What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

What kind of surgery if you don't mind? Hope you get well soon

I had prostate cancer so I had a radical prostatectomy. They did it with the Da Vinci robot. Minimally invasive laproscopic surgery. Still hurts like hell to move though :rolleyes: but about half the recovery time of open surgery.

Not that anyone really wants to see it ;) but here's my boo boo's:

IMG_0959[1].jpg

IMG_0959[1].jpg

Went to Englishtown Swapmeet on Saturday and this would be the first time I ever saw Mark VIII's for sale there :confused:

Not one but two and both 2nd Gens with one being a CE to boot :cool:
[video=youtube;nZ1iCid2Src]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ1iCid2Src[/video]

After seeing quickblue302's thread last week I busted out a few spare trim pieces I had and went to town on them with a few types of rubbing compound which I found actually scratches it more than it polishes, in the end I ended up using mothers aluminum polish..takes all of the hazyness off the trim and all of the fine scratches..this was all done by hand, but if I had a good buffing pad that I could attach to a drill I'm confident I could probably make them perfect..still looks much better than before though.

A spare piece I have, looked horrible before

Did all of the trim around the windows on my car too

Please take my money

Went to Englishtown Swapmeet on Saturday and this would be the first time I ever saw Mark VIII's for sale there :confused:

Not one but two and both 2nd Gens with one being a CE to boot :cool:
[video=youtube;nZ1iCid2Src]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ1iCid2Src[/video]

The CE has been on Craigslist for about 6 months. Onefreshls looked at it I believe. It doesn't look bad for $2000.

Went to an all ford show at autobahn country club raceway over the weekend with a few members.

From left to right..Paul Van's wifes 12 gt500, Joel's (not a member here) 11 GT, Stang1's mystic 03 cobra and me.

20130929_150637_zps3e0b8093.jpg

Actually entered my car for the first time ever..didn't win anything but I don't really care about trophies anyway, but did get a couple thumbs ups and nice comments which for me is better than any trophy. The mercur in the background took 1st place in the misc. category. The most fun part of the day was doing 3 parade laps on the track with 100 some odd mustangs and fords..was a fun day all in all.

20130929_131640_zpsaeaf2511.jpg

picked up 200 lbs of decrative rock and put it in her trunk for the house then did the normal driving till it wouldnt idle right after i turn it off and start it 5 to 10 mins later

Just enjoyed the ride today!

keVIIIn, you should have won something! I would have voted for ya! I like green.

merKur!!! Scorpio? or xr4ti? shame on FoMoCo
indeed, pos X-treme
----
yesterday, removed and reinstalled wipers on the brown one, tyring to put them in the exact right place at rest...finally figured out how the chinese finger trap works, easy after you get it....should have done this when the hood was off no doubt
-----
on the white one, painted the drivers air bag, found some old but unused Polk 6.5" coxials to use in the black 94 door panels (no separate tweeter this time around)

pulled the passenger front tire to find the mystery clunk and couldnt find it i figured out the ride height sensor was part of the clunk as the rod thats in it was moving alot so i took it off now its a little quieter and not as often it clunks im still stumped but ill get it

A small portion of noise reduction, zip-tied the foam around the crash bar so it doesn't vibrate anymore
20130924_152752.jpg

Finished clearing the 3:73s
20130925_191230.jpg

Cut and mocked up the box for the sub
20131002_174050.jpg

Outside, now the only noise I hear from outside is those vent flaps. I want the bass, but not the hoopty rattles of the trunk. I have 0 sound deadener as of yet

Put new rear shocks and mounts on today. Monroe Sensatracs with the American Air Suspension mounts.

Rides smoother now, especially on the highway. Handling and braking improved as well. Still clunks over big bumps around town, gotta figure out what that is...

merKur!!! Scorpio? or xr4ti? shame on FoMoCo
indeed, pos X-treme

I have to disagree to a point with this statement :D The Merkur line was just a rebadged version of two European Fords, the Granada (Scorpio) and Sierra (XR4Ti). Both were rear-wheel-drive with 4-wheel independent suspension and 4-wheel disc brakes (some XR4Ti's came to the 'States with cheaper drums to save cost). The Granada in Europe could have been had with a DOHC 24-valve Cosworth Cologne V-6 with over 200hp while the Sierra Cosworth came with a 2.0L DOHC Cosworth 4-banger with 224hp (standard, it could go up to well over 300hp). Too bad we got the watered down versions :(cossie v-6.jpg

cossie v-6.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back