What did you do to your LS today?

popcorn.gif
... and we did what to our LS'es today ???

Depends..... Do you like heavy traffic all the time? Do you like high gas, electric, college, water, real estate prices and tax bills? Do you speak Spanish/Mexican fluently? Are you OK with large areas where you definitely DON'T want to go, or accidentally wind up? Do you want to live in a bankrupt state? How 'bout having a Governor not-so-affectionately nicknamed Moon Beam? I don't care about the weather, I would leave here in a nano second were I not tied here due to my mother in law (wifey WON'T move)!

Doesn't sound different from where I live now honestly. I was thinking about SF, but it doesn't get warm enough for me there. Maybe SD but I hear its too expensive. Maybe a suburb area of SD or LA then. IDK.

On-topic - I got a car wash yesterday.

Doesn't sound different from where I live now honestly. I was thinking about SF, but it doesn't get warm enough for me there. Maybe SD but I hear its too expensive. Maybe a suburb area of SD or LA then. IDK.

On-topic - I got a car wash yesterday.

Well...... Home prices are at least $200 per sqft (on small ~5000 sqft lots), premium at Costco is ~$3.64 per and my winter gas & electric bill (no A/C and no heat; gas stove top) is minimum $150, summer approaches $300 running the A/C only when we have to and water is ~$140 and I haven't watered the lawn in a couple of months. They just raised the the water and electric prices and lowered the baselines. To be in a decent suburb you're looking at least 75 miles from L.A. Even then the acceptable areas are very expensive. Go to a real estate web site to get an idea of home prices and gasbuddy.com for gas prices. Look in the Riverside, San Bernardino, Oceanside, Temecula, Murrieta and Corona for starters. There good and bad areas there too.

And I took the LS out for coffee this morning.

Thanks for the info! To give u an idea of how bad it is where I am, if you go about 4 - 5 blocks in the wrong direction you will be very lucky to drive out of the area without any issues. I've had it happen where I've had to go in the wrong direction and have been stopped by undercover cops telling me to NEVER go down those streets again, it can be quite rough. Also, my property tax is ridiculous. I pay $7,700 a YEAR for a lot that is 50x150 total acreage of .10 1/10th of an acre. It is TOO expensive. Your gas is a little more, but I don't mind that as I have a DD that gets 35MPG. She's dead set on the LA area so I guess I'll have to do more research, the thing is I'd be transferring within my company and they have locations in : LA, SF, SD, and Irvine. So it would have to be in one of those 4 areas, and close enough to the office to commute. <30-40 miles.

Thanks for the info! To give u an idea of how bad it is where I am, if you go about 4 - 5 blocks in the wrong direction you will be very lucky to drive out of the area without any issues. I've had it happen where I've had to go in the wrong direction and have been stopped by undercover cops telling me to NEVER go down those streets again, it can be quite rough. Also, my property tax is ridiculous. I pay $7,700 a YEAR for a lot that is 50x150 total acreage of .10 1/10th of an acre. It is TOO expensive. Your gas is a little more, but I don't mind that as I have a DD that gets 35MPG. She's dead set on the LA area so I guess I'll have to do more research, the thing is I'd be transferring within my company and they have locations in : LA, SF, SD, and Irvine. So it would have to be in one of those 4 areas, and close enough to the office to commute. <30-40 miles.

Those areas here you may not be fortunate enough to get a warning from a cop; you'll just get shot. A 30-40 mile commute is an hour to hour and a half drive. Where in those ares? What is your housing budget, if I'm not being too nosy.... You can PM me or shoot an email to me if you don't want this to be too public. michael. hall @ llsoc dot com......

Replaced the battery today in my '06. It was the original and has lasted 7+ years, thank you,RIP. The tech at the dealership said he'd install it and it took him a while to get the positive clamp off the post. but fait accompli. it was $130 incl tax . It ran down when I was working an all night security gig at the All State Sugar Bowl Fan Fest, it was cold and I was listening to tunes without the engine running :( I used pop a loc thru GEICO and after running it was OK but this last cold snap, didnt leave enuff cold cranking amps and it died. I think it was a good price. My bumper, grille and skid plate come in manana or Monday and Ill b looking good again, thank you. 73,982 and counting

Let her idle for a bit. Folded the mirrors in. Don't want my kids bumping into them and getting hurt.

LS (Front) Sway-bar End Links

. . .
Finally got around to replacing my Front Sway-bar end links. I got 'em from ebay about 4 or 5 months ago.
Just couldn't handle the nerve wrecking "thuds" I was getting from every single pebble on the road... :mad:
It was my first time replacing 'em. Start to Finish in about 20-25 minutes.

Now I get this controlled "swwisshee" sound when I go over speed bumps ?? -:confused:
...Hell as long as they're a "contolled" swisshee sound...not the "thuds" -I'm happy...

LS Sway Bar End Links.jpg

LS Sway Bar End Links.jpg

I am continuing in my quest to replace the plastic coolant components and front hoses. The alternator (generator) must be replaced as well. While I'm at it, replacing the pulley's and belt.

Maybe it's just me or I'm getting old, but I'm having a hell of a time disassembling all the various pieces and parts that either must be replaced or have to be removed to get at the part to be replaced. I keep breaking small plastic tubes and the so call quick disconnect fittings. Maybe the cold does not help either.

Alternator (reman motorcraft), COPs (motorcraft) and plugs (motorcraft fine wire)
Crazy part was finding 3 plugs only hand tight and one of the boots was covered in blowby since the plug was so loose. Very fortunate to not find ANY oil in the wells, I had even bought VCGs and was ready to pull the covers. Didn't need to in the end.
1st time this car has run right since I bought it.

Thanks to all the info written in this forum it went much better than expected. The alternator was actually a big surprise and only took 1.5hrs.

Slapped on the motorcraft sport shocks (front) that I had been hording in my garage for the last year.

Used the weight of the car and another jack to uncompress / compress the springs. Took loose the swaybar end links and replaced them. Note, take the upper ball joint apart to get the max drop to the control arm if your going to do it this way. Car handles so much better.

oh thats dip ?? looks glossy , i have mine dipped too , Gen 2 though only red part dipped

uploadfromtaptalk1391544036510.jpguploadfromtaptalk1391544065349.jpg its a little dirty due to the rain/snow showers lastnight but it smoothed out very nicely, I might go over it again once we get some warm weather. But right now I'm loving it.

uploadfromtaptalk1391544036510.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1391544065349.jpg

Worked a little on the engine cover. Man I HATE sanding!!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back