What did you do to your LS today?

Yeah I did in fact get those wheel from USArims, they came with the center caps and although blanks, I found a vendor on eBay selling custom inserts.

EDIT:

https://www.usarim.com/lincoln-wheels-sku-270-19-inch-silver-with-chrome-lip-rims/

They are out of stock, they don't sell too many anyhow.

Search google for SKU: LCN-270-19-SLV

You might find a set somewhere else, saw them on eBay some time ago.

EDIT: (again)

http://www.ilovebodykits.com/produc...ilver_Lincoln_LS_Continental_Wheels_Rims.html

^ these guys claim to have them in stock.

Thank you. My apologies on the lack of searching. I am not sure how I missed that entire thread in my searches the other day.

LOL, same here, last week on the wife's 03, black car, black wheels w/ silver Tbird center caps, gives it that 5.0 interceptor look, center caps are getting some flat black paint today.

Black car, tinted windows but mine are Taurus steelies painted black, no caps but chrome lugs. I don't recommend the Taurus steelies though, they need spacers to clear front and rear calipers :-(

If I ever sell it, I might keep the chrome stockers as winter wheels for my S-Type and sell it with the steelies

I know, where can i find one

I made it by cutting the center section out of an S-Type and LS engine covers and plastic-welding them together. IIRC, I found the procedure on a T-Bird forum. I may also have posted here, but I don't remember. It would be 2 years ago come Januaryish......

Got mine stuck in the driveway. Peg legs at the bottom of a wet clay hill don't get along very well. Should be unstuck at the end of the week.

Incidentally, I'm in my new place now. Getting close to being able to kiss my LS good bye. Just waiting on that mortgage to finalize.

so... since when do you get to move in before the mortgage is finalized?

lord knows when we bough our house a few years ago, it was actually the third house we tried to buy as problems kept coming up on the banks end resulting in the sale not going through...

I hate moving so much, I would go bat sh!t crazy if I got all of my stuff moved and then there was a problem with the deal that couldn't be worked around!

lord knows when we bough our house a few years ago, it was actually the third house we tried to buy as problems kept coming up on the banks end resulting in the sale not going through...

I hate moving so much, I would go bat sh!t crazy if I got all of my stuff moved and then there was a problem with the deal that couldn't be worked around!

was thinking the same thing

Today the upper radiator hose was replaced. A hairline crack developed in the plastic coupler section. Now we'll wait for the next hose assembly to fail; I plan to replace them as they fail.

Just popped on the black painted Tbird center caps for the winter wheels on the wife's 03 V8 before heading out for the week.

Yeah, much better ... all murdered out LS with Magnaflows, don't get pulled over Dear, if you do ... just undo a few buttons and smile!

~ gone Truckin, L8'er

When I started this, it was bare land. When you put a new place in you get a builder's loan. Once the place is up and can be appraised it gets converted into a regular mortgage.

I plan to replace them as they fail.

LOL just the type of rookie crap that leads to a poorly taken care of car that is not maintained and falls apart fast.

heres to hoping all the times your going to be letting your engine over heat that it doesnt destroy your engine!

When I started this, it was bare land. When you put a new place in you get a builder's loan. Once the place is up and can be appraised it gets converted into a regular mortgage.

gotcha, that makes a lot of sense!

LOL just the type of rookie crap that leads to a poorly taken care of car that is not maintained and falls apart fast.

heres to hoping all the times your going to be letting your engine over heat that it doesnt destroy your engine!

Funny. The LS looks just as great now as when it left the showroom 10 years ago, except that it has 65,000 more miles on it, and all this time is has been dealer maintained except for oil changes - I do those myself twice a year using Motorcraft parts.

Funny. The LS looks just as great now as when it left the showroom 10 years ago, except that it has 65,000 more miles on it, and all this time is has been dealer maintained except for oil changes - I do those myself twice a year using Motorcraft parts.

BUT if you are waiting for each part to fail before replacing it, then your car will overheating each time a part fails, and with so many parts that will fail, your really playing Russian roulette here. even with the relatively low miles on the car, you have just reached the end of the life expectancy of all of those plastic parts (10 years)

hopefully when the next one fails, you are close to home and don't get stranded somewhere.

Washed, cleaned and interior detailed the new 04 LSE

image.jpg

not bad for $1298.35 as is (needs coils & plugs)

was $1300 but I found $1.65 in between the seats when I was cleaning it so it's already paying me back. :shifty:

That is a great deal, I thought my $1800 last year was good, needed coils and transmission solenoid. Good job for sure

I forgot, Saturday at Hite performance

Oil change and pan gasket
coolant flush
Rear lower control arms
front upper control arms
tie rod ends
red LED rear turn signals w/resistors
Rat nest removal (under cowl)
front and rear pads

and an hour of vodkas and car talk (new projects planned)

Picked it up from the body shop.

2 weeks ago a nice lady backed up her rental Dodge Dart into the front driver side bumper. Cracked it, not too bad. I was home when it happened, but I park my cars in a parking lot across the street so I didn't see or hear it happen. I just happened to walk by a window and saw the lady standing outside her car writing a note and my stomach immediately turned because I knew what she was doing. So I went outside and she gave me all her info (Erie Insurance). Erie actually called me ASAP, before I had a chance to call them and said everything checks out and gave me a list of places I could take it. One place was a mom and pop body shop from the area I went to high school. I picked that one. I didn't have any direct concerns but in the back of my mind I kept thinking, man what am I going to do when I go to pick it up and it has Gen I bumper on it.

Took it to them last Thursday for an inspection, took them about 20-30 minutes. Dropped it off for repairs Monday morning and they called me Tuesday evening to say it was done. It was super dirty when I dropped it off because they have been on a rampage recently cleaning up the neighborhood and have demolished 3 houses and built a parking lot. I don't drive the LS a lot so it's been covered in dust and dirt from the construction. I went to pick it up today and it had been washed and given a new inspection sticker, they just took it upon themselves.

Looks perfect too, couldn't be happier. It's rare enough someone does minor damage to a car in a parking lot and actually has the moral fortitude to leave their information, then to have a completely painless repair process with a shop that goes the extra mile. Too good to be true, had to share.

Cheers, fellas.

IMAG0779.jpg
IMAG0797.jpg

IMAG0779.jpg

IMAG0797.jpg

Members online

Back