What did you do to your LS today?

Actually Chris, I think a separate thread to discuss cop cars might be interesting in itself. Makes me no difference, really.

This request is ****ing hilarious coming from the guy who named himself BigRig.

By the way, if you are so ****ing concerned with this request you can start counting how many times I've fulfilled it here http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/search.php?searchid=103922

Any other requests? Or is this the part where you talk about how much money you make?

Ugh, why do I bother listening to this child with a keyboard.

Oh, I'm so terribly sorry Chris, I should have saved you the time and efforts by making mention of:
"I DON'T GIVE A RATS A$$ WHAT YOU THINK, SAY or DO"!!!

(suddenly without notice the pig icon and cop sig disappear)

if i get an LS, why do I want a gen 2 vs gen 1? what years are gen 2?

Search. It's been covered many times.
Short answer: gen II is 2003 to 2006, Gen II has more horsepower, more features, over 500 improvements, more reliable.

Welp I traded in the Chevy for my baby back.....got the fender fixed from the bender and had this painted and installed.....

Thanks T-Money!!

lsrear_zps3ba4c255.jpg

lsrear2_zpsf985f92f.jpg

Nice lip, got the same, sitting in the basement waiting to go on once the trunk lid comes off and gets redone. (small amounts of corrosion around keyhole and surround)

Turned out well, looks good.

Did you ask and or see how they fastened it to the deck?
On the one I got from a salvage yard I can tell they refastened it a few times, globs of black rubber epoxy got bigger and bigger each time.
seems by looking at it the thin double sided tape around the inner lip was possibly not enough to keep it on.

I got this one from T...it's one of those from whatever that place is that has the replica ones...it has 2 suds...one on each end and the rest of it is double sided tape.

Other then knowing that...I handed it to them...said please paint it and install it....it's done and I hope it lasts a couple days...haha

2 suds ?

Mine actually has some slight warpage going on from a heat reaction of the chemicals in the black rubber epoxy when it cured from what I can see.
However, already had my neighbour look at it (classic car restoration shop owner) and says he'll straighten it out when we get to it. no point putting it on this season until after we get it in for the bumper covers and trunk redo ... take the McLaren Grille and LSE spoiler lip in at the same time and match the whole thing in one go.
Was supposed to happen this season but life gets in the way ... you know how it goes.

It's unreal how well I know..not enough was done with my truck so I can park the LS this winter.

I should look for a cheap set of winters soon.

replaced my creaking rear control arm with with a used one from junkyard. The rubber is broken but I sealed them using locktite polyurethane roof sealant. There is still play left because the toe link is also busted. Need to replace both soon.

replaced my third brake light bulb.

replace my fog light bulb, got to go back to Advance Auto since they gave headlights instead of fog bulbs.

thinking of doing the roof sealant on the crack rubber bushings on the rear driver side lower control arm.

https://www.facebook.com/diylincolnls8

replaced my creaking rear control arm with with a used one from junkyard. The rubber is broken but I sealed them using locktite polyurethane roof sealant. There is still play left because the toe link is also busted. Need to replace both soon.

replace my fog light bulb, got to go back to Advance Auto since they gave headlights instead of fog bulbs.

thinking of doing the roof sealant on the crack rubber bushings on the rear driver side lower control arm.

OMG! This way cool Bro, Thanks.

I installed a fresh set of coils and spark plugs over the weekend since it developed a miss. It's on its 3rd set of coils and plugs at 80,000 miles. The car is running great now so no complaints. Also, I paid it off last month. No car payment is a beautiful thing.

I let it go...I'll have spare parts for sale here sometime in the near future. Oh and pics of the new ride when it stops raining.

So I went ahead and seal the left side the next day just to find that whoever did the brake job before didn't do it the right way. I can't figure out why the inner pad is stuck in the caliper, it won't move up, left or right. When I checked the caliper piston, the notches were not aligned to the inner pad. Glad I found this issue. Have the arm removed, applied sealant and curing it until this weekend.

Repainted mirrors and handles this weekend.

Also got spoiler bolted on (yay no more tape!).

WIll get some photos going this week as the dip weekend approaches.

very cool, like i said, call if you'd like....GL

I'm completely lost as to what is going on with your LS lately, have you been posting on the FB page and not here? :eek:

I think I got a plan G Rell. But yea I got your # in my phone. What was the weather like when you dipped btw? Forecast is upper 70s with rain chances. HEard glossifier is only thing effected by humidity.

Mlara, yea I have not been very informative. Especially in terms of photos. Posted a couple experimental things on the FB thread. Just have not made a thread here on LVC just yet. Probably going to wait until the car is finished.

In short:
I am dipping my car matte lime green.
Gloss black accents on part of handles, mirrors, spoiler, grills, entire roof.
Retinting tails and also adding tint to headlights (possibly fogs).

I have been doing body work and unwrapping vinyl for the last 2 months whenever I have time (weekends).

I added a second Homelink garage door opener in the passenger visor.
My car is in great shape but is now a beater so I don't care if it's not perfect.

20131009_134943 (Small).jpg

20131009_135009 (Small).jpg

20131008_205543.jpg
Since I have everything apart for my blue led conversion decided to change the clock spring due to a sporadically functioning cruise control figured what the Hell

20131008_205543.jpg

I'll be changing the wheel hub tomorrow, just a quick question, are Precision just as good as timken, oreylles has precisión in Stock they don't carry timken, auto zone does but I'd have to order it both are same price, any input?

Spoiler bolted on:
1394198_10101462499276692_213719959_n.jpg

Cowl and windshield molding painted:
1375304_10101462499635972_377947440_n.jpg

Wiper arms painted:
1380229_10101462499536172_545717688_n.jpg

Baby pressure washer my dad got me for bday:
1385428_10101462499845552_1077311649_n.jpg

There it is, waiting to be dipped. Washing tomorrow.
1382330_10101462499481282_1573495451_n.jpg

Not much help, heard of Timken and they're OEM suppliers like SKF. Precision may be as well but haven't heard of them. You'll probably be fine as long as you're not slammed, cambered and running 100 lb wheels.

For what its worth, I bought Timkin based on recommendations from this forum. I've only had em on for about 500 miles now, but they seem fine.

Members online

Back