What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

drove the White One about 10 miles- headlights are gonna be fine, esp after the MF sw. splice, no heat kinda sucks (for now), plenty of clunk on the front drv side susp....still leaking coolant from the reservoir top, replace or repair?

drove the White One about 10 miles- headlights are gonna be fine, esp after the MF sw. splice, no heat kinda sucks (for now), plenty of clunk on the front drv side susp....still leaking coolant from the reservoir top, replace or repair?

Replace if you can....Repair only if you have too!

Replace if you can....Repair only if you have too!

I found a thread saying that can be an early sign of blown head gask :(
I think I may just need more burping though- I did the ofa gask not long ago

Got stuck in my driveway lasts night dug it out today
Just so everyone is clear the licence plate does Not work as a plow

Mine does fine in 3"-4" of snow. Never had any real problems drivin the Mark in moderate snow conditions. It's all about knowing how to drive a RWD car in less-than-perfect conditions. Anything more than that and it won't go. I have to break out the tank (4x4 Exploder:D). Oh, and your front wheels are backwards...:cool:

There's one in the junkyard by me. I'm going on a trip and won't be back for a week. I will go back when i return. I'm sure it will be there. The junkyard is saving the car for the "cobra" motor.

Okay thanks and let me know what other ivory parts it has. I need a drivers door panel badly . Thanks

Mine does fine in 3"-4" of snow. Never had any real problems drivin the Mark in moderate snow conditions. It's all about knowing how to drive a RWD car in less-than-perfect conditions. Anything more than that and it won't go. I have to break out the tank (4x4 Exploder:D). Oh, and your front wheels are backwards...:cool:

I had a tire go flat so its from a parts car and its a directional tire
The right front is even worse its not even a mark wheel .

Washed it about a week ago, and took some pics. Here's one of the better ones...

IMG_3387.jpg

Took my Mark to see the car that will put it on the back burner for a while.

Seems I have come to posses a '91 LT1 6 speed Convertible Corvette :gr_devil:

Friend just picked up this new LS7 Convertible and seeing that this is his 7th Vette, he gave me his oldest being the '91 in the same color as this one :cool:
[URL=http://razzi.me/p/1022909][/URL]
Oh and this will probably handle worse in the snow than my Mark but not by much...

ooh la-la, looks purty
---
so long as it has a block heater, you'll be fine in the snow
:joke

Uhg, so went to get my '98 that I sold a few months ago to start. I knew it was the crank trigger cause it was cranking with nothing. Tried to tell them where to look to unplug it and plug it back in. Even took a pic of the engine in my garage to show em the location.

He cranked it till the battery was dead and to the point it seems he hurt the starter :confused:

New battery a big charger with it on the start setting and it cranks over like it has a low charge? Got it started and let it charge for a half hour idling. Let his woman go out, she shuts it off and it wont even turn over. Not even a starter click :mad:

back on the road

I am very embarrassed...after struggling to get my Mark running last weekend...I found that my problem had to do with the alarm system. It needed to be reset. It didn't cost me a penny,fortunately and I did cleanup the wiring harness from the power distribution box removing old brittle plastic etc and replacing a fuse insert terminal. Will be ordering d side UCA bushings to finish that job. So progress is slow but the "foundation" for this Mark is near re done, imo.

A couple of days ago I pulled a steering wheel from a black 95 Mark VIII (base model) and a window motor at the Charlotte Pull-A-part. The steering wheel is in excellent condition and I will replace the one I have now which is grimy. I am tempted to remove the stock wheels but I have already been accused of making our back yard look like a salvage yard!...Very few parts have been removed from this one. Just for kicks I may cut off the splayed out chrome exhaust tips to put on my Mark. Suprising to me that more parts have not been pulled from it. Anybody want a cobra motor!!:cool:

Drove my 98 from North Port (Sarasota) to New Jersey. 19 hrs, 20 mins @70 mph straight through. Averaged 23.8 mpg towing a light trailer. My great 8 gets me there again problem free. Turned quite a few heads on the way up! I was so proud!

Cleaned her up after her 500 mile journey to the car show and back. Installed a new Motorcraft throttle position sensor since I didn't know the age of the spare I needed to use. Every once in a while she'd idle down roughly on deceleration and I suspected the aged sensor. When I removed the throttle body, three more ceramic beads fell out from the cerma-chrome process!!!!! Holy mackerel. That could certainly have been the problem. Oh well. I guess it pays to be anal occasionally. :shifty: :D

Put washer fluid in and cleaned the windshield. :)

This weekend I actually plan on working on it a little. Supposed to be in the 60's. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.
Back