What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

white faced gauges

I'm talking like this where the entire back lights up and can change colors and styles. This setup is for a Ford Exploder.
IGG-FD101-3.jpg

these are like that they look black until you turn the lights on

got frozen out of my car twice today..had to take a torch to my key to get the lock thawed enough to be able to turn the damn thing..even the door code wouldn't pop the lock..hate winter!

take a plastic bag from the grocery and twist it like your gonna towel flik someone, before you close the door - at the upper right hand of the door (but really left of the corner of the door), put one end at 11:00 and the other at 3:00 - then close the door. When you go to open the door, just open the handle, DO NOT PULL once you do that take the ends of the bag (at 11 and 3) and pull them, then open the door with the handle. Thew bag trick breaks the freeze and saves your door handle. Nail the lock with a can of lithiam in the latch - both the bag and the lithiam will help, the bag, 10 times more than the litiam... but the combination has saved my door handle and inner workings for 3 years running now. Gotta make sure you use the lithiam cause once you get it open... it may not close. In this case, take a screw driver and flip the lock mechanisim back to where it should be...

Debi

I'm using my Mark as a refridgerator right now.... inside currently resides a 12 pack of yuengling and a bottle of Jameson whiskey in the back seat.... only cuz I have no room inside the house for it!

i have an occasional battery light that confuses me.
i've seen it twice now, and both times the alt was putting out ~14.5 volts. a little high, but its always like that cold.
i have no idea why its doing that.
resting battery voltage is low, a flat 12, sometimes less. i assumed because it was cold. but maybe my battery is dying..

Chris, correct me if I am wrong, as its been a while since I looked at a Mark alt... but the single wire that fords always have, (you know the one) make sure its all the way on the terminal and not coming off. I had a similar issue w/ my '94 GT... battery light would flash occasionally... pulled in, popped the hood... found that single wire worked its way off.

Magnetico you can get them better looking you just need to get rid of the kit and do some
Real wet sanding and buffing.

there from white gauges.net if i could show you there is no differnce looks factory

there from white gauges.net if i could show you there is no differnce looks factory

You bought overlays....basically, stickers that go over the factory gauge face.

Mark 8 Muscle's kit actually replaces the whole gauge face inside the cluster. I went to his shop in Georgia and for comparison, he handed me his product and the OEM gauge face side by side, and there's no difference in quality, other than the M8M ones being better.

This is the one that'll be going into my 98, as soon as I get a little free time.

IMG_2561.jpg

IMG_2562.jpg

ok know i see what your talking about honstly my cover ups look just like that at night . no bs except mines a 93 and all the speed numbers are large im not argueing about this but you cant tell the diffrence 23.00 or 98.00 thats your call.

Chris, correct me if I am wrong, as its been a while since I looked at a Mark alt... but the single wire that fords always have, (you know the one) make sure its all the way on the terminal and not coming off. I had a similar issue w/ my '94 GT... battery light would flash occasionally... pulled in, popped the hood... found that single wire worked its way off.
Hi Stang... I've never had that happen and I have replaced several.... emphasis on SEVERAL alternators and have never had that happen... is it right now?

the numbers are tranparent so the light shines thru them

Have you driven at night they suck!! I had them in my 95 I had to add LED strips behind each gauge to see it at night. The mk8muscle one is like previously stated better than stock. You get what you pay for if you go cheap that's what you get.

guages for my 94

Have you driven at night they suck!! I had them in my 95 I had to add LED strips behind each gauge to see it at night. The mk8muscle one is like previously stated better than stock. You get what you pay for if you go cheap that's what you get.

Thanks for that tidbit keatonsdad - was looking at them myself - woulda been disappointed :Beer

Do you have trouble with rubbing with 275's?

I ordered the 18" Bullitts from custom wheel shop and want to make sure I don't rub!

none. but im on 17s. so my tires are a bit shorter.
lots of guys on 275s with 18s though.
i think 97 Octane even has 275s on all four corners.

Put mine up on the ramps this morning. I've been smelling oil every so often and the "low oil level" warning came on yesterday and I had to add a quart. Something's up and I've got to find the leak. Yay for me.

Update:

Well, bad news. My oil filter adapter gasket is leaking:(

And the ball joint boot on my p/s upper control arm (less than a year old!!!!!) is cracked to pieces. That's where my squeak has apparently been coming from. Fun.

Chis2523 how do you not rub does your car sit high
There is no chance 275s would fit on my car when I lower it.
I run 03 bullitts for wheels.

Put mine up on the ramps this morning. I've been smelling oil every so often and the "low oil level" warning came on yesterday and I had to add a quart. Something's up and I've got to find the leak. Yay for me.

Update:

Well, bad news. My oil filter adapter gasket is leaking:(

And the ball joint boot on my p/s upper control arm (less than a year old!!!!!) is cracked to pieces. That's where my squeak has apparently been coming from. Fun.

Check your oil pressure sending unit before replacing the gasket, those things leak like crazy when they go bad, and then the oil gets blown back to the oil filter housing. I would suggest swapping the $3 part, then cleaning the area with degreaser and recheck the next day

Chis2523 how do you not rub does your car sit high
There is no chance 275s would fit on my car when I lower it.
I run 03 bullitts for wheels.

bilstien shocks, stock ride height in the rear.
with the rear bilstiens i can't sit low enough to rub even if i vent all the air out.
but even with the stock shocks, it only rubbed a little til i pulled out the little black fender edge, that cured 90% of it.

Check your oil pressure sending unit before replacing the gasket, those things leak like crazy when they go bad, and then the oil gets blown back to the oil filter housing. I would suggest swapping the $3 part, then cleaning the area with degreaser and recheck the next day

Good idea. May save me a couple of hours. Thanks!

I think someone posted a thread as to who uses their Mark's as Daily Drivers like I do and who has them a secondary cars?

New UCA's/LCA's snow tires and mine feels like a new car again ready for it's winter duties. Including taking me to help in getting a 1938 Buick Convertible loaded and transported to it's new owner. So here it is 2012, now who else is at a dealership selling cars like this :p
1938 Buick Convertible

Didn't work, I had to heat up the entire handle and around it to thaw the mechanism inside the actual door to be able to pop the lock..wasn't just the lock tumbler.

My 96' did that to me but not sure if my 98' has pulled that on me yet? I know it has frozen the seal shut once after a rain and then a freeze in the morning.

Sucked coming in from the pass side and pushing the door open :mad:

Members online

Back