What did you do to your LS today?

went ahead with timkens, cant complain, now the humming noise that sounds like the power steering is slightly louder since i dont have the wheel hub making the loud rumble anymore

Spoiler bolted on:
1394198_10101462499276692_213719959_n.jpg

Cowl and windshield molding painted:
1375304_10101462499635972_377947440_n.jpg

Wiper arms painted:
1380229_10101462499536172_545717688_n.jpg

Baby pressure washer my dad got me for bday:
1385428_10101462499845552_1077311649_n.jpg

There it is, waiting to be dipped. Washing tomorrow.
1382330_10101462499481282_1573495451_n.jpg

She's a beut clark!..... (the power washer that is) the other pics not working

Yea looks like the photo links expire. I just copied them from facebook thread.

I will be taking many more photos tonight. Removing window moldings and door seals.

Claying it today and have to add power steering fluid to it , I got mercon v trans fluid from carquest , is it the same as motorscrafts mercon v to put into the power steering ?

20131011_111059.jpg

20131011_111109.jpg

20131011_111124.jpg

Alright....I'm tossing this in here quick....I tried in the For sale spot....I'm looking for anyone who is parting out an LS....I need the auto headlight sensor....If I had one I would be posting...today I fixed my auto headlight sensor...ha.

One guy, forgot his name, I sold him my set :frown:

He never got it tuned and needed a little more work, then he stopped updating.

S.O.A.B

cant catch a break lol, but my love for this car is too great

so i got the wheel hub replaced

got some unexpected play money so decided to get the coils ordered (should be in next week)

and now i think or better yet im pretty sure i need the master cylinder replaced, symptoms include creaky noise when pressing the brake and also break petal goes all the way to floor hitting the back a few times

*sigh

oh well baby gets what baby wants lol

S.O.A.B

cant catch a break lol, but my love for this car is too great

so i got the wheel hub replaced

got some unexpected play money so decided to get the coils ordered (should be in next week)

and now i think or better yet im pretty sure i need the master cylinder replaced, symptoms include creaky noise when pressing the brake and also break petal goes all the way to floor hitting the back a few times

*sigh

oh well baby gets what baby wants lol

I had a grinding type noise coming from the right front caliper that was only cured by replacing the caliper (I replaced both front calipers).

After the initial stop the pedal in all my Ford products can be pushed to the floor. I don't know why but it seems to be a trait of Ford products. As long as you have no issues stopping the car I wouldn't worry about the pedal. Like I said, after coming to a stop (or even after the initial pedal "stop") I can always push the pedal further.

ok that makes me feel a little better , it just worries me that i can hear the creak inside as well

the car has no issues stopping at all , heck i barely tap the break and it responds perfectly

the brake fluid is perfect , so im just a little baffled by noise

yes im very nervous when i start hearing any noise in my car

heres a vid i just took, any input guys

just the front brakes make the creaking noise

[video=youtube;Su52qHr-85Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su52qHr-85Q[/video]

Replaced both toe links with Deeza from Rockauto this Saturday. Took pictures of the rubber boots (inner tie rod) during installation. Took a peek today after driving around town and the rubber boots were all twisted (didn't raise the car so can't take a good picture, but will do once I have the time). Lazy bastards from Tireplus didn't even make sure that the boots are rotating with the rod during alignment. Well this is what you get when you let shops do stuff to your car. I hope I could the wheel alignment DIY, I just spent my precious time during installation not to twist those boots.

If somebody needs a decent rear outer tie rod, I have one available (just pay me shipping). The boots are cracked, the balljoint is still OK and I could put in a polyurethane sealant to prolong its life. The other one is totally shot, got to throw it away.

https://www.facebook.com/diylincolnls8

ok that makes me feel a little better , it just worries me that i can hear the creak inside as well

the car has no issues stopping at all , heck i barely tap the break and it responds perfectly

the brake fluid is perfect , so im just a little baffled by noise

yes im very nervous when i start hearing any noise in my car

heres a vid i just took, any input guys

just the front brakes make the creaking noise

[video=youtube;Su52qHr-85Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su52qHr-85Q[/video]

That's EXACTLY the sound I had! It has no effect on stopping; mine did it for year or so before I replaced the calipers. Using brake-quiet on the back of the pads caused the sound to disappear, but only for a month or so. The only way I could eliminate the creak completely was to replace the caliper.

wet sanded and clear coated the headlights with krylon fusion(junk!!!). it came out super cloudy so i sanded that off and went back to walmart for a can of rust-oleum lacquer clear. Hoping it turns out better tomorrow. Anybody used spray can clear on headlights? What kind? Results?

ok i have a question , i didnt want to start a different post , cause im sure its been asked a bunch of times , but the opnly thread i found was 3 years old

so since im getting the coild in this week what are the recommended plugs ?

in the thread i read i saw 2 major responces the E3s and NGK , any input?

as always thanks for all the help

NGK. I know someone here said they like the E3 plugs, but every single person I know who has used E3 plugs has had poor mileage, poor throttle response and a rough idle.

Last edited:
ok i have a question , i didnt want to start a different post , cause im sure its been asked a bunch of times , but the opnly thread i found was 3 years old

so since im getting the coild in this week what are the recommended plugs ?

in the thread i read i saw 2 major responces the E3s and NGK , any input?

as always thanks for all the help

I would use double platinum or iridium plugs. The stock plugs are mostly NGK.

Members online

No members online now.
Back