What did you do to your LS today?

yes sir, necessary

20140115_150208.jpg

20140115_093850.jpg

Washed. Running the best since I've owned it (knock on wood). Apologize for the portrait pic.
Snapchat-20140207050459 (1).jpg

Snapchat-20140207050459 (1).jpg

Backed it out of the garage, sat for 10 minutes, backed it back into the garage.

You guessed it, forgot to include that I drove down the driveway a bit. Wasn't going to get stuck on the icy road though without nothing more than storage insurance. Just enough to get the LS juices pumpin'.

Moved mine to a new address. Sold my house last month, which is why I've been off here for a week or so. New digs cost a bit more, but is about 20 miles closer to my new job and is where we spend most of our off time so it mostly evens out.

Now that I've got a stable house again with a garage to work out of, it's time to change the front hubs. That grinding noise that started in the front a couple of months ago is getting louder.

Driving my wife's truck on our way back home after the snow fall (1"-2") I saw a silver Lincoln LS that was involved in an accident, the HHR slammed the median and the LS is being hauled up in the tow truck with the bumper missing. Just curious on how bad it is driving at this kind of weather, I backed off the LS on my driveway later that day and got a total workout. It got stuck, I have to clear the pack of ice on the driveway to move it out, definitely not going to do this again. Guess I need new tires too or just kept her in the garage when it's a week of below freezing temp..

2 inches lol... Tires are everything. I do just fine with good all seasons, but there are times I know I won't make it if I go out.

Snow tires are on the list for next year, that is if I still have it. Northern Mich is more brutal than I'm used to.

for the winter id recommend a slimmer winter tire , 225 55 17s , i recently changed my tires to 255 45 17 in the rear and they are all season and i slip even with a couple cm of snow , i got stuck like 4 times already in semi deep snow

2 inches lol... Tires are everything. I do just fine with good all seasons, but there are times I know I won't make it if I go out.

Snow tires are on the list for next year, that is if I still have it. Northern Mich is more brutal than I'm used to.

If it's 2 inches of wet snow the LS will just plow through it, 2 inches of ice means you're in big trouble. Funny thing is that my camry hybrid (an appliance) just went through it without any problems.

If it's 2 inches of wet snow the LS will just plow through it, 2 inches of ice means you're in big trouble. Funny thing is that my camry hybrid (an appliance) just went through it without any problems.

Well more weight over the front wheels so that is expected. I've been driving through ice and deep snow for the past couple weeks. Haven't been in big trouble yet.. But I don't really have any hills where I'm from.

Tires and weight make all the difference. With winter tires and about 100 lbs in the trunk I haven't had any issues in snow, ice, rain all year. And I've driven during blizzard conditions several times. My Sonata FWD has gotten stuck 2x's in these same conditions, but never the LS.

Tires and weight make all the difference. With winter tires and about 100 lbs in the trunk I haven't had any issues in snow, ice, rain all year. And I've driven during blizzard conditions several times. My Sonata FWD has gotten stuck 2x's in these same conditions, but never the LS.

does your sonata has winter tires too? reminds me of buying those sandbags and put in my LS's trunk, it's going to kill my mpg but it will help.

No it has whatever tires I bought it with... All season tires. I don't have sand bags, but with the battery, spare, and two 12"s in a box, I'd say its easily over 100 lbs in the trunk in weight. I've even driven out of 6+" of snow on the street from a dead stop without issues. I can honestly say - My LS drives better than my Sonata in snow/ice. No BS

Members online

Back