-10-04 at 8.21.02 AM.jpg

Dam, haven't been up that early in years!

5:30am every morning except Sat & Sun :( Have an 11 year old that has to be up and taken to school.

Is yours a 1995? If so, how did you get the later model EATC to work? Can my '97 EATC fit in my '95 without too much modification?

I'm really not sure. I had a unit just like it in the 94 too. Seems like they were from a 96 if I'm not mistaken.

Here's the 94 I had. The one that came in it sucked. I think what you need is one with the blue back.

car5.jpg

car6.jpg

So realized that my inspection sticker was up last month, so I got up to go early this morning to get re-inspected. Pull in and there are no cars in line so I scramble to take my Cell Phone holder and Radar Detector off my windshield so I don't get any crap about it. Get out my DL, Reg and insurance card and am in the front bay when the guy tells me this is the wrong reg card, it's for a silver Mark with Plate XXX-XXX.

I was oops hold on and dug through all my crap in the center console. Found my old Reg from 06/13 but that is an old reg card so F me! Then see friends older brother that works there so I flag him over. Next thing I know he takes old Reg and had me come back into the line with my car. I then see another guy who's 4x4 Ford Van I had bought years ago is now working there.

Next thing I know my car has an 2015 sticker on it and I am driving out the door to the other side :cool:

Good to have friends in the right places :N

I bought Dan's, it now lives in my 94. I think Eric (Markviiiedrea) has one though.
I have another soft button, will check the year on it....def not gen 2.....
----
up at 4:20 am 5x/week...home at 8pm 5x/week....work on my tired-ass Lincolns 8 nights/week....lol
----
inspections? pft...we have emissions only, SCT tune covers that

----
inspections? pft...we have emissions only, SCT tune covers that

All we basically have in NJ now too, was a 3 lane inspection station and now half of one lane.
Check you OBDII and gas cap along with insurance, registration.

when I lived in Va and NC they had rigid 'vehicle safety' inspections...police state gov tax bs; i remember a mech charged my dad $35 to tighten a lug nut so he could pass inspection...prolly a Stealership...they even check w-shield wiper blades!

Inspection!.....What's that?

Installed black seat belt's today. Only back half though, half to remove front seats to finish the job....not gonna happen this weekend.

I have HVAC but another person has dibs on it first. A 97/98 will just set to a default mode and blow the defrost when it is installed. I haven't figured out an easy way to use a Gen II HVAC in a Gen I so for now just find a 96 one. I believe you can still get them from Ford for $160.

T-wood, my soft button is indeed a 95, if you dont have extra cash maybe we can trade sun visors from your wrecked sunroof mark...I found clean tan visors but they're too long, I need em for a sunroof car

saw a new Caddy
----
1005080139.jpg
-----
an old(er) Caddy
----
1005081822.jpg
-----
now ready for an enema and an oil change, hopefully no more clackety-clack on startup
---
1005153330.jpg

1005080139.jpg

1005081822.jpg

1005153330.jpg

Funny I have ran Mobil for hundreds of thousands of miles and never had an issue, pulled apart a 302 that had mobil 1 since new in 91 and the wear was so low it could have went back together with the same bearings. Maybe you should just blame your bad luck on used engines and not an oil brand....

I've only had bad luck with 1 used engine, and that was because I didn't check compression on every cylinder before I got it.

Mobil changed their formula fyi.. hense they don't make it like they used to

All oil formulas and add packs constantly change, hell Castrol doesn't even produce oil they just buy it from everyone else and put in their add pack. Mobil is factory fill and recommend for the highest end cars built today, but i guess since you think it didnt work in your 150k mile Mark we should ignore all that......

ignore Snapper, he wasn't breast-fed
-----
how about that new Caddy CTS 2 door? sweeet
---
Alan, I gotta tell ya, there's a lot of nice cars riding around 285 early on Sat/Sun mornings...I made my typical M-F work commute from Acworth to downtown Decatur today

Members online

No members online now.
Back